DAAD Applicants for 2016-17

Horb

7 minutes ago, yellow.wallpaper said:

I applied for the Intensive Language Program. I emailed the DAAD NY office (Amra Dumisic) from my professional email.

What did you apply for?

I applied for research grant to do PhD in Germany.

I did hear back from Uta last week. She told me that I was not on the list of acceptances, but she did not say when the acceptances would be notified, but they would be coming out in a few days (so, if that was accurate when she said it, theyve already been notified). The wait is coming from Bonn, as was said above.

Cheers to all winners!

2 hours ago, War&Peace said:

I did hear back from Uta last week. She told me that I was not on the list of acceptances, but she did not say when the acceptances would be notified, but they would be coming out in a few days (so, if that was accurate when she said it, theyve already been notified). The wait is coming from Bonn, as was said above.

Cheers to all winners!

I figured!

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

Hi again!

Congrats to everyone. I got the research grant to get my MA (I'm from the US) and I'm kind of shocked at how little other info I have been provided. I got the letter of acceptance, and uploaded that to the portal. Then, I got the insurance information. Now I haven't heard anything in a while. Am I missing something? I feel like I should be doing something else? If anyone else is clear on next steps, let me know! 

2 hours ago, tritalk said:

Hi again!

Congrats to everyone. I got the research grant to get my MA (I'm from the US) and I'm kind of shocked at how little other info I have been provided. I got the letter of acceptance, and uploaded that to the portal. Then, I got the insurance information. Now I haven't heard anything in a while. Am I missing something? I feel like I should be doing something else? If anyone else is clear on next steps, let me know! 

Page 12 of the "Ihr Daad Stipendium" document has a list of actions to be completed. But I'm in the same boat as you. I think we're supposed to notify daad of when we'll be arriving. (middle/end of September for me). But since I haven't bought my ticket yet, there's not much to do, I think.

5 minutes ago, aynrand said:

What the heck is going on?!? It is already April 18 and still no word from DAAD! I just want to know if I am rejected so I can forget about DAAD sooner rather than later! 

this is nuts, I'm so sorry! It's gotta be this week....

On 4/16/2016 at 1:01 PM, yellow.wallpaper said:

Hey guys! I'm walking into this thread pretty late. I still have not heard back and the DAAD portal just says "Selection Made" and has not changed. 

Who's still waiting to hear back?

I still haven't heard anything either.  I suppose that probably means I didn't get it.  

For those of you who were accepted to the Language program I wanted to let you know that I received my documents today from Germany via the portal. It didn't come in a message but rather I got an email that told me that there were new documents on my application page. They were all in German (which is funny considering the point of the program is to learn German) but they basically detail the funding I receive and have a letter of acceptance I could upload back to them.

Study Scholarship 2016/2017

Hey guys! Hope u're doing well. This forum is a great help, thnx to everyone who is posting and giving informations. 

In my DAAD portal account my application status is still preselection made. I was wondering if someone of u has the same thing as I have. When I was in the interview they said that I will be informed in mid April or at the end of April. I'm a bit worried because it's the 19th of April and the application status is still preselection.

Thnx in advance if any of you has any info. that could help me. Hope we're getting positive news these days. Have a nice day

Edited by elloj

6 minutes ago, elloj said:

Study Scholarship 2016/2017

Hey guys! Hope u're doing well. This forum is a great help, thnx to everyone who is posting and giving informations. 

In my DAAD portal account my application status is still preselection made. I was wondering if someone of u has the same thing as I have. When I was in the interview they said that I will be informed in mid April or at the end of April. I'm a bit worried because it's the 19th of April and the application status is still preselection.

Thnx in advance if any of you has any info. that could help me. Hope we're getting positive news these days. Have a nice day

Hi. I applied for the research grant to pursue PhD in Germany and my application status on the portal hasn't changed. It still shows "Application submitted." It has been more than 4 months since my interview. And I really have no idea what is going on. Last week should have been the week of being notified about the outcome of my application but that didn't happen.

I wrote them via portal last week. They apologized for the delay and told that results should be out this week. But I don't know if to believe them or not. Firstly I was told end of March, then beginning of April, then mid-April and now this week. I feel like I have already prepared myself for the rejection and don't wait for the result anymore :D

12 minutes ago, eigthy said:

I wrote them via portal last week. They apologized for the delay and told that results should be out this week. But I don't know if to believe them or not. Firstly I was told end of March, then beginning of April, then mid-April and now this week. I feel like I have already prepared myself for the rejection and don't wait for the result anymore :D

Thanks for that info! No one bothered replying to my recent inquiries. I sent three messages and got no reply. It seems that the decision as to when results will be out is so spontaneous. Initially, I was told I would have to wait for three months, which means that I should have been notified in early March. And then I sent an email and was told results will be out mid-April but that didn't happen obviously. So here we are. Third week of April and still no end in sight.

4 hours ago, aynrand said:

Thanks for that info! No one bothered replying to my recent inquiries. I sent three messages and got no reply. It seems that the decision as to when results will be out is so spontaneous. Initially, I was told I would have to wait for three months, which means that I should have been notified in early March. And then I sent an email and was told results will be out mid-April but that didn't happen obviously. So here we are. Third week of April and still no end in sight.

I really hope they get this thing done this week, but deep inside I feel that we don't hear before the next week. Let's hope for the best.

Hope we'll get good news. By the way I applied for a Master program study scholarship for all disciplines 2016/2017. And still my application status is "preselection made". It's weird cuz a lot here just had selection made and then blank or they got positive news (funding) or rejection. 

Hoping for the best for all of us.

Regards

6 hours ago, aynrand said:

Hi. I applied for the research grant to pursue PhD in Germany and my application status on the portal hasn't changed. It still shows "Application submitted." It has been more than 4 months since my interview. And I really have no idea what is going on. Last week should have been the week of being notified about the outcome of my application but that didn't happen.

I don't know but it also can be a problem of the system, it happens (from my own experience working in the field of IT). But as we still don't have yet any rejection email or rejection in the application status I suppose we are still in the "game" (hopefully). 

Regards

1 hour ago, elloj said:

Hope we'll get good news. By the way I applied for a Master program study scholarship for all disciplines 2016/2017. And still my application status is "preselection made". It's weird cuz a lot here just had selection made and then blank or they got positive news (funding) or rejection. 

Regards

My application is also in the "preselection made" mode :) Thought I was the only one until I read your post! Guess we'll have to wait a little bit more....

3 minutes ago, Suminiky said:

My application is also in the "preselection made" mode :) Thought I was the only one until I read your post! Guess we'll have to wait a little bit more....

Hopefully we get positive news. For what scholarship have u applied (if I may ask). Why I'm asking is because it may be of the kind of the scholarships why we have this "preselection made" mode yet.  I applied for the scholarship of all disciplines (master level). 

2 minutes ago, elloj said:

Hopefully we get positive news. For what scholarship have u applied (if I may ask). Why I'm asking is because it may be of the kind of the scholarships why we have this "preselection made" mode yet.  I applied for the scholarship of all disciplines (master level). 

Yes, it is the same one that I applied to. 

1 hour ago, elloj said:

Regards

I've also applied for this scholarship for master's program. I had the "preselection made" status for about 3 weeks after the interview. Then it changed to "selection made".

17 minutes ago, hero_girl said:

I've also applied for this scholarship for master's program. I had the "preselection made" status for about 3 weeks after the interview. Then it changed to "selection made".

Thnx for the info. From your status I see that u got funding. That's great congratz :). I'm a little bit worried that I still have the preselection status :/