Who have not heard back yet?

porcorosso

5 minutes ago, nevermind said:

Still nothing for me too. All my programs have notified (in the past) during this week and next, so...

Yeah, all but Cornell of my applied-to programs historically gets posted between now and two and a half weeks or so.

I haven't been checking my applications' status often in the past, but I've been giving it a daily check now. Only thing I've heard so far is Drexel, and that application responded exceptionally early. I think I heard back a week after the deadline (about a month ago now).

1 hour ago, med latte said:

nada. crickets. 

it's taking all my energy to restrain myself from emailing the program and asking when decisions might be released.

Same here! In a moment of desperation this afternoon I almost made a new email address so I could ask anonymously. 

3 minutes ago, nka93 said:

Same here! In a moment of desperation this afternoon I almost made a new email address so I could ask anonymously. 

I think we're all close to this. Ughhhh. Just a few more weeks of Februgatory. We'll make it. I think

I did not panic until last night when a friend of mine called me and told me to email all the professors and institutions I've applied to after I told her I haven't received anything from any universities I applied to. And I can't sleep well last night. I am not going to class this afternoon(and I've never missed a class before). I don't even want to eat anything or watch a movie. I think I'm completely freaked out.:wacko:

I did my first interview 3 weeks ago, and the Professor who interviewed me said that he hoped to get the results within 2-3 weeks.... May be the result will be released this week, or next week...

Someone said " Waiting is happiness"... I think that it is happiness if and only if we got admitted lol. Refreshing the result page on gradcafe like crazy and read the comments to kill the time.

4 minutes ago, Jim Eric said:

I did not panic until last night when a friend of mine called me and told me to email all the professors and institutions I've applied to after I told her I haven't received anything from any universities I applied to. And I can't sleep well last night. I am not going to class this afternoon(and I've never missed a class before). I don't even want to eat anything or watch a movie. I think I'm completely freaked out.:wacko:

No, don't email anyone (with an exception maybe being the graduate school itself, not the specific program or your PI). Better to just leave that alone. I totally understand what you're going through, it isn't a great feeling. Taking time for yourself is fine. Let me suggest going out and doing something active... something you enjoy. Try and get yourself in what Dr. Csikzentmihalyi calls "flow". Get your mind off it and know that you've done everything you can do. (Wiki link)

Good luck and take a breath!

1 minute ago, rosso0125 said:

You are not alone.

I started feeling calm, and focus on my situation. I probably should get a back-up plan in case I will not get in. (maybe a job) Does anyone have a back-up plan at this point?

I work full-time, so I guess I'll just keep working.

I have a pretty solid backup plan, really. :) It's probably one reason I'm not stressing over applications as much as others are.

I still haven't heard anything yet.  At this point, I'm pretty sure I didn't get an interview, but I'm hoping it's because I met with the professors before I applied.  According to the results page, I should be hearing about a final decision between the last week of February and first week of March.  Doesn't mean I'm not going to obsessively check my e-mail!

I applied to 8 schools.  Not enough people from my field are on the site for me to have useful information about what's gong on, and I just saw 3 rejections pop up from Texas (one of my schools) today.  I got invited to an open house at Drexel, but I feel like everyone who applied did.

I wish Texas would go ahead and let me know I'm out instead of this staggered rejection crap.

3 hours ago, iloveOM said:

Cannot sleep... Today is the second Friday of Februgatory.. May be there will be some news today

I just woke up and this is all I can think of. Good luck, @iloveOM. Also, good luck to all the rest of you who haven't heard back yet. We'll make it, one way or another. 

23 minutes ago, sjoh197 said:

I don't even need an answer... just change my application portal from "received." Under review would be great. Just let me know that someone has even looked at my application at this point. 

Mine is "submitted" and "complete."

Did a morning check just now. Still the same. Ergh. One program sent out notifications for two posted acceptances a week ago, and while I assume I'm rejected, I'd like to be informed of the fact. 

2 hours ago, Neist said:

Did a morning check just now. Still the same. Ergh. One program sent out notifications for two posted acceptances a week ago, and while I assume I'm rejected, I'd like to be informed of the fact. 

Agreed. If they rejected me, I just want to know. It would be wise for me to look for jobs and explore my summer plan, but I cannot focus on those back-up plans because I have not technically been rejected from any schools so far. Still waiting to open my champagne. Hope the moment comes! 

14 minutes ago, rosso0125 said:

Agreed. If they rejected me, I just want to know. It would be wise for me to look for jobs and explore my summer plan, but I cannot focus on those back-up plans because I have not technically been rejected from any schools so far. Still waiting to open my champagne. Hope the moment comes! 

What makes it all nuttier is that all of the programs I'm applying to have fairly small applicant pools. Cornell, which probably is the most selective of all the programs I've applied to, gets ~30-40. The rest seem to be in the 10-20 range. 

If you're a history or psychology department, sending out rejection letters to all rejects is probably difficult. I understand that. But I can't imagine it's anywhere as difficult or time consuming to notify 10 people.

Edited by Neist

i am going crazy! i haven't heard anything yet either but I really feel that i'm rejected already since I haven't gotten any interview emails yet. I just wish they'd send me that heartbreaking inevitable rejection letter now instead of waiting until march. *sigh*

7 hours ago, Foreveronward said:

I just woke up and this is all I can think of. Good luck, @iloveOM. Also, good luck to all the rest of you who haven't heard back yet. We'll make it, one way or another. 

5 hours ago, sjoh197 said:

I don't even need an answer... just change my application portal from "received." Under review would be great. Just let me know that someone has even looked at my application at this point. 

4 hours ago, Neist said:

2 hours ago, rosso0125 said:

Friday last week, I received an email to ask for interview at 3:30 pm. I also received one interview at 8 pm on last Monday. So do not lose hope until the day is over.

Good luck everyone ( for me too) ! Results, pls come to us, babe :(

I haven't heard back either from any of the schools I applied to. I'm always paranoid that I might have missed something along the way and end up worrying about it, but I'm scared of sending emails to the universities in fear of bothering them, haha! I've always sent a bunch asking questions about the admission process.

I've heard nothing and just noticed that one of my schools has accepted some folks in the program I applied for... but I've heard nothing... commence freak out mode! I will now check my phone even more neurotically than I did before and refresh my email 20 times a minute instead of 10.