2016 Waitlist Thread

philosophe

Did the person wait listed for Loyola-Chicago receive this: " We wanted to update you on your application to the Philosophy PhD program for the 2016 Fall Semester.  The committee is still in the process of reviewing applications and making decisions." etc.

Or did they receive something specifically stating they were on the wait list?

Thanks,

18 minutes ago, thatsjustsemantics said:

Claiming a waitlist from FSU (PhD) (e-mail last night around 9:30pm EST). No mention of how big it is, but from the looks of previous years it was 6.

Well then. Let me just change FSU to red on my signature.

2 minutes ago, philosophe said:

9am-3pm: It's too early to hear

3:pm-6pm: *eyes glued to email* 

7pm and/or weekend:  WHY. WHY DID I NOT HEAR.

It's a bit easier being overseas 
6.30am - wake up/check email
6.31am - check email again just in case
6.32am - toilet break
6.33am - restart phone in case its busted, check email
rinse/repeat

5 hours ago, iunoionnis said:

Did the person wait listed for Loyola-Chicago receive this: " We wanted to update you on your application to the Philosophy PhD program for the 2016 Fall Semester.  The committee is still in the process of reviewing applications and making decisions." etc.

Or did they receive something specifically stating they were on the wait list?

Thanks,

Hi, I can claim this. I first got a personal email from the grad program director telling me I'm on the wait list for admission and funding (I did not inquire about rank), then an automated email telling me to log in to the application system to view the decision letter (the letter basically said the same thing as the director email). 

I only applied to three schools:

Loyola Chicago - Philosophy (wait list), Northwestern - Philosophy: European Philosophy (rejected via email/website), and University of Chicago - Committee on Social Thought (haven't heard anything). 

Good luck! 

1 minute ago, blacklake said:

Hi, I can claim this. I first got a personal email from the grad program director telling me I'm on the wait list for admission and funding (I did not inquire about rank), then an automated email telling me to log in to the application system to view the decision letter (the letter basically said the same thing as the director email). 

I only applied to three schools:

Loyola Chicago - Philosophy (wait list), Northwestern - Philosophy: European Philosophy (rejected via email/website), and University of Chicago - Committee on Social Thought (haven't heard anything). 

Good luck! 

Only three schools! ballsy. Hope it works out for you! 

49 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

First official response:

Waitlisted at Syracuse.

Congratulations! I was waitlisted there, too. I'm not sure you remember talking in 2014 (MA admissions season), but we have a couple mutual friends (one at WMU and one at Missouri).