2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

24 minutes ago, Siegfried42 said:

I called them back after missing a call around 12:15 today. They said I should also have received an email but I've still not gotten that message, so don't lose hope if you haven't heard yet!

Congrats to the Georgia State admits. I'd be happy to chat about the program. Just PM me. 

Edited by philstudent1991

@philoguy I believe Georgia State plans to make their decisions for the first round of admissions and funding offers around March 3, or at least that is what they said in an email that was sent to me at the beginning of February.

I got an official email from CUNY Grad. Impersonal standard email. I can also claim a GSU acceptance but I only found out through voicemail and haven't been able to call back. They also informed me they've awarded me the Kant/Post-Kant Fellowship. 

1 minute ago, Another applicant said:

Guys, RUTGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the greatest day.

Did you get in?!? 

14 minutes ago, ABrown said:

@philoguy I believe Georgia State plans to make their decisions for the first round of admissions and funding offers around March 3, or at least that is what they said in an email that was sent to me at the beginning of February.

Got the same email but saw that a few got phone calls from gsu today. Holding out hope but not looking great.

Just now, Establishment said:

What are your secrets, you philosophical wizard?

I wish I knew! In early February, I spent a lot of time worrying about getting shut out, and in my more optimistic moments hoped for one or two offers. 

I will of course only be able to take one place, which is good news for people on different waitlists. :)

Got accepted into the MA program at Tufts.

But no word from Georgia State even though they appear to have sent out all three types of responses (acceptance, rejection and waitlist) already ... Hope my application didn't get lost in the process.

16 hours ago, Establishment said:

What are your secrets, you philosophical wizard?

Perhaps the "Oxford" in the location is a partial explanation? Not that oddnumber isn't an excellent philosopher, but perhaps that explains in part why she is an excellent philosopher. 

This is a (possibly desperate) shout-out to anyone who was accepted into the Philosophy of Religion track at Chicago (in the Divinity School). First off, congrats. Secondly, if you are even remotely considering attending elsewhere, please send me a PM. I'm wait listed there and it is looking like my only shot this time around. #shamelessplea

EDIT: Also, has anyone heard anything from SLU? There were two wait lists posted last week but it's been quiet since.

Edited by axiomness

5 hours ago, Poetic Justice said:

Got accepted into the MA program at Tufts.

But no word from Georgia State even though they appear to have sent out all three types of responses (acceptance, rejection and waitlist) already ... Hope my application didn't get lost in the process.

Hey, Congrats! Tufts is my first choice and I haven't heard anything...you heard on March 1?

1 hour ago, axiomness said:

This is a (possibly desperate) shout-out to anyone who was accepted into the Philosophy of Religion track at Chicago (in the Divinity School). First off, congrats. Secondly, if you are even remotely considering attending elsewhere, please send me a PM. I'm wait listed there and it is looking like my only shot this time around. #shamelessplea

EDIT: Also, has anyone heard anything from SLU? There were two wait lists posted last week but it's been quiet since.

Based on my email exchange with Fr. Prof. Vitali, I feel pretty certain that  initial acceptances and wait lists have all been sent at SLU.

24 minutes ago, doxazein918 said:

Claiming the Columbia acceptance.  Still in shock this is like my dream place omg

Congrats! Does your email also have X's and Y's for the visit date? 

Edit: nvm--they just sent a correction email.

Edited by kantbook