2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

1 hour ago, abisch said:

Off the wait list and officially accepted at UNC! 

Congrats!!! Now if only you had offers from places that would help me get off of one of my wait lists... <_<

20 minutes ago, dgswaim said:

Congrats!!! Now if only you had offers from places that would help me get off of one of my wait lists... <_<

But maybe they will open up a spot for someone who can so help.

Edited by Dialectica

On 3/2/2016 at 7:25 PM, kant_get_in said:

Has anyone heard anything from the University of Washington, Seattle?  

Seattle is the last of my apps I haven't heard from. I've been wondering what the hold-up is myself.

8 minutes ago, spirograph said:

Seattle is the last of my apps I haven't heard from. I've been wondering what the hold-up is myself.

I bet you hear something by the end of the week at the latestI'd be shocked if you didn't.

The call was from the admissions chair Ishani Maitra. And, it's probably going to be between NYU, Michigan, MIT, and Berkeley. I'm visiting them before I decide.

Got into Oxford for the DPhil! No info in offer letter/email about whether I've been nominated for funding - does that mean I haven't been? I thought that they let people they've nominated for funding (eg Ertegun, Clarendon scholarships) know in the offer letters. Would be sad, since, like many, I can't and wouldn't attend without funding 

1 hour ago, sneakysombrero said:

Got into Oxford for the DPhil! No info in offer letter/email about whether I've been nominated for funding - does that mean I haven't been? I thought that they let people they've nominated for funding (eg Ertegun, Clarendon scholarships) know in the offer letters. Would be sad, since, like many, I can't and wouldn't attend without funding 

Congrats on being admitted! I received a separate email about being nominated for a scholarship right after being offered a place but I'm not sure what you should make of that since they might do it differently for the DPhil and for the different scholarships.

30 minutes ago, janeaude said:

Congrats on being admitted! I received a separate email about being nominated for a scholarship right after being offered a place but I'm not sure what you should make of that since they might do it differently for the DPhil and for the different scholarships.

Congrats to you too! I have also been accepted to the DPhil at Oxford but received no such email about scholarship nominations. Which scholarship did they say you were nominated for? I wonder whether it works differently for different scholarships.

29 minutes ago, philoguy said:

Just got word that I've been admitted to Claremont's MA program! Huge congrats to all the recent Oxford admits also btw

Awesome! Wasn't John Hick there back in the 80s and 90s?

1 hour ago, dgswaim said:

Awesome! Wasn't John Hick there back in the 80s and 90s?

Yes he was! I'm not all that familiar with his work but I do know that he was there around that time.

28 minutes ago, Incregible said:

I turned down my offer from Columbia today. I heard their waitlist was based on AOI -- so, in case it matters to anyone, I'm interested in mind/cog sci/metaphysics. Best of luck to you all! :)

Where are you planning on heading instead?

1 hour ago, Incregible said:

I turned down my offer from Columbia today. I heard their waitlist was based on AOI -- so, in case it matters to anyone, I'm interested in mind/cog sci/metaphysics. Best of luck to you all! :)

you should add this to the declining thread in case you haven't already