MSW2010

tem11

I applied to the Ed.M at HGSE in risk and prevention as well. I'm almost positive the emails come out next Friday! Good luck! The wait is terrible =(

Hi! Maybe we will end up in the same cohort! *says a quick prayer*

And Yes the wait is SOOOOO hard! Where did you hear about next week? I thought the firm date was on March 26th?

Congrats to everyone who has gotten their acceptance! I am still waiting on Columbia's decision. Although I submitted my application on January 15th my profile says that it was actually completed on feb 2nd. To those in waiting that may be the issue in not recieivng notification. Apparently after talking to the admissions office decisions are always posted at the end of the week . So if we don't hear today it's next week!!! On another note has anyone received interviews from hunters program?

Patiently waiting

-M

Congrats on the recent acceptances!!! I'm glad the Columbia wait is over for most of you!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a lil while longer as I continue to wait for a decision, and I totally know where you're coming from, Morad123. All of the components of my application were submitted by the Jan. 15th deadline, but it wasn't until Feb. that it was noted as complete =/

Congrats on the recent acceptances!!! I'm glad the Columbia wait is over for most of you!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a lil while longer as I continue to wait for a decision, and I totally know where you're coming from, Morad123. All of the components of my application were submitted by the Jan. 15th deadline, but it wasn't until Feb. that it was noted as complete =/

I wouldnt worry. I am sure that they are still pumping out decisions. I applied super early to every program (exceot HGSE), so my Columbia application was complete in October. From what I have heard from Columbia, they will still be sending out deicions in the weeks to come. In fact, they said that I would have to wait unto end of March or start of April before I get any info on fin aid.

Hey everyone.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am still waiting on fall 2010 decisions from my various new york schools, but I found out today that I have interview at HUNTER! Does anyone else have any information on what the process is like? Anyone else scheduled as well?

Hope all is well and good luck on decisions decisions.

-M

congratulation morad123 !! i have not heard anything from hunter. if we don't get an interview, do u know if that means we are automatically rejected??

if it helps, I read on hunter's website that the interview will be a "group discussion" . When is the group interview??

Good luck !! :)

I finally got my first letter back yesterday and was accepted to Simmons College! It was a relief to finally hear something back. Now I just have to wait for the rest. The only thing that concerns me is that they want an acceptance response with a $200 deposit by April 5th. At least 3 of the schools I have applied to have said that they will have made a decision by the end of April. I think I will call and talk to them today to see how it works if you don't get a response in by that date and also find out what they can offer me for financial aid... that will be a big deciding factor.

Another Columbia admit here! I've heard back from UNC-Chapel Hill (IN!) and have 4 more schools to go.

I'm actually thinking I'll have to turn both of these down....I really can't afford to pay so much for an MSW.

Have an interview with Berkeley and have heard....nothing from anyone else. I applied on the last day for all the programs so I know I shouldn't be complaining about the wait....but I will anyway :P Why can't they just let us know already!?!:)

I'm so glad that I came upon this forum! It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one anxiously awaiting replies! I have applied to the MSW programs at Berkeley, Portland State, University of Hawaii, NYU, Hunter, Simmons and Boston University. I applied to most very close to the deadline and have not heard back from any yet. Has anyone heard from any of these??

Good luck to all!

i also applied to psu and was waitlisted. did you hear from psu yet?

To all those still waiting it out.

So i'm still waiting for my five new York school decisions to come in. Columbia- still haven't heard although I made the January 15th deadline. Called the admissions office and said decisions are still going out. Nyu- got an email apologizing for the wait and the high number of applicants. Hunter- requested an interview. Stonybrook and fordham are still way in the distance. To all those in waiting with me in solidarity good luck!!!!!

At this point in time, I'm pretty sure I'll be attending Oxford and immigrating to England! It's a huge life move that I wasn't really expecting to do anytime soon, but I think it's for the best. I'm in touch with someone who did the same course at Oxford and is now doing a PhD at Columbia, so I'm waiting to hear back from her and get some input until I make the final decision between the two schools. It's hard to believe I'm so close to making a decision!

What about you guys? Have any of you made up your mind 100%? Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear back :).

I received acceptance letters from University of Hawaii and Simmons College in the mail and was rejected to Berkeley through email. I received an email from NYU last week apologizing for the delay. They said that they had an increased number of applicants and would notify applicants by email as soon as they have a decision. Have not heard anything yet from PSU, Hunter or BU yet.

Elbertpark - I saw on another thread that you applied to PSU's advance standing program. I didn't apply advance standing and haven't heard anything back yet. The application states that they do not make decisions until all applications have been reviewed, so I assume they must have processed the advance standing applications first. Good luck!

Congrats to everyone on your acceptances!!!! Its such an exciting time. :)

I have decided on Columbia, but will be deferring while I do a one yr masters @ Harvard. So excited!!! All the best to everyone who is still waiting.

Terri M, congrats on your decision! How does it feel? I keep thinking once I make a decision all the stress and freak out will be gone. VW

I heard back from the girl who did her master's at Oxford and went on to do a PhD at Columbia and she was able to shed a lot of light on both programs. I'm definitely going to Oxford! In a way, it's a big relief to have made a decision. But after the decision comes all the planning- immigration visas, finding an apartment, job for my husband, selling all of our stuff, canceling phone contracts, closing/opening bank accounts, etc. Granted moving out of the country is a whole different ballgame, but we weren't seriously expecting to make such a big move at this time. In short, exciting but overwhelming!

Congrats on the acceptances, everyone!

My husband and I moved to Europe in 2002, specifically London for 6 months. I was able to work through the BUNAC program. It was very interesting. It is totally doable. This was before our daughter. We traveled around Europe for a month on a under 30 bus trip. My fav part was the stop at Munich for the Octoberfest. Don't miss it! You will do fine!

I just somehow got accepted to UNC-Chapel Hill's MSW program... I'm in shock.

Hey there! I got into UNC as well. I found out in Jan and made the trip up there. It is just absolutely perfect for me. They really impressed me. I don't know how far away you are, but they are having a welcome week March 26-27. Definitely try to make it if you can. UNC is great. Congrats!