2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

1 hour ago, Incregible said:

Of course I don't mind sharing! Metaphysics and mind, mostly. Also connections to normativity and epistemology.

Thanks, that is good to hear.  Those of us on the wait list were told that we are not in any particular order.  We will just be chosen based on AOI.  Since my area is mind / cognitive science, I guess I have a chance :)

16 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

Is no one going to talk about the UMass post? I'm only extremely interested.

I can claim the UMass post. I received an email from Phillip Bricker around 7:15 this evening with funding details and offer of fellowship, inviting me to visit, etc. I am very grateful. Nothing in the email gave me any indication of whether or not they had sent out all of their acceptances, or what their procedure of notifying applicants is generally. Sorry I can't be more helpful there. Best of luck to you!

36 minutes ago, philstudent1991 said:

I am also interested. There are two now. 

1 hour ago, Dialectica said:

Is no one going to talk about the UMass post? I'm only extremely interested.

When I contacted them they said I'd hear today or "friday by the latest," but I haven't heard anything. Not sure why they'd tell me I'd be hearing so soon if it was a rejection, but you never know. Anyway, either way I expect more from UMass tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Siegfried42 said:

You guys think we can expect anything more from Stanford? Not sure if the post today was another ancient, anybody want to claim it?

That one was a Kantian. Not sure if they're still sending out acceptances, though - it seems like POIs are contacting admitted applicants at their own discretion, frustratingly. 

6 hours ago, Flipflophero said:

Fair enough.

Sorry, I hate to keep someone on the wait list.  That's what I'm dealing with as well of course.

I'll message you on here as soon as I make a decision about Indiana.  Unfortunately, Columbia's prospective student event is April 7-8.  So whether I get off their wait list or not, I can't make a decision until after I visit on those dates.

9 hours ago, completeurprofile said:

It seemed pretty generic, but I was too in shock to notice. I thought they had mistaken me for somebody else. I'm still in shock, and I refuse to believe it!!! Please, nobody pinch me. Leave me be in peace.  

Do you know yet if you'd choose Princeton over Columbia?

10 hours ago, philosophe said:

When I contacted them they said I'd hear today or "friday by the latest," but I haven't heard anything. Not sure why they'd tell me I'd be hearing so soon if it was a rejection, but you never know. Anyway, either way I expect more from UMass tomorrow. 

Did you contact them anonymously or by name? 

12 hours ago, frege-bombs said:

I can claim the UMass post. I received an email from Phillip Bricker around 7:15 this evening with funding details and offer of fellowship, inviting me to visit, etc. I am very grateful. Nothing in the email gave me any indication of whether or not they had sent out all of their acceptances, or what their procedure of notifying applicants is generally. Sorry I can't be more helpful there. Best of luck to you!

Was there funding offered for the visit? 

I need opinions. I applied to all the UC's and so far have been accepted to Santa Cruz and Irvine. I know that the rest have already sent out acceptances and rejections but I haven't been contacted for either! Is anyone in the same boat as me? What could it mean, have they just not gotten around to rejecting me??