Who have not heard back yet?

porcorosso

13 minutes ago, Punk28 said:

Good luck, @thepinkdragon76

I haven't heard from the program at all--no interviews, no emails. I guess things are looking even more bleak than I thought. It would be nice to know, however, as this influences where else I apply for work. 

When did you apply? Have you gotten anything at all even saying your application is complete? Have you tried contacting the school?

I applied at Old Dominion. The portal shows my application as complete and submitted, and I called graduate admissions, who said that they had some results back already, but mine was not one of them. I can't help but think that they just had the acceptances ready. 

I only applied to one school. I applied last year and was rejected, but told I had a stellar application, but I had to get more work/volunteer experience. So this year I did just that, and was in contact with members of the admission committee, went to an open house and party with members of the department and program (and got the "you're basically in" kind of feedback)... I still haven't heard anything. They sent me a really vague email saying that they got a lot of good applications and I'd hear back by April 25th. I know they had another open house and accepted a bunch of people. I just dunno..
I'm trying really hard not to take it personally but it is a bummer. 

I think I'll send in an addendum if they're okay with that. The wait is killing me.

Just now, Need Coffee in an IV said:

Congrats!!

Thanks! I know it's kind of bold but I was so excited. It was the only program I applied to. I screamed when I saw the decision. I am elated!! For those still waiting, don't give up hope!!!

AHHHHHH IUPUI just responded to my email saying they never got my transcript. Deadline was Jan 15th, you think they would have told me they didn't have it by now! All my other schools got my transcript and my university confirmed the address they sent it too. I'm annoyed at IUPUI, and I wish I could get my money back. I doubt I'll be accepted and I'm not even sure I want to go there anymore. The director already stood me up once when I was suppose to have a meeting/tour about the program......

hey I am waiting and getting nervous , I applied to 4 masters programs and received one rejection and the last 3 have either "pending" or "under review". 
I have contemplated e-mailing but heard hat some schools have til april 12 deadline for those offered grants and then possibly more news would be released. 
Not even sure if this is true just read on some blogs, ahhh the first rejection stung but I am eager to know if I have any options left! 
Do I just keep waiting, or should start reaching out?
Any thoughts?

well I only applied to one school Bcuz I got a job already but love the program very much at the same time! the school website has put a timetable for the admission process and the whole thing is due at the end of April!!! I wonder if it is only the case in Canadian Universities..."April is the cruelest month" then ;) 
all I know is an acceptance, an official rejection and a notified waitlisted already...but nothing more. guess I'm at the bottom of the list, a safety candidate probably :(
I don't think it might  be that harming or impolite to reach out for the probable changed status :) unless you enjoy the hope by not being notified

Still waiting. Now three weeks outside of the stated four week response period, and on the last day of previous historic acceptances--all three of them.

I decided to tempt fate by spending my tuition money on a new (to me) car last night, and even that didn't flush out an answer. Still, now I have a car that should not catch fire spontaneously, which is something I never thought I'd have to put on my desired feature list...  

17 hours ago, Punk28 said:

Still waiting. Now three weeks outside of the stated four week response period, and on the last day of previous historic acceptances--all three of them.

I decided to tempt fate by spending my tuition money on a new (to me) car last night, and even that didn't flush out an answer. Still, now I have a car that should not catch fire spontaneously, which is something I never thought I'd have to put on my desired feature list...  

Well now you'll have a reliable car to get to class. Think positive. 

On 3/23/2016 at 11:02 AM, Need Coffee in an IV said:

AHHHHHH IUPUI just responded to my email saying they never got my transcript. Deadline was Jan 15th, you think they would have told me they didn't have it by now! All my other schools got my transcript and my university confirmed the address they sent it too. I'm annoyed at IUPUI, and I wish I could get my money back. I doubt I'll be accepted and I'm not even sure I want to go there anymore. The director already stood me up once when I was suppose to have a meeting/tour about the program......

Were you able to track the status of the transcripts online at all? The portals at the schools I applied to would list when transcripts were received. FSU would periodically send out emails to let me know what portions of the application they were still waiting on, such as specific transcripts and LORs from specific people. I definitely appreciated how they handled that and wish more schools were that communicative. That said, if you're already having trouble with the school and this is only the application/admissions process, it seems like it would be a real headache if you actually went there. I also wouldn't be impressed with the school at all for the director's actions. Speaks quite loudly for how the students are valued.

6 minutes ago, marycaryne said:

Were you able to track the status of the transcripts online at all? The portals at the schools I applied to would list when transcripts were received. FSU would periodically send out emails to let me know what portions of the application they were still waiting on, such as specific transcripts and LORs from specific people. I definitely appreciated how they handled that and wish more schools were that communicative. That said, if you're already having trouble with the school and this is only the application/admissions process, it seems like it would be a real headache if you actually went there. I also wouldn't be impressed with the school at all for the director's actions. Speaks quite loudly for how the students are valued.

I wasn't able to track them but I sent my transcripts to all my other schools at the same time and they were received. I guess that was me being naive on my part assuming that they must have got them ha. TBH, I'm going to Texas Tech. They have been wonderful and welcoming. They are also giving me funding. I just paid the fee for IUPUI so I might as well get a decision.

10 hours ago, thepinkdragon76 said:

Well now you'll have a reliable car to get to class. Think positive. 

I'm an online student. :lol:

And my last car was very reliable, until the little flames incident... Even after that it still drove--it was just a little scarier. 

On Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 5:04 AM, Rachellem said:

hey I am waiting and getting nervous , I applied to 4 masters programs and received one rejection and the last 3 have either "pending" or "under review". 
I have contemplated e-mailing but heard hat some schools have til april 12 deadline for those offered grants and then possibly more news would be released. 
Not even sure if this is true just read on some blogs, ahhh the first rejection stung but I am eager to know if I have any options left! 
Do I just keep waiting, or should start reaching out?
Any thoughts?

I guess you can reach out. After receiving waitlist email last Monday, I sent all the remaining schools emails asking about the status. While some said they are still reviewing, some others said they are done for the year. I dont think professors and staff are cruel enough to reject you just because you reached out. Most of times if not all, they are very nice and gentle. So I vote for making contacts. As long as the deadlines were more than 2 months ago. 

Edited by wishthebest
typeo

I applied to Arizona State University and 4 days back they informed that my application is currently under consideration. They will make a decision and let me know. How long does it take to make a decision for this stage. I haven't received a single acceptance till now. Please help.

My brother applied to a lot of math programs and he's only heard back from 1 (but that program really wants him and is offering him a lot of extra money if he accepts early). Where he goes will affect my decision because I've been living abroad for the last 3 years and it'd be very nice to study at the same university together (but in different fields).

We're really close and living with him wouldn't annoy me (we lived together for 16 years and got along fine), whereas sharing an apartment with someone I don't know definitely might annoy me greatly after having lived alone for so long, so pooling our resources and sharing an apartment would be attractive.

The problem is, though we applied to the same school, the philosophy department got back to me really quickly, but the math department said it will get back to him on/by 15 April, the day I need to decide by! So that's a really frustrating situation to be in. I'm trying to choose my program as if my brother's acceptance weren't a factor, but that's really hard to do, because if he is accepted and I don't choose to study near him, I know I might regret it. Also, if he's accepted to the program at the same school as I was accepted to AND the very amazing top-level program in his field in an amazing city, then I'd want him to not feel pressured to choose the same school as me. I'd rather him pick what would make him happy. I could always go visit him and, hey, I'd get a free place to stay in a great city! But right now he doesn't really know anything and so I'm having to make a decision without a vital component.

I should add that aside from having been away from my family so long, my good friend's younger brother just died and it made me really think about making sure to prioritize time with those whom I love... And then I can travel again for a PhD or a job after some years together.

Personally, aside from my brother's schools, I'm still waiting on the Erasmus Mumsus Global Studies program and the University of Helsinki.

I'm rather impatient, because I applied for these programs back in January, but they won't give us the results until April or May.

I'm having a hard time choosing where I want to go because of all of the unknown factors.

14 hours ago, sid1987 said:

I applied to Arizona State University and 4 days back they informed that my application is currently under consideration. They will make a decision and let me know. How long does it take to make a decision for this stage. I haven't received a single acceptance till now. Please help.

How fast it goes can depend on several factors... How many other applications are currently under review, how much time they have outside of other obligations to be able to review, etc. A couple days after my application was complete at Oklahoma State, portal was updated to say it was under review. About two weeks later I received an email saying that the review was complete and I would get a decision soon. Two days after that, I received a rejection. They had a very quick turnaround time. When I applied to Florida State, I received an email on February 29th stating they'd be reviewing my application that week and I would hear shortly after that. But the week after was their spring break and I got no response. I didn't receive a response after that either. I received my acceptance on March 21st, three weeks after they informed me that my application was under review. I still have yet to hea from two other schools, although I have decided on FSU (it was my top choice). Some people are still waiting on decisions from programs they applied to long before yours. Yet other schools/departments have a quick turnaround time. With your application just now under review, you could be hearing something in a week or a few weeks. Now that we are at the end of March and decision deadlines are coming up, you may hear back sooner rather than later. But it can be hard to pinpoint and it can be a really maddening time.