Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

23 minutes ago, elwright said:

Still says submitted. I was told it would be about a week before I would receive an emailed formal acceptance, graduate school willing.

RE: OSU, to draw out the suspense — I'm now getting a log-in error for their applicant center. :P

It'll say "check your admissions decision" under the LORs for Illinois and is a clickable link. You'll know if there's an official decision this way and it's really hard to miss. 

None of the schools I've applied to have released decisions yet and watching all these decisions roll in that don't apply to me is sending my nerves through the roof!!!

In any case, congrats to all admits so far. :) Hopefully some good news is on the way for me and others who are still waiting to hear back from their entire list!

13 minutes ago, ultraultra said:

None of the schools I've applied to have released decisions yet and watching all these decisions roll in that don't apply to me is sending my nerves through the roof!!!

In any case, congrats to all admits so far. :) Hopefully some good news is on the way for me and others who are still waiting to hear back from their entire list!

Definitely this! Based on the decisions from the last few years, hopefully Berkeley will come out sometime next week and begin the trend of my schools getting back to me :P 

Hey guys,

how do you all know when decisions are likely to come out/have just been released? Some secret results page I don't know about? ;)

FIY: I had an interview with UCSB and was recommended for admission, and will have an interview with Emory next week.

Also, one question: I got an email from one university saying I was recommended for admission, but that they needed to review my foreign uni docs etc before the dean takes the final decision, so I had to send a bunch of stuff over there. Now, is there any way that the Dean would NOT approve of me being recommended for admission as long as my documents are in order? What reason could there possibly be for not following the recommendation?

4 minutes ago, IndEnth said:

Hey guys,

how do you all know when decisions are likely to come out/have just been released? Some secret results page I don't know about? ;)

FIY: I had an interview with UCSB and was recommended for admission, and will have an interview with Emory next week.

If you search the school (and keyword political science) in the results survey here, you can start to get a feel for when programs have historically released their decisions. 

http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=political+science

6 minutes ago, MauBicara said:

If you search the school (and keyword political science) in the results survey here, you can start to get a feel for when programs have historically released their decisions. 

http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=political+science

Awesome! There WAS A secret results page ;) Thanks so much.

I guess now that I have an offer I'm a lot more chilled, but until today I was developing an ulcer, with all the stress of waiting...

Congrats to all those receiving glad tidings. Best wishes for those waiting. I was to know this: How doctoral programs in PhD compare to Public policy/admin/affairs programs as far as admission difficulty and process goes. Difference in areas of emphasis, job experience, academic background (Coz these are more diffused and interdisciplinary than political science), standardized test scores?

Any reflections?

On 1/21/2016 at 5:44 PM, Hopeful1222 said:

Have any of you applied to TAMU's Political Science PhD program? If so, have any of you heard anything from them?

Yes, I have applied to TAMU, but I have not heard anything yet.

I have applied to both OSU and WUSTL, and they both seem to bound for rejections. Not a great way to start the cycle, but all that matters is one acceptance at the end!

On 1/22/2016 at 1:13 AM, Syas said:

Yes, I have applied to TAMU, but I have not heard anything yet.

I have applied to both OSU and WUSTL, and they both seem to bound for rejections. Not a great way to start the cycle, but all that matters is one acceptance at the end!

Let me know if you hear anything from TAMU and I will do the same!

Goodluck!

Received an acceptance from UC Davis, notified via email. My first notification of any sort, so quite pleased. With all the focus on OSU -- for which I am still pending -- it was a pleasant surprise to hear from Davis "out of the blue," so to speak.  

Edited by joseon4th

3 minutes ago, joseon4th said:

Received an acceptance from UC Davis, notified via email. My first notification of any sort, so quite pleased. With all the focus on OSU -- for which I am still pending -- it was a pleasant surprise to hear from Davis "out of the blue," so to speak.  

Me too! Congrats!

What subfield are you in? I'm in AP.

Edited by needavacation