2016 Acceptance Thread

panpsychist

7 minutes ago, currentphilgrad said:

I saw that NYU sent out rejections today, but I didn't hear anything. Anyone else in this same boat? (and no I don't think I'm accepted at NYU. Just curious to know why I'm not rejected yet).

same, I solicited -- additional rejections are coming, it's just taking them a while :/ 

7 minutes ago, currentphilgrad said:

I saw that NYU sent out rejections today, but I didn't hear anything. Anyone else in this same boat? (and no I don't think I'm accepted at NYU. Just curious to know why I'm not rejected yet).

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

1 hour ago, Incregible said:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

1 minute ago, Another applicant said:

Me, too. Nothing from NYU yet. Maybe that just means they're batching it (since there are three of us). Though we could all be on the waitlist for the waitlist.

Sry folks. I emailed them, they're just slow on the rejection delivery.

6 minutes ago, Cogitodoncrien said:

Ok, that's good to know.  Was there any conversational implicature indicating that calls are still being made?

Nope, I didn't ask. From the complete lack of activity on here, though, it seems like they've just started to make calls. Best of luck to you!

Today, I received my first acceptance from the New School for Social Research. I got a 20% tuition waiver and eligibility to apply for the Ph.D. program upon completion. The fact that the program, to some degree, lets you "work your way up" to the Ph.D. slot is attractive to me.

I still haven't heard from Duquesne, Vanderbilt, or Boston College (I assume Newman from Seinfeld ran off with my letter). Stony Brook rejected me for Ph.D., but I am still waiting for them to get back to me about an M.A. 

I am super happy that I don't have to have a Plan B. New School was one of my top picks for M.A. programs. I will definitely be taking this offer unless offered a Ph.D. or a exceptionally generously funded M.A.

4 minutes ago, iunoionnis said:

Today, I received my first acceptance from the New School for Social Research. I got a 20% tuition waiver and eligibility to apply for the Ph.D. program upon completion. The fact that the program, to some degree, lets you "work your way up" to the Ph.D. slot is attractive to me.

I got my MA from NSSR. It is a great department with great professors, but there are a lot of dysfunctional aspects mostly stemming from the administration of the school in general that, in my opinion, warrant giving an offer some serious thought. PM me if you have any questions.

39 minutes ago, iunoionnis said:

I still haven't heard from Duquesne, Vanderbilt, or Boston College (I assume Newman from Seinfeld ran off with my letter). Stony Brook rejected me for Ph.D., but I am still waiting for them to get back to me about an M.A. 

I am super happy that I don't have to have a Plan B. New School was one of my top picks for M.A. programs. I will definitely be taking this offer unless offered a Ph.D. or a exceptionally generously funded M.A.

This is fabulous! I'm so happy for you. :lol: I've been hoping you'd hear some good news.