Who have not heard back yet?

porcorosso

11 minutes ago, PhD in English said:

Sorry Pink, I should have also mentioned that... during my application process, after the school had received all my documents, they sent me an email saying: You should hear back from the Graduate Committee within 3 to 4 weeks and that was on January 1st (from one school) and on January 7th (from another). 

Oh... my bad. Still though, I'd give it another couple weeks.

2 hours ago, PhD in English said:

Thanks a lot... I will.

Yes, I'm going to wait it out through the end of February before checking in with programs.  Judging by the results page the decisions are picking up - lots more being sent out in the last few days it seems.  Hopefully the wait won't be too much longer! 

I applied to just 3 programs, the only one I heard something from, it was to tell me that my app was completed and to expect a decision in 6 WEEKS! Ha! Way to get my hopes up when I saw the email. It's frustrating because all of them said not to contact them to inquire and THEY will contact me. This waiting is lame. One of the three I am waiting for UCLA. states that I most likely won't hear back until March/April. What total BS, since I've seen people post on the results page of their decisions or interviews from UCLA. I'm tired of waiting. :angry:

1 hour ago, Need Coffee in an IV said:

in good news, my friend got accepted into her program!! She's super excited and I'm happy she didn't get shut out. She only applied to 1 program.

That's amazing news! I bet she's totally relieved. 

Strange question. Received an email saying I was "recommended for admission", and that I should be hearing back from the graduate division soon. How long does that usually take from being recommended to hearing back, if anyone has any experience on that? 

1 hour ago, mini monkey said:

Strange question. Received an email saying I was "recommended for admission", and that I should be hearing back from the graduate division soon. How long does that usually take from being recommended to hearing back, if anyone has any experience on that? 

Congratulation! I think that you may hear back within 1-2 weeks,

1 hour ago, mini monkey said:

Yeah, as the poster said above me, you should receive an official offer letter soon. The graduate college at the school just needs to verify your eligibility to be a grad student  (3.0 GPA, received a Bachelors, etc).

12 hours ago, mini monkey said:

That's great news!  I would think you would hear very soon, like 1-2 weeks. Congrats!

5 hours ago, Need Coffee in an IV said:

I'm still checking my email even though its the weekend. It's harder since this will affect my boyfriend because he has no idea where to apply for jobs.

Though it's weekend, I have seen people posting on the result board and seeing the schools I applied to pops up is driving me insane. It's Chinese New Year this weekend. Hopefully I will get an response soon during this holiday season. This is the most "I don't care" Chinese New Year I ever had. I am not even excited for the celebration. 

44 minutes ago, WendyWonderland said:

Though it's weekend, I have seen people posting on the result board and seeing the schools I applied to pops up is driving me insane. It's Chinese New Year this weekend. Hopefully I will get an response soon during this holiday season. This is the most "I don't care" Chinese New Year I ever had. I am not even excited for the celebration. 

I've seen people posting from my schools as well. I actually haven't seen a post about museum studies so I'm not totally panicking yet! I feel the same way about the super bowl. I haven't not care about who wins in forever.

7 hours ago, Need Coffee in an IV said:

I'm still checking my email even though its the weekend. It's harder since this will affect my boyfriend because he has no idea where to apply for jobs.

I totally understand your situation... Not only my boyfriend is asking if I heard back from any school, but also his parents are inquiring now! to see where we're gonna end up! It feels so heavy :( 

1 minute ago, PhD in English said:

I totally understand your situation... Not only my boyfriend is asking if I heard back from any school, but also his parents are inquiring now! to see where we're gonna end up! It feels so heavy :( 

Yeah my boyfriend went through this process as well so he understands the timeline. Sorry it feels heavy! It felt better after he told me where he prefers to live so we will see! Does your bf have any preference? I know mine wants to end up at the lower cost of living schools. I like all of them so his opinion is the 2nd most important thing.

13 minutes ago, Need Coffee in an IV said:

Yeah my boyfriend went through this process as well so he understands the timeline. Sorry it feels heavy! It felt better after he told me where he prefers to live so we will see! Does your bf have any preference? I know mine wants to end up at the lower cost of living schools. I like all of them so his opinion is the 2nd most important thing.

I am actually thankful that he does not :). He told me he would be happy anywhere we go as long as I am happy with my choice. But I know he is feeling anxious with hands tight because he wants to apply for a job ahead of time, but we sill have no clue where exactly. The more I see people posting their schools' decisions, the more I feel the waiting is unbearable. By the way... I am eating sweets right now that I have never considered eating in my life.. are you craving for this too?! I think I need my results and a dietitian soon :P 

1 minute ago, PhD in English said:

I am actually thankful that he does not :). He told me he would be happy anywhere we go as long as I am happy with my choice. But I know he is feeling anxious with hands tight because he wants to apply for a job ahead of time, but we sill have no clue where exactly. The more I see people posting their schools' decisions, the more I feel the waiting is unbearable. By the way... I am eating sweets right now that I have never considered eating in my life.. are you craving for this too?! I think I need my results and a dietitian soon :P 

That's good! Yeah I think i'm the anxious one ha. And nope, no changes in my diet! My boyfriend is the cook so he makes me awesome food ha. I'm not much of a sweets person, my vice is bread and seafood.

1 minute ago, Need Coffee in an IV said:

That's good! Yeah I think i'm the anxious one ha. And nope, no changes in my diet! My boyfriend is the cook so he makes me awesome food ha. I'm not much of a sweets person, my vice is bread and seafood.

How nice :). Thanks for the advice... hehe. I just dropped the chocolate bar out of my hand... I have chicken in the fridge... I will aim for that. I really hope we hear soon from schools (preferably next week, I do not wanna think of March... it is too far :P)

2 hours ago, PhD in English said:

How nice :). Thanks for the advice... hehe. I just dropped the chocolate bar out of my hand... I have chicken in the fridge... I will aim for that. I really hope we hear soon from schools (preferably next week, I do not wanna think of March... it is too far :P)

Yeah it is! I'm binge watching harry potter to distract myself.