2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

Was just wait listed at Cornell! I had presumed a rejection long ago, so that was a nice surprise. Tad Brennan was vague about where I was on the wait list, though, so most likely nothing will come of it. Still nice to make it this far, though.

49 minutes ago, AmandaEvans said:

Was just wait listed at Cornell! I had presumed a rejection long ago, so that was a nice surprise. Tad Brennan was vague about where I was on the wait list, though, so most likely nothing will come of it. Still nice to make it this far, though.

Me too :) Congrats!!

1 hour ago, currentphilgrad said:

Anyone else anxiously staring at their phone hoping for a call from CUNY today or tomorrow?

yeah! idk what's happening w/ them. the gds told me they'd be finishing their ranking by the end of the week, but didn't specify when offers would go out. i'm assuming early next week, although it's getting to be so late! hopefully a surprise weekend of results... they emailed people on a sunday a year or two ago. 

8 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

Anymore info on Brandeis? I expect a rejection, but I'm also not necessarily trying to wait till the middle of March for it.

I second this. I've only seen once accepting posted on the boards

12 hours ago, Siegfried42 said:

Can anyone claim the other Michigan offers? I've seen only one claimed in here, I think. If you're out there, I'd be interested to know what your interests are/whether you plan on accepting!

Yes, I can claim one of them. My interests are metaethics, philosophy of language, and to a lesser extent, epistemology. I have no idea if I'll accept or not. I have a tough choice to make between them, Yale, and USC. I'll have a better idea after I visit at the end of March. 

11 hours ago, PossibleWorlds said:

Yes, I can claim one of them. My interests are metaethics, philosophy of language, and to a lesser extent, epistemology. I have no idea if I'll accept or not. I have a tough choice to make between them, Yale, and USC. I'll have a better idea after I visit at the end of March. 

Thanks for posting - and congrats on what looks to be an amazing cycle! I'll be visiting as well so I'm sure I'll see you then :)

On 3/12/2016 at 8:04 PM, iunoionnis said:

Got my Boston College acceptance for the unfunded M.A. It's my top choice so far, but I'm still waiting to hear back from Duquesne and Vanderbilt (hopefully for doctoral programs).

Vanderbilt's doing that shitty thing they do where they don't send out rejections until the positions have all been taken. If you haven't heard from them by now, you are neither wait-listed nor are you accepted. 

26 minutes ago, iamtheother said:

Vanderbilt's doing that shitty thing they do where they don't send out rejections until the positions have all been taken. If you haven't heard from them by now, you are neither wait-listed nor are you accepted. 

I hate schools that do that shit. What's even worse is that they usually don't tell you they're doing it unless you ask. Why not just let people know what the deal is? It's not that hard to send out a bulk email. A little information goes a long way in this shitty, shitty process.

1 hour ago, iamtheother said:

I live there. I should show up at their philosophy club and raise hell. Philosophy Ph.D. students keep dropping by the coffee shop I work at. The jealousy kills me.

6 hours ago, iunoionnis said:

I live there. I should show up at their philosophy club and raise hell. Philosophy Ph.D. students keep dropping by the coffee shop I work at. The jealousy kills me.

Just go to campus and ask.

1 hour ago, FettuccineAlfrege said:

just accepted off the UConn waitlist! 

Did they tell you you were waitlisted or did you solicit? I wrote to them a week ago but haven't received a reply so I'm wondering if I should just presume rejection at this point.