2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

3 hours ago, hot.glass said:

Yep - that would be me.

I also got an update from Syracuse.  They've decided to offer me a university fellowship.  Are you going to visit Syracuse?  I'll be there on March 29.  Any others?

2 hours ago, hot.glass said:

Thank you! Most likely not. I'll update here for sure.

Well, that's good news for me! Are you thinking Rochester, or another school? My advisor went to Rochester and loved it.

I was accepted into Florida State, Colorado State (both fully funded) and London School of Economics (my first choice, but it's not funded at all yet, but I could get a scholarship, but I won't know until July if I get a scholarship and how much it'd be for)----all for masters in philosophy. And I was accepted into the Euroculture Erasmus Mundus program and I'm in the top 5 of the waiting list to receive the scholarship (which includes about €5000 for travel, full tuition, health insurance and living expenses), that program isn't explicitly philosophy, but it'd allow me to study whatever aspect of European culture I'd want.

I was also accepted into the Peace Corps, which I'd really like to do at some point (maybe after grad school).

I'm still waiting to hear back from another Erasmus Mundus program (Global Studies), the University of Helsinki (Social and Moral philosophy), and I want to apply for an ethics program in Germany that doesn't open it's application until June (which is really annoying, because if it puts me in a really difficult position. It's one of my top choices, but by the time they'll tell me whether I've gotten in or not, I'll already be almost starting classes at whichever place I choose. I wish all universities world-wide observed the same basic deadlines).

1 hour ago, Paper Moon said:

I was accepted into Florida State, Colorado State (both fully funded) and London School of Economics (my first choice, but it's not funded at all yet, but I could get a scholarship, but I won't know until July if I get a scholarship and how much it'd be for)----all for masters in philosophy. And I was accepted into the Euroculture Erasmus Mundus program and I'm in the top 5 of the waiting list to receive the scholarship (which includes about €5000 for travel, full tuition, health insurance and living expenses), that program isn't explicitly philosophy, but it'd allow me to study whatever aspect of European culture I'd want.

I was also accepted into the Peace Corps, which I'd really like to do at some point (maybe after grad school).

I'm still waiting to hear back from another Erasmus Mundus program (Global Studies), the University of Helsinki (Social and Moral philosophy), and I want to apply for an ethics program in Germany that doesn't open it's application until June (which is really annoying, because if it puts me in a really difficult position. It's one of my top choices, but by the time they'll tell me whether I've gotten in or not, I'll already be almost starting classes at whichever place I choose. I wish all universities world-wide observed the same basic deadlines).

Congrats on all of your acceptances, @Paper Moon! I know some people who were in FSU's grad program and they have had only good things to say about it. I'm currently on the wait list at Colorado State, and they're my top choice, so if you plan on declining their offer and you can do so early, please do! :D You'd be helping me make my dream come true! Best of luck wherever you go!

Edited by Scroop

I'll make a blanket offer for anyone who got into the MA program and/or is waitlisted at FSU and isn't able to visit. Having gotten the list of visitors on Friday, I know there are several of you. If there's information you'd like from someone who is visiting, just PM me to let me know and I'll happily provide it. Specific questions would be helpful, but I can also just give general impressions.

1 hour ago, MentalEngineer said:

I'll make a blanket offer for anyone who got into the MA program and/or is waitlisted at FSU and isn't able to visit. Having gotten the list of visitors on Friday, I know there are several of you. If there's information you'd like from someone who is visiting, just PM me to let me know and I'll happily provide it. Specific questions would be helpful, but I can also just give general impressions.

I'd be interested in hearing your general impressions

I noticed that the 2016 acceptance thread has just as many views and twice as many posts as the 2015 acceptance thread. Are more people going on grad cafe these days or are we just particularly talkative this year?

13 hours ago, Scroop said:

@Thorge nice man! Where else did you apply?

Accepted to LSU and NIU

Waitlisted at CSU (no clue as to position)

Rejected from Tufts (as expected)

Have yet to hear from Milwaukee, Western Mich, and UH. 

Still waiting to hear back from St. Louis University. Apparently they had 5 offers, and they didn't inform rejections. I've solicited them once and got a vague response. I've followed up with another and have yet to hear from them.

Crossing my fingers

Still haven't heard from UConn. I'm guessing that they're waiting until their acceptances are confirmed and finalized before sending out a mass of rejections to the rest of us? 

1 hour ago, WVE said:

Still haven't heard from UConn. I'm guessing that they're waiting until their acceptances are confirmed and finalized before sending out a mass of rejections to the rest of us? 

Same. Could be a waitlist-off-the-waitlist type thing, too.

9 hours ago, WVE said:

I had the same issue until I emailed them and found out I was on the waitlist.

38 minutes ago, psm1580b said:

Accepted to the HPS program at Indiana with a year funding package! I'm beyond excited.

Boom!

(you're welcome ;))