Fall 2016 Acceptances, Interviews, and Rejections Thread

gingin6789

Just now, nowayjose said:

wait, did dimaggio leave princeton for nyu, or is it a joint thing? if so, i'm in the same exact boat (wrote about him in sop, but also applied to nyu)

As far as I can tell, he is at NYU only. It took them until very recently to put his profile up on the sociology faculty site, but he was listed in the 'new faculty' part of the main NYU website for some time. I was also confused about that, sorry i didn't think to offer up the information when I worked out what was going on (if I am right, that is!)

2 minutes ago, nowayjose said:

wait, did dimaggio leave princeton for nyu, or is it a joint thing? if so, i'm in the same exact boat (wrote about him in sop, but also applied to nyu)

Related: I think Dalton Conley is leaving NYU and I listed him in my SOP.

1 minute ago, macadamia tea said:

As far as I can tell, he is at NYU only. It took them until very recently to put his profile up on the sociology faculty site, but he was listed in the 'new faculty' part of the main NYU website for some time. I was also confused about that, sorry i didn't think to offer up the information when I worked out what was going on (if I am right, that is!)

He is also still listed (currently) on Princeton faculty page.. 

In general though, is this sort of faux pas an automatic ding, or are us young, naive applicants given a pass? (assuming there are at least 1 or 2 other relevant faculty members on or recently hired)

1 minute ago, reify_this said:

Claiming my first acceptance at NC State!

First school I applied to that I've heard a decision from.  Such a relief to have at least one acceptance under my belt now!

High five, NC State buddy! 

I misspelled the admissions chair's name in my response though. I was too excited. I can't believe I misspelled his name. I apologized in another email but I'm so embarrassed.

My prof who went to NC State said "haha. it's ok. that's funny." when I told her though, so hopefully the chair thinks it's a funny typo, too O_O;;

The recruitment visit falls over a conference I'm presenting at, so I asked the chair if he thought it was a good idea for me to just leave the conference early or schedule another visit to NC State.

If I do leave the conference early, I'll see you there, reify <3

About DiMaggio, I contacted him a couple of months ago and he let me know that he was retiring to NYU this year. This is why I did not apply to Princeton.

Did anyone hear from Berkeley or Duke?

1 hour ago, nowayjose said:

he left prince for nyu. it's not a dual thing. 

21 minutes ago, jc2404 said:

About DiMaggio, I contacted him a couple of months ago and he let me know that he was retiring to NYU this year. This is why I did not apply to Princeton.

Did anyone hear from Berkeley or Duke?

Heard from someone in Berkeley that the adcom has not yet made their final decisions at this point. 

20 minutes ago, Lemontea45 said:

Heard from someone in Berkeley that the adcom has not yet made their final decisions at this point. 

Speaking of it, does anyone know the list of faculty members in Berkeley's adcom this year?

25 minutes ago, Lemontea45 said:

Thank you!! Did they give you any timeframe? I'm obsessively checking the site :/

Don't really want to disrupt the peace here, but Penn is sending out some interviews.

***Update: Based on the statistics, this week we have less decisions coming out compared to last two weeks and the next two weeks. Maybe I am biased based on the programs I am applying to. ***

Edited by goofylemon

9 minutes ago, goofylemon said:

Don't really want to disrupt the peace here, but Penn is sending out some interviews.

***Update: Based on the statistics, this week we have less decisions coming out compared to last two weeks and the next two weeks. Maybe I am biased based on the programs I am applying to. ***

whered u see that? the one on the survey page says it happened January 1th