Fall 2016 Acceptances, Interviews, and Rejections Thread

gingin6789

33 minutes ago, gingin6789 said:

@HopefulSocPhDHaha you are so sweet. Thank you for the support and the laugh. 

@isthisagoodideatthank you for your support, too! The publications aren't published yet, but they're in the works! Sometimes it just comes down to fit. Maybe one of the profs I wanted to work with wasn't taking on any new students *sigh* but still, I'm glad you and others think I am a strong applicant! That makes my day :-)

@redhillgirlAwww Thank you!! Seriously, you guys are helping me feel so much better. 

Does anyone claim the washington acceptance on the results board? Not a particularly gd fit for me but it seems to be the earliest to notify their admits among the schs i applied to so im quite desperate to hear from them :( 

I really need some news (gd or bad) these few days or i dunno how many pounds will i put on with the binge-eating. 

1 hour ago, gingin6789 said:

Claiming an Emory rejection.

Sorry, that's the worst! *cyber hug*.

Hopefully, several acceptances and stellar funding packages are in the cards for you!

Can anyone claim the Harvard interview? Who's your POI?

It's a stretch, but Harvard's my top choice, so feeling super antsy now. Especially considering that I haven't seen any interviews posted for the program in several seasons. 

I am freaking a little too, Harvard is the only Soc program I applied to, as a complete long shot, I was not aware they interviewed// do most Soc programs interview? 

Edited by liesandfish

32 minutes ago, isthisagoodidea said:

nah same, just wanted to make sure it's not "under review" for others for some reason as "submitted" sounds, well, lame

Im lured to the idea of downvoting u for scaring the heck outta me...but i feel you :/

Edited by redhillgirl

3 hours ago, Katastrophe said:

It seems like everything got really real really fast! 

I'm in office hours for the next three hours...time to check my email every four seconds.

Woah congrats! Mind sharing any stats with us mere mortals so we know what it takes?

@katastrophe make it rain with those acceptances! I'm on mobile so I can't see your signature, but I'm assuming you got some more acceptances judging from everyone's reactions so CONGRATULATIONS!! *throws confetti and bakes you a cake*

4 hours ago, Katastrophe said:

It seems like everything got really real really fast! 

I'm in office hours for the next three hours...time to check my email every four seconds.

Im on mobile as well - congrats!!! which one is it? 

Haha I don't really know what everyone is talking about. I haven't gotten anything new! Just the three I had before: Austin, Minnesota, Ohio State. If that's interesting to anyone I am happy to elaborate :)

Hopefully we all get some good news this week!

2 minutes ago, Katastrophe said:

Haha I don't really know what everyone is talking about. I haven't gotten anything new! Just the three I had before: Austin, Minnesota, Ohio State. If that's interesting to anyone I am happy to elaborate :)

Still, that's great! Yay! *still offers you cake* I hope so too! I'd love a nugget of good news after that rejection today! 

55 minutes ago, Katastrophe said:

I'm not sure if there's something else I'm missing since I've never been through this application process before, but it seems as if three acceptances at this point in the game is pretty impressive! I am just hoping for one acceptance. I only need one and that's where I'm going! :) You must have done something(s) right Kata. :)

Is it me or does anyone else feel this thread seems rather deserted compared to the 2015 acceptance thread? I know it's too early in the game but i can almost rmbr the alias of everyone who ever replied to this thread by now.