2016 Waitlist Thread

philosophe

Just now, R614 said:

Congrats on coming to a decision! Did you call UNC?

Yes, the person I spoke with told me to email Laurie Paul. She said it was highly unlikely I would be accepted (I was third on the wait list for one spot) and that she wouldn't know for definite until after 5. So, I just made a decision. I am delighted. 

1 minute ago, metaphysician said:

Yes, the person I spoke with told me to email Laurie Paul. She said it was highly unlikely I would be accepted (I was third on the wait list for one spot) and that she wouldn't know for definite until after 5. So, I just made a decision. I am delighted. 

That's great! Maybe I should do the same..

11 minutes ago, R614 said:

Accepted FSU's offer and removing myself from the waitlist at Syracuse and Loyola-Chicago. Rejected from Notre Dame's waitlist.

9 minutes ago, MentalEngineer said:

Party on, dudes!

Yay! Congratulations! ?

Waiting very anxiously to here some good news from Syracuse. If you are planning on declining their offer or taking yourself off the waitlist, please do so at your earliest convenience. 

Edit: @R614 Just saw your post. Thank you and congrats!

Edited by Dialectica

9 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

Waiting very anxiously to here some good news from Syracuse. If you are planning on declining their offer or taking yourself off the waitlist, please do so at your earliest convenience. 

Edit: @R614 Just saw your post. Thank you and congrats!

Thanks! I'm not sure if this helps, but I was told a few days ago that I was "somewhere around 10th" on the waitlist at Syracuse. Good luck and hope it works out for you!

Dr. Roochnik at BU emailed me earlier in the afternoon to say that the department still hasn't hear back from everyone who received an offer, so they won't be able to assess the waitlisters until the weekend / Monday. Please oh please, if you're planning on declining, do it sooner rather than later so that the rest of us can cry / celebrate promptly?

12 hours ago, bechkafish said:

Dr. Roochnik at BU emailed me earlier in the afternoon to say that the department still hasn't hear back from everyone who received an offer, so they won't be able to assess the waitlisters until the weekend / Monday. Please oh please, if you're planning on declining, do it sooner rather than later so that the rest of us can cry / celebrate promptly?

SAME! any idea how many are on the waitlist? I have a feeling i'm somewhat low on it.

17 minutes ago, SamStone said:

SAME! any idea how many are on the waitlist? I have a feeling i'm somewhat low on it.

No clue whatsoever. But from what I'm gathering, BU digs into its wait list pretty substantially every year... There's still hope! If they ever email us back, that is.

Edited by bechkafish

1 hour ago, bechkafish said:

No clue whatsoever. But from what I'm gathering, BU digs into its wait list pretty substantially every year... There's still hope! If they ever email us back, that is.

1 hour ago, SamStone said:

I just got off the WL at Notre Dame, will decline BU very soon. It is so difficult for me, because BU is a such a wonderful place with passionate people. I wish you guys all the best!

AOI: Continental (Phenomenology) & Ancient

Edited by Ofterdingen

2 hours ago, Ofterdingen said:

I just got off the WL at Notre Dame, will decline BU very soon. It is so difficult for me, because BU is a such a wonderful place with passionate people. I wish you guys all the best!

AOI: Continental (Phenomenology) & Ancient

Congrats on getting into ND!!