2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

5 minutes ago, philosopher_queen said:

I just called Berkeley and was told that students are usually notified around the beginning of March. The few students who were offered admission a few days ago were the ones received campus-wide fellowships (usually based largely on GRE scores, I've heard). Based on past years' data, it seems that acceptances and wait lists will come out within the next week and rejections toward the end of Feb. 

You mean, beginning of Feb? (First sentence.)

1 hour ago, AnotherKantFan said:

You mean, beginning of Feb? (First sentence.)

No, he said beginning of March. It's true that admissions decisions seem to be made by March 1, but I think he's wrong to say that they usually come out at the beginning of March. 

Edited by philosopher_queen
Mistype

They have to say stuff like "notified by the beginning of March" or else they would get harassed like crazy. I agree with @philosopher_queen. Some decision should be made by the beginning of March, which is true. You will get an email this month or early next month about the decision, whether thats a rejection, acceptance, or wait list. However, acceptances most typically come out the first two weeks. 

Also, not just campus-wide fellowships based on GRE scores but also based on CA residency. I've received funding emails from UCSB accepted candidates who definitely got funding from a "CA-residency" type deal.  

And that's my way into talking about funding emails. If any of you are feeling bored and happy and want to brag some more, send the blog funding emails and I'll try to get that up and running next week. They are anonymous. When I receive them in the inbox, I do not see anything other than an email from my blog. 

1 hour ago, jacbarcan said:

And that's my way into talking about funding emails. If any of you are feeling bored and happy and want to brag some more, send the blog funding emails and I'll try to get that up and running next week. They are anonymous. When I receive them in the inbox, I do not see anything other than an email from my blog. 

I submitted the details of my offer through some link or other on the blog a while ago. Is that distinct from sending you a funding email, and if so, how do I do the latter?

Hey everyone!

I am new here, but I have been following the discussions on this forum since last month, when I finished all my application.

I just got a phone call from a professor at University of Arizona and he told me that I was admitted!!! I have been waiting for the phone call for the whole day, considering their records of calling the admitted candidates. Since the process of calling might take some time, I suppose that there is still a great chance that people will receive phone calls during the weekend or earlier next week with good news. 

42 minutes ago, violaina said:

Hey everyone!

I am new here, but I have been following the discussions on this forum since last month, when I finished all my application.

I just got a phone call from a professor at University of Arizona and he told me that I was admitted!!! I have been waiting for the phone call for the whole day, considering their records of calling the admitted candidates. Since the process of calling might take some time, I suppose that there is still a great chance that people will receive phone calls during the weekend or earlier next week with good news. 

Congrats! Great result

50 minutes ago, violaina said:

Hey everyone!

Congratulations!!! Omygod, fingers crossed :( 

52 minutes ago, violaina said:

Hey everyone!

That means you get one of these...

tumblr_nzvzw72bH81v1g6r4o1_500.gif

Congrats!!

4 hours ago, MentalEngineer said:

I submitted the details of my offer through some link or other on the blog a while ago. Is that distinct from sending you a funding email, and if so, how do I do the latter?

Which program was it for?

10 hours ago, Chrysippus'Doge said:

There's another Irvine acceptance up, this one for the Philosophy PhD. Anyone wanna claim it? Give a few details?

That was me. Received an email with official funding offer, with followup email about the campus visit. Rather surprised that the result was sent this early, it seems like the sister LPS program only just started sending out acceptances today.

12 minutes ago, Philosoraptor said:

That was me. Received an email with official funding offer, with followup email about the campus visit. Rather surprised that the result was sent this early, it seems like the sister LPS program only just started sending out acceptances today.

philosoraptor, vancouver, Irvine, do I know you? (we could be from the same program) Either way, congrats!

59 minutes ago, jacbarcan said:

Another Berkeley acceptance and wait list. 

the berkeley admit is the same person -- they reposted bc their gre scores were inputed wrong

edit: just kidding, it looks like two total (didn't see the earlier one on the list)

Edited by philosophe

7 minutes ago, jorou said:

If I haven't heard from Arizona by now should I assume that's a no? 

If I don't hear from Arizona by the end of Monday, I'm assuming it's a waitlist or rejection.  They seem to do phone calls for acceptances, so it may take them a little while to reach out to everyone.

Think it means anything that all of the berkeley accepts on the results pg are claimed by international students? There's only one result from an American and its a WL. Am I reaching? I'm probably reaching. 

Signed, 

Hopeful American clutching a dream