Fall 2016 Acceptances, Interviews, and Rejections Thread

gingin6789

2 hours ago, MaxWeberHasAPosse said:

My old mentor there told me how arbitrary the process is. She had a student that she selected as "definitely admit" and they were still rejected.

Ugh that's discouraging in a lot of respects but also good to be aware of when/if we get rejected, all. Thank you for making us aware of this! 

1 hour ago, nowayjose said:

Additional CUNY admit. Shiiiiiit. 

I feel your pain @nowayjose. I have applied to five schools and haven't heard from any of them yet. Keeping fingers crossed for all of us! 

Just got my first rejection from The Ohio State University :( I didn't get any notification, I just saw it on my routine daily check of the website. It was one of my top choices but it's not all bad because I got in somewhere at least.

1 minute ago, liesandfish said:

I see your undergrad was in Crim, did you apply to any crim programs or only Soc?

I only applied to sociology. Since undergrad, my interests shifted more towards sociology topics rather than pure criminology.

Edited by HopefulSocPhD

For Chicago applicants, I called the Department and the lady said the results would be out by the 1st week of March! Much later than expected :(

Btw I'm facing this weird problem of having to reset my password for Gradcafe every time I try to sign in (the existing password will never work). Does anyone know how to solve it?

Edited by SincerelyI

Anyone want to claim those Duke acceptances?  It looks like they are using both phone and email to let people know.  And since I've had radio silence on both those fronts at this point, I am definitely starting to get a bit nervous:wacko: