2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

3 minutes ago, torpedofish said:

I also just got into Pitt!!! :):) And I was a bumbling mess on the phone...

I wouldn't worry yet. I had a missed phone call at 11:20 or so, and just saw it and called back :) (But note that they didn't try again in those 2 hours, so it wasn't done in one quick sweep.) 

Congratulations! 

I just got got a call from a Pittsburgh number and got nervous and then remembered that I didn't even apply to Pittsburgh. It was a telemarketer. -_- 

Edited by MVSCZAR

2 minutes ago, lisamadura said:

I haven't been submitting my acceptances or rejections to the results page. Is that information compiled and used in the future? Would I be helping TGC out if I went back and reported all of my results? If not, I won't bother. 

Heh well my first post for Pitt got my GPA wrong, and my correction got the school name wrong! (Clearly I'm still in shock.)  But if you, unlike me, are able to post correct results I'd say it's probably helpful. 

8 minutes ago, lisamadura said:

I haven't been submitting my acceptances or rejections to the results page. Is that information compiled and used in the future? Would I be helping TGC out if I went back and reported all of my results? If not, I won't bother. 

Yes, that information is compiled and used in the future. So please do report it! 

2 minutes ago, philosopher_queen said:

Congrats!! Can I ask when you got the call? Trying to determine if I should assume rejection at this point. 

Thank you! I got the call at 11:34 EST which is around 3.5 hours ago. I think it's very possible that they don't call everyone at once, best of luck to you! 

1 hour ago, MVSCZAR said:

I just got got a call from a Pittsburgh number and got nervous and then remembered that I didn't even apply to Pittsburgh. It was a telemarketer. -_- 

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this

I have heard from nowhere and at this moment I will be happy to receive a rejection. They need to acknowledge my existence. :( 

Edited by Hadeel

5 minutes ago, FoxAndChicken said:

Princeton's app was due way earlier this year. Sadly, not me. I'm surprised it's Saturday though. 

Ah, I didn't realize.. That would explain. In the past, they've sent out rejections/admissions at the same time so hopefully we'll hear soon regardless!

Just now, Siegfried42 said:

In the past, they've sent out rejections/admissions at the same time so hopefully we'll hear soon regardless!

The acceptance that was reported said it was via phone, so it might not be until Monday until they've reached everyone.

1 minute ago, ABrown said:

The acceptance that was reported said it was via phone, so it might not be until Monday until they've reached everyone.

And they've sent out responses via email for the past few years. Lorenz is still their DGS, so it would be odd for him to have completely changed how he releases acceptances. 

Maybe we're being trolled?

I shall cling to that hope.

3 hours ago, sneakysombrero said:

What are the odds that we're accepted/waitlisted at USC if we haven't received a rejection e-mail from them? Do you all think they've sent out all their rejection letters? Seem to be a fair number of posts listed on GradCafe

3 hours ago, Dialectica said:

Precisely what I was going to ask. I'm really not sure what the upshot is. Though I was looking through past results and it seems the total number of rejections reported for each year is close to the handful of rejections reported today. So maybe there's hope for those who haven't heard anything.

3 hours ago, metaphysician said:

I'm in the same boat: let's stay positive! 

Me too... hopefully that's not a suspiciously high number of us still waiting? :X If anything it seems like we at least made the first cut. Anything's possible, though, so let's stick with cautious optimism. 

1 minute ago, Cecinestpasunphilosophe said:

And they've sent out responses via email for the past few years. Lorenz is still their DGS, so it would be odd for him to have completely changed how he releases acceptances. 

Maybe we're being trolled?

I shall cling to that hope.

I don't think so, I' think we're misunderstanding the difference between types of contact. Once the admittees have been finalized, there is nothing stopping a particularly excited POI from calling and telling someone "Hey, don't tell anyone I told you but, congratulations..." I think that's what's happening, at least in some cases. 

7 minutes ago, erosopher said:

I see someone posted an acceptance from Oregon. Congrats!

I really hope I get one too... it may very well be my last chance at an offer this year.

Crossing all of my fingers and toes for you :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, philosopher_queen said:

Congrats to both you and @violaina!!

Does anyone know how long going through the call list usually takes? Should I have expected to hear from Pitt already if I was accepted?
Note: My surname is at the end of the alphabet.   

8 hours ago, lisamadura said:

Congrats! Now look who's starting to clean up. Everything's coming up @oldhatnewtricks, eh. 

Thank you so much! I'm just trying to process everything still. I was thinking I had a tiny sliver of a chance at my MAs and a tinier sliver at UVA and Georgetown. So I'm just thoroughly taken aback and wondering if they called the right number!