2016 Waitlist Thread

philosophe

Just got a waitlist notification from Fordham! Generic email to check the website. The letter in the portal included "I am writing to inform you that although the department is unable to offer you admission to the PhD in Philosophy at this time, you are a finalist on a select wait list for admission."

I was sure I was rejected, this is so exciting!

1 minute ago, jjb919 said:

Just got a waitlist notification from Fordham! Generic email to check the website. The letter in the portal included "I am writing to inform you that although the department is unable to offer you admission to the PhD in Philosophy at this time, you are a finalist on a select wait list for admission."

I was sure I was rejected, this is so exciting!

Yeah, me too. I was on the phone and reading my email and I had to tell the person to hold because I couldn't immediately figure out if I was waitlisted or rejected. 

3 minutes ago, philosophe said:

Congrats!!!! Are you looking to stay in new york? I'd love to move there. I applied to CUNY, NYU (never happening), and Columbia.

I would REALLY love to stay in NYC. I have a lot of financial reasons to want to stay, and a lot of personal reasons. Mostly, the fact that NYC is the greatest place ever. 

15 minutes ago, thomasphilosophy said:

Congrats!! Do you know if Indiana ranks its waitlist?

It seems they might. Others were notified that they were near the top; I, sadly wasn't. Though, apparently, the waitlist is smaller than years past. 

7 hours ago, FILOS said:
1 hour ago, thomasphilosophy said:

Congrats!! Do you know if Indiana ranks its waitlist?

They do, but they have a policy not to be specific... so they'll just tell you near the top or near the bottom. (p.s. sorry about the weird double quoting thing, I'm not sure how it happened or how to undo it)

37 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

I would love to. But I can't see that happening unless it's on Indiana's dime. You?

You should ask -- they said they'd cover me. Not sure if it has to do with my place on the WL, but definitely worth asking them. They seemed encouraged that i was enthusiastic. 

Edited by philosophe

20 minutes ago, philosophe said:

You should ask -- they said the'd cover me. Not sure if it has to do with my place on the WL, but definitely worth asking them. They seemed encouraged that i was enthusiastic. 

What a great opportunity for you! I suppose it's worth a shot—I'll ask.

3 hours ago, MVSCZAR said:

On a good note, you're gonna get accepted into all the schools in early April. 

I feel like at least one of these waitlists has to turn into an offer. The probability seems to be mounting.