Fall 2016 Acceptances, Interviews, and Rejections Thread

gingin6789

10 hours ago, Katastrophe said:

Hi Everyone!

After seeing someone post an Ohio State acceptance last night in the results I optimistically checked their site. I clicked through the application decision and got a message saying I had been offered admission. Tempering my excitement is that I haven't actually heard anything from Ohio State via email or anything. It sounds funny to say it, but I'm not 100% confident it's for real yet. Has anyone experienced something similar?

-Kat

PS. Congrats to all the Irvine acceptances and interviews out there!

Hi, Katastrophe! Ive been lurking around here since yesterday. Yeah, I was the first to post that I got into OSU and was waiting for someone else to post to get some reassurance that it's not a error. So I'm glad you came along! And thanks! I was one of the ones who got into Irvine as well. Congratulations to you too!

Edited by KimchiRamen

47 minutes ago, KimchiRamen said:

Hi, Katastrophe! Ive been lurking around here since yesterday. Yeah, I was the first to post that I got into OSU and was waiting for someone else to post to get some reassurance that it's not a error. So I'm glad you came along! And thanks! I was one of the ones who got into Irvine as well. Congratulations to you too!

Here's to hoping we get a confirmation email on Tuesday when schools are open again, just in case! :)

Rutgers interview hit the Results board today. Anyone wanna claim that? Care to share stats, research interests, and/or whether the email was a mass email or personalized from poi/dgs? 

Edited by gingin6789

I'm interested to hear about that Rutgers interview as well! Haven't gotten anything in my inbox...their website still says no decision has been made about my application. I am feeling worried but it seems like other schools have been sending out interviews over the course of a few days, so I am really hoping that is the case here as well.

9 minutes ago, fall2016applicant said:

I'm interested to hear about that Rutgers interview as well! Haven't gotten anything in my inbox...their website still says no decision has been made about my application. I am feeling worried but it seems like other schools have been sending out interviews over the course of a few days, so I am really hoping that is the case here as well.

Yes, in years past, it appears that Rutgers spread their interview notices out over the course of about a week. Then all their rejections came out shortly thereafter. We'll see what this year brings! 

Also might hear from UC Davis and Emory this week, judging from results from past years ... only time will tell!!

1 hour ago, gingin6789 said:

Yes, in years past, it appears that Rutgers spread their interview notices out over the course of about a week. Then all their rejections came out shortly thereafter. We'll see what this year brings! 

Also might hear from UC Davis and Emory this week, judging from results from past years ... only time will tell!!

Guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed. What is your research focus? 

1 hour ago, fall2016applicant said:

Guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed. What is your research focus? 

Yes indeed! My broad research interests include medical sociology/health, gender, religion, and the environment. 

How about you?

5 minutes ago, MaxWeberHasAPosse said:

I got into UCLA. Just found out a few minutes ago. I'm already in a program but decided to switch out. Don't let anyone tell you GRE scores are everything.

Wonderful news, Max!! Congratulations!!

1 hour ago, Katastrophe said:

I didn't think we'd see any movement over this long weekend! Congrats!!

I was surprised as well. It was weird because the graduate coordinator sent me an email saying I qualified for a special fellowship, and so I responded asking "am I admitted"? Then moments later I got the offer. 

1 minute ago, MaxWeberHasAPosse said:

I was surprised as well. It was weird because the graduate coordinator sent me an email saying I qualified for a special fellowship, and so I responded asking "am I admitted"? Then moments later I got the offer. 

Wow, that's the dream! I can't wait/ I hope to hear the familiar "pip-pop" of my email alert and see an email from one of the graduate programs I applied to... 

2 minutes ago, MaxWeberHasAPosse said:

:lol:

Thank you, Max! Waiting really is hard. I feel as if my SOP is stronger this time around than it was when I applied to Master's programs two years ago. So, we'll see what comes from this! 

Are you pretty set to attend UCLA then, or are you still waiting to hear back from other programs? 

2 hours ago, sociologyapp2016 said:

I like how not a single rejection has been listed for sociology on the results page so far.

Makes sense, early in the season it's always acceptances because usually it is the departments notifying students rather than anything official from the universities. Just wait, the rejection bombs are coming soon.

MaxWeber, would you mind me asking which fellowship the graduate coordinator mentioned? I've also been accepted to UCLA, and I want to try looking more closely at what fellowships they might offer (I'm not that optimistic about how funding will work out, at least from what I've heard in the past). I remember indicating one of the fellowships on my application, but I haven't heard anything back. Also, if anyone wants to message me about UCLA, feel free!