Who have not heard back yet?

porcorosso

7 hours ago, Kingace said:

Has anyone ever contacted a department to find out the status of their application? I am debating doing that, I've heard from all but one school which is my first choice.

I'm debating doing this because the anticipation is killing me, but I also don't want to because while I'm waiting, "yes" still remains a possibility and I can continue to hope... :unsure:

I'm going to be firing an e-mail off at the end of the month if I don't hear anything.  I am assuming it is a rejection because we are past the late Feb/early March loose feedback date they have on their website (but just barely) and no word.  It is also very late in the game if they want to attract the applicants they want, I'm not holding my breath at this point for a miracle.  Previous years on the results board have shown responses by early February for both accepts and rejects.  Although I do have options, it's still infuriating to me that my earliest deadline I am still waiting on.  I wake up every morning anxious and when I see there is no email I harumph and grumpily go make breakfast.  It sucks too since the program is in Germany, 9 hours ahead of me.  When I get up it is basically early/mid afternoon for them, so they definitely would have had a chance to send out that ListServ notification.  Even worse, I liked Germany, it was neat.

Edited by ChrisTOEFert

This is absolute torture. I know from reviewing the results page that Portland State doesn't give MSW responses until late April but checking the portal has become a nervous tick. I'm trying to keep "no news is good news" as a mantra but quickly getting to the point where I want any news, even if it's bad.

Waiting on Baylor College of Medicine, UBC and UToronto for Biochem, Immunology and Immunology respectively. It's becoming nerve-wracking.

I have no clue whether BCM is even giving out decisions yet. They did say they would start in early March but I'm getting damned anxious nevertheless.

I'm phone-interviewing with a professor each from UBC and UToronto soon. 

The department chair for the program I applied to has looked at my LinkedIn twice this week. I'm getting really nervous. I think they will be meeting next week after spring break and discussing my application. I don't know if he is gathering info for or against. I'm getting really freaked out. Lol this is driving me crazy.

I'm about to drive down to UBC and spy on the faculty of Economics to see what's taking so long for them to send the admission letters for the MA. The wait is killing me and my other offers are about to expire.

That makes me wish I had made a LinkedIn acct. I've been in touch with the professor I hope to work with. He told me at the beginning of this month that "powers that be" are determining how many spots will be available. Shouldn't they have done that already? Seems like they take their time. 

13 minutes ago, deadbeatstudent said:

That makes me wish I had made a LinkedIn acct. I've been in touch with the professor I hope to work with. He told me at the beginning of this month that "powers that be" are determining how many spots will be available. Shouldn't they have done that already? Seems like they take their time. 

I invited him to connect, not really thinking anything would come of it. He looked Sunday and yesterday. I'm glad because after he looked the first time I updated my info.

I've applied to Soil Science Master Programs and those related to it at UBC Vancouver, UC Davis, UH Hilo, UC Riverside, and UC Merced (my safety school since I went there for my undergrad).  The only thing I've heard was a rejection from UBC Vancouver with a vary generic rejection message.  Absoultely no word from the others, not even word of an interview.  I'm getting very nervous since while I check the Grad Results every day for my program to come up (hasn't seen one similar to mine with a decision yet), still freaks me out because I fear there all rejections.  Too scared to email them and potentially ruin my chances more.  Also while I have a plan B if I get rejected to all of them, it's not the best option for me needing to advance my education to get a better and more steady career going. 

I only have IUPUI left but I wish they would hurry up and either accept or reject me. I have a great deal from Texas Tech so no matter the outcome I'll be happy. If I only was accepted to Oregon I would feel differently ha. My boyfriend keeps telling me to be patient and not send any emails. He's most likely right, I just despise not knowing.

I've been trying to figure out a pattern of acceptance and rejections by day of the week but they are all over the place. I have a feeling I'm going to hear something within the next week or two just based on my knowledge of the decision process from the department. It's the graduate studies department who sends out the letters that I have no clue of their turnaround. I am just on pins and needles. Knowing that the program chair looked at my LinkedIn twice this past week; I'd expect to hear something soon. Hoping for good news.

23 hours ago, Need Coffee in an IV said:

I only have IUPUI left but I wish they would hurry up and either accept or reject me. I have a great deal from Texas Tech so no matter the outcome I'll be happy. If I only was accepted to Oregon I would feel differently ha. My boyfriend keeps telling me to be patient and not send any emails. He's most likely right, I just despise not knowing.

If you're happy with the offer from Texas Tech, are you going to/have you rejected Oregon?  It might be a good idea if you see yourself going there over Oregon, so you open up a spot for somebody on the waitlist instead of making them wait another month with no word and having another contributor to this thread hahaha.  The other way I look at is if you're happy with TT and their offer, you could always just accept!  No more torture! 

3 minutes ago, ChrisTOEFert said:

If you're happy with the offer from Texas Tech, are you going to/have you rejected Oregon?  It might be a good idea if you see yourself going there over Oregon, so you open up a spot for somebody on the waitlist instead of making them wait another month with no word and having another contributor to this thread hahaha.  The other way I look at is if you're happy with TT and their offer, you could always just accept!  No more torture! 

Yeah I'm planning on rejecting Oregon, I'm not even sure if they do have a wait list or not! And I do want to accept but I also want  to make sure that I'm not missing any opportunities. I'm going to wait until its the beginning of April to send an email and ask for a status update.

7 minutes ago, Need Coffee in an IV said:

Yeah I'm planning on rejecting Oregon, I'm not even sure if they do have a wait list or not! And I do want to accept but I also want  to make sure that I'm not missing any opportunities. I'm going to wait until its the beginning of April to send an email and ask for a status update.

That's probably a good idea unless they are giving you some sort of ungodly amount of funding and promising you the world.  It never hurts to have options, until you have to make a decision, then you just wish you only got in to one place :P

Edited by ChrisTOEFert

Just now, ChrisTOEFert said:

That's probably a good idea unless they are giving you some sort of ungodly amount of funding and promising you the world.  It never hurts to options, until you have to make a decision, then you just wish you only got in to one place :P

They are giving me some funding and I may receive more! I'm talking to my POI tomorrow and I'm waiting for the letter so I'll have more info. Luckily I don't mind making decisions, I just dislike the waiting I have to do haha. 

2/29 Submitted application (had to wait on a recommendation letter, dept knew I was applying and was waiting) 

3/1 Time stamped and forwarded to Department

3/2 Met with POI and Department Admissions Comittee Chair

3/3 Application received and under review by Department

3/7 Graduate studies email with app checklist; complete

3/8 Financial Aid FAFSA received; awards in late March

3/9 Financial Aid SAR good standing no further info req

3/12 Associate Department Chair/Program Director & Advisor looks at my LinkedIn

3/16 "^^^^^^^^^^" ; Blanket Email from program campus thanking me for my interest and encouraging me to choose them. Says I will hear from program advisor soon. 

Today: Spring break is over and I'm freaking out about what will happen next. I am actually scared. Signs point to yes, but until I have that official letter I keep developing backup plans etc. I want to beat my head on a wall right now. 

Update: March 13-19 8 viewers looked at my LinkedIn in private mode. And one today March 20th.

I think I might start hyperventilating.

Edited by thepinkdragon76
Updated

On 3/16/2016 at 6:00 PM, Kingace said:

Has anyone ever contacted a department to find out the status of their application? I am debating doing that, I've heard from all but one school which is my first choice.

Yes, I called the relevant office of grad admissions and asked for an update (got voicemail). They called me back to let me know I'm still being considered/no initial offer has been made from this poi. I did this after emailing the POI last week and not hearing back. It's been a month since the interview. 

20 hours ago, Euler said:

@thepinkdragon76 - Here's to an eventful and positive week! All the subtlety in communications without any promises is starting to feel rough for me, and it sounds like that's what your experience with that school has been as well.

It's just pure torture at this point. I hope I know somethin this week, if not, my hope will start to fade. 

6 hours ago, thepinkdragon76 said:

It's just pure torture at this point. I hope I know somethin this week, if not, my hope will start to fade. 

I feel you.  It's driving me up the wall.  The fact that I've heard only 1 from my 6 admissions so far and it was a rejection, just makes me lose hope on this whole thing.

Still nothing here. The historical data for when admits go out is very limited, but someone got in on the 20th of March in 2009, on the 23rd in 2011, the 16th in 2015, and a rejection went out on the 9th of April, 2012.

I guess worst case scenario I'll hear early in April, right before I take my comprehensives. Perrrrrrfect. I'm about ready to go sit in a corner and eat hair.  

(Dumb question, but have all of you been invited to interviews if a place was interested? Because if that's the case, I can go spend my tuition on loose women and drink now.)

Edited by Punk28

@scalebound @Punk28

The torture is terrible. I've tried to look at previous accept/reject dates but they are all over the place. For me the sad fact is that my app went in the very last minute. They were waiting for it and I was told I would hear something after spring break, but that could be April. Lol I'm driving myself crazy over here. As far as interviews, I have already had an informal interview with a POI and the Committee chair, because the the POI thought I should be applying for COE instead of IT. But my BA is in Mass Comm so I knew better. So far today only one result from KU and it was a rejection. I am trying to remain hopeful.

I take it back: there's three rejections today so far. So if today is rejection day I hope I don't hear anything!

Edited by thepinkdragon76

Good luck, @thepinkdragon76

I haven't heard from the program at all--no interviews, no emails. I guess things are looking even more bleak than I thought. It would be nice to know, however, as this influences where else I apply for work.