2016 Waitlist Thread

philosophe

1 hour ago, roundtwo said:

@dgswaim I'm currently at OU getting my MA—if you happen to get in, or want to know anything about the department, feel free to message me! 

Thanks! It's pretty unlikely that I'd accept an offer from OU at this point, but I'll let you know if I have questions!

I emailed UMD, and it looks like they haven't set a wait list yet. Their initial offers have all gone out, and they're meeting to set a ranked waiting list next week.

Edited by dgswaim

For anyone waiting on UC Davis, I found out via email this morning that it's "unlikely" at this point that they'll be moving to the waiting list to fill slots this year. Unfortunate.

44 minutes ago, dgswaim said:

For anyone waiting on UC Davis, I found out via email this morning that it's "unlikely" at this point that they'll be moving to the waiting list to fill slots this year. Unfortunate.

Hmm when they e-mailed me about a week ago they said that they couldn't make any predictions about moving on to the waiting list until 'very close to the April 15th date'. A bunch of people must have accepted their offers in the last few days. In any case, they haven't sent me any news. 

Just now, WVE said:

Hmm when they e-mailed me about a week ago they said that they couldn't make any predictions about moving on to the waiting list until 'very close to the April 15th date'. A bunch of people must have accepted their offers in the last few days. In any case, they haven't sent me any news. 

I emailed Gilmore last night to ask about waiting list size/rank, and the contents of the above reflect the contents of his email from this morning.

1 minute ago, dgswaim said:

I emailed Gilmore last night to ask about waiting list size/rank, and the contents of the above reflect the contents of his email from this morning.

Interesting. Aside from the fact that going to the waiting list is unlikely, did he say anything concrete about the size/ranking? Even if they don't move to the wait list, I'm still sort of curious...heh

2 minutes ago, WVE said:

Interesting. Aside from the fact that going to the waiting list is unlikely, did he say anything concrete about the size/ranking? Even if they don't move to the wait list, I'm still sort of curious...heh

He said it's "only roughly and tentatively" ranked. Don't know about size.

Just got waitlisted at Rutgers, email from Martin Lin, no details on position or chances or anything but they'll pay for a visit. Mixed feelings.

6 minutes ago, gughok said:

Just got waitlisted at Rutgers, email from Martin Lin, no details on position or chances or anything but they'll pay for a visit. Mixed feelings.

Cangratudolences! :):(

Edited by dgswaim

5 minutes ago, gughok said:

They wouldn't pay for a visit if you didn't have a good chance of getting in! 

54 minutes ago, gughok said:

Well done! 

I'll be rooting for you to get in come crunch time on April 15th! (somewhat self-interestedly) :P

1 hour ago, MVSCZAR said:

They wouldn't pay for a visit if you didn't have a good chance of getting in! 

Is this really true? Or are you just trying to build an optimistic take on it? Or both? Would you tell me if it wasn't true? Why am I asking so many questions? I think a waitlist is an interesting beast. It's not an answer. It's another question. It's the biggest of questions. Fascinating.

40 minutes ago, SamStone said:

Was just notified that I am on the wait-list for Columbia! As I posted on the board I have only received rejections until now...so this comes as a very pleasant surprise. 

Party! Is there any bourbon left in Jonny's office?