KAUST admission Fall 2016

hironohaha

I just had my personal interview after waiting for 2 hours on skype :) it was about 5 mins. nothing academic... interviewer just said to tell about yourself etc... my academic one was on 27 th... Did anyone get an invitation for a 3-rd interview? @siriux do you mean that they sent an email with an invitation to interview in DC?

28 minutes ago, Kaust applicant said:

I just had my personal interview after waiting for 2 hours on skype :) it was about 5 mins. nothing academic... interviewer just said to tell about yourself etc... my academic one was on 27 th... Did anyone get an invitation for a 3-rd interview? @siriux do you mean that they sent an email with an invitation to interview in DC?

Hey, can you tell me what all things were asked in every phase of interview you have faced?

and how do you get the notification about the upcoming interview. through email or in portal?

6 hours ago, Kaust applicant said:

Cong! Nope, Email didn't mention the DC. Just told me to be patience and wait for the final decision. 

@Abdus Khan since you are applying for a MS/PhD, typical procedure would be as follows: you should have your professor of interest (POI) who will contact you to schedule an academic interview over skype (this is more about your academic background, you research experience and your personal interest on POI's research work, like why you want it and how can you contribute to the research). If everything goes smooth and he gives a positive feedback to admission committee regarding you, the committee will contact you via email to schedule a personal interview via skype (this one is a casual talk as I described earlier). After that it depends, some people get an invitation to a 3-rd personal interview or just get a final decision after some time. Hope everything will work out to all of us!

Hello everyone, I submitted my application to the Master program of Environmental Science and Engineering at KAUST befor Jan. 1st. 

And I got an academic interview with POI in Jan. 24th and a personal interview yesterday.

Both are very short. Academic interview lasted about 8 minutes and personal interview 12 minutes.

If you have any questions, I would be very glad to help.

BTW, would you please share why you choose KAUST? I mean honestly.

Hey Guys, I've applied for MS Fall16 program in EE in the month of December 2015. No reply yet ! Is it really true that KAUST gives admissions to only Us or Europe degree holders ? I don't know what my chances would be , I have an 87% in my engineering(and I'm still in my final year) , a research paper published in ISI impact factor journal and the usual stuff which a final year under grad student might have.I see few candidates of MS/Phd and Phd tracks getting their calls but Has anybody  who applied for MS (in EE) got an interview call  yet ? 

@KAUST Thank you for the reply . I was wondering if u could please share a bit of your profile (viz GPA,Gre,publications,). I just want to count my chances ,as we both have common interests in EE . I would be really grateful .  

@Kaust_applicant CGPA 4.0, gold medalist, no gre, Ugrad scholar in my undergrad (semester exchange), 2 internships in my undergrad, 1 year training in power sector and 1 year research work experience in a professional organization. Just one research paper in my desired field that hasn't been published yet but been accepted. But m still facing a lot of competition because US and Canadian students are much preferred here in KAUST. 

Edited by KAUST

Done with another technical interview! that was some real stuff! awesome questions. it took around 1.5 hrs.. The professor had 6 test papers of 6 different subjects! I did best! the professor was happy! He told me that we will see you soon. 

P.S: I had the faculty sponsor interview in Dec, 2015

Edited by KAUST

Hi everyone, 
I've applied for the MS AMCS program and was wondering what the interview process would be like. During the application process I didn't specify any specific professor of interest as it is optional for MS, so I'd like to know how the academic interview will be like, if any. 
Also, I am absolutely negative about my selection since I don't have the greatest GPA score or latest IELTS scores (I submitted the scores from when I took it earlier in 2011). 
Any information would be of great help to me.
:)

@KAUST @KAUST MS/PhD 

Hello,

I have just applied for MS Electrical Engineering at KAUST for Fall 2016.

I have completed B.E Telecommunications from Iqra University , Karachi, Pakistan with a CGPA of 3.3/4 .Having an experience of 3 internships in large scale organisation along with an IEEE  conference publication as a co-author. Moreover I have been participating in Model United Nations Conferences here in Karachi as a part of my extra curricular activities . I want to ask that with this profile , do I have chances of getting admission in KAUST . I have not completed my GRE and IELTS so will it effect my application ? . Need your reviews and comments on it.

Thankyou and best regards.

@Saad Zafar Well, you can't definitely be there without IELTS. And, I don't know about their criterion, we all are on the same page. Let's hope for the best. Have you gone through any kinda interview yet? haven't you?

@Saad Zafar yes as KAUST mentioned, the admission commitee will definitelly ask you for an IELTS score unless you graduated from US/UK, GRE is not compulsory

@KAUST I think that the university will meet the ticket and hotel expenses, that's how it was with previous applicants

Good luck everyone!

22 hours ago, KAUST said:

@Saad Zafar Well, you can't definitely be there without IELTS. And, I don't know about their criterion, we all are on the same page. Let's hope for the best. Have you gone through any kinda interview yet? haven't you?

I understand the requirement . But what I need to ask is that not having IELTS will affect my chances of getting an interview call  ?. I know I will have to submit the result of IELTS before admission. Well I have not recieved any interview call uptill now . What about you guys ?  

Edited by Saad Zafar

@KAUST I get it . I have also emailed them about my status . The language of instruction and all the exams were in English in my University . Btw can we submit our results before joining KAUST ( IF selected ) and when should we expect the interview call ? I submitted about 2 days ago.