2016 Waitlist Thread

philosophe

9 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

To the people on the Indiana wait list: I believe I'm the last offer holder who may not accept.  If you make it off the wait list, it'll be for my spot.  Just wanted to say that I'm waiting at least until Friday afternoon to get off the Columbia wait list...

Maybe you didn't mean to state this, but it sounds as though you are indicating that everyone has accepted their offers, leaving only one spot left for admissions. Is this what you are saying? If so, then it seems a lot has changed within the last 24 hours or less.

2 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

Maybe you didn't mean to state this, but it sounds as though you are indicating that everyone has accepted their offers, leaving only one spot left for admissions. Is this what you are saying? If so, then it seems a lot has changed within the last 24 hours or less.

That's definitely not the case. I think he means he's the most likely to automatically give up his offer if he gets off the WL, whereas others (as you know) would consider the two and then decide.

6 minutes ago, philosophe said:

That's definitely not the case. I think he means he's the most likely to automatically give up his offer if he gets off the WL, whereas others (as you know) would consider the two and then decide.

That would make much more sense.

14 minutes ago, philosophe said:

Yes, this.  Sorry.

I mainly just wanted to say I'm waiting at least until Friday afternoon for my WL.

17 hours ago, dgswaim said:

@kant_get_in, have you heard from UC Davis yet? Millstein emailed me a rejection last night, and I'm just thinking it might be a good sign if you've still not heard.

I was also rejected from the wait-list yesterday. I suppose I should update my signature!

Edited by kant_get_in

I am soooooo stressed. I have been accepted by FSU and I am on the wait list at UNC. FSU wants to know by 4pm and UNC still hasn't been in touch. If UNC admits me, how am I supposed to decide in this amount of time?? 

Just now, metaphysician said:

I am soooooo stressed. I have been accepted by FSU and I am on the wait list at UNC. FSU wants to know by 4pm and UNC still hasn't been in touch. If UNC admits me, how am I supposed to decide in this amount of time?? 

I know how you feel. I'm mostly worried that I will not be provided with any sort of meaningful update by the time I've been asked to respond to my current preferred offer. 

1 minute ago, R614 said:

I know how you feel. I'm mostly worried that I will not be provided with any sort of meaningful update by the time I've been asked to respond to my current preferred offer. 

Yes, sitting here email open—landline and cell next to me .... arrggh