DAAD Applicants for 2016-17

Horb

21 hours ago, kunstkid said:

Hey! Sorry for the confusing wording - I read here that statuses were changing, messaged him, he checked and saw the status had changed - though not sure WHEN it changed. This was yesterday at around 4:30-5pm EST, so I am guessing he just doesn't check as often as I do...

If the selections are inconsistently sent out that's maybe my one bit of hope... I'm applying from Canada, and my friend who received the funding is lower down in the alphabet than I am.... :/

I hope tomorrow we will get our results. As the rejects/fundings are sent so randomly then I think (read: hope) there's still a chance :)

Crossing fingers!

18 hours ago, eigthy said:

I hope tomorrow we will get our results. As the rejects/fundings are sent so randomly then I think (read: hope) there's still a chance :)

Crossing fingers!

I'm so curious as to how they decide to send notifications. I mean, they usually send a burst around 9-11am EST, then nothing. Which is odd, as they start the day earlier...I can't imagine it takes 5 full days to release results.

4 minutes ago, Horb said:

I'm so curious as to how they decide to send notifications. I mean, they usually send a burst around 9-11am EST, then nothing. Which is odd, as they start the day earlier...I can't imagine it takes 5 full days to release results.

I have been wondering the same thing. My status hasn't changed at all. This week is the last week of impatiently waiting for the results. They never replied to my query so I don't know what is going on.

4 minutes ago, Horb said:

I don't understand that either how they release same program results at so different time. Isn't it like they pick people who get award and then send all the results at the same time :D at least that would be my logic, but their logic seemst totally different from mine :)

6 minutes ago, aynrand said:

I have been wondering the same thing. My status hasn't changed at all. This week is the last week of impatiently waiting for the results. They never replied to my query so I don't know what is going on.

Problably they would answer you to be patient and wait for the official letter ( I got that answer when I asked about the results). I have been thinking about calling them, but I don't believe I get satisfing answer.

9 minutes ago, eigthy said:

Problably they would answer you to be patient and wait for the official letter ( I got that answer when I asked about the results). I have been thinking about calling them, but I don't believe I get satisfing answer.

For me, they said early April. We are now in mid-april (by my count anyways). I'd love to have someone call, but hey, they'll just say to wait. I will email if I haven't heard by the end of today, because honestly, it isn't fair to tell us a time frame then not adhere to it. 

18 minutes ago, eigthy said:

At least you got an answer. I didn't. :(

1 minute ago, aynrand said:

At least you got an answer. I didn't. :(

Well I emailed. I never got an answer when I used the portal messenger feature. Maybe try emailing directly or calling?

On April 9, 2016 at 11:38 PM, War&Peace said:

Would there be any point to calling the DAAD NY office to ask if all acceptances for intensive language have been sent out? It's  (212) 758-3223.

I tried calling today but the line was busy. 

Uta Gaedeke is in charge of Intensive Language, so one might try calling her name in the directory. 

(Oh, and I applied to Intensive Language to the NY office, still selection made. If it helps for our machinations: I am at the end of the alphabet, applying from the midwest.)

Did you end up calling back?

I'm not sure there's any point in calling the regional offices, since Bonn seems to have taken over the task of drafting and sending out all the notifications this year, probably explaining the delays. It's so frustrating. :(

1 minute ago, x\/x\/x said:

I'm not sure there's any point in calling the regional offices, since Bonn seems to have taken over the task of drafting and sending out all the notifications this year, probably explaining the delays. It's so frustrating. :(

It is so weird considering last year it was released all at once.

3 minutes ago, Horb said:

It is so weird considering last year it was released all at once.

I know, there are definitely strange things afoot. You'd think they could just do a simple mail merge... 

1 minute ago, x\/x\/x said:

I know, there are definitely strange things afoot. You'd think they could just do a simple mail merge... 

My guess is they change it individually on the portal, then write up the letters, then add them to the portal. And maybe for the rejections they will just do it all at once? I haven't seen anyone accepted/anyone apply to my top choice, so I'm really hoping that maybe they are doing it that way, but idk. I've already resigned myself to defeat *waves flag*

4 minutes ago, Heimat Historian said:

I'm still in the game too Horb. I haven't heard anything via the portal or email.  Did they respond to your email? 

Nope :(

13 minutes ago, eigthy said:

Just another day without results...

If there's no results tomorrow afternoon, then I'll call them (Bonn).

Horb, if you hear something from them, please let me know ;)

Absolutely!

If you do decide to call, please ask if all results have been released (rather than just when) but also if you don't feel ok asking that it is totally fine!

13 minutes ago, eigthy said:

Just another day without results...

If there's no results tomorrow afternoon, then I'll call them (Bonn).

Horb, if you hear something from them, please let me know ;)

3 minutes ago, Horb said:

If you do decide to call, please ask if all results have been released (rather than just when) but also if you don't feel ok asking that it is totally fine!

Of course, I'll ask them ;)

So, we have no evidence yet that all the acceptances weren't released at once? No one has gotten accepted after that first group? 

(I mean this for Intensive Language) 

I haven't called yet NY yet, but I might this afternoon. Let us know what Bonn says. 

49 minutes ago, War&Peace said:

So, we have no evidence yet that all the acceptances weren't released at once? No one has gotten accepted after that first group? 

(I mean this for Intensive Language) 

I haven't called yet NY yet, but I might this afternoon. Let us know what Bonn says. 

I honestly assume they were but who knows.

5 hours ago, x\/x\/x said:

I wonder if the fact they had that whole double website/switchover/one website being down shenanigans back in November/December (anyone else remember this?) has anything to do with it....Maybe they've done a system overhaul and the learning curve is what is making it slower?

Or maybe that's my wishful thinking :P

49 minutes ago, kunstkid said:

I wonder if the fact they had that whole double website/switchover/one website being down shenanigans back in November/December (anyone else remember this?) has anything to do with it....Maybe they've done a system overhaul and the learning curve is what is making it slower?

Or maybe that's my wishful thinking :P

It wouldn't shock me, but idk! 

3 hours ago, aynrand said:

Good morning everyone! 

How do I know which person/office in Bonn to call to ask about the results?

Danke!

I think that number what is on DAAD Bonn facebook page : +49 228 8820