MSW2010

tem11

I just got into Smith!!! So excited... after being rejected from Hunter (I was a little surprised - I was invited to the first round of interviews, and I thought it went really well), I was secretly afraid I wouldn't get in anywhere! Is anyone here going to the Dean's Reception in early April?

Has anyone received a Financial Aid package from Smith - or WUSTL, UConn, or BU (the other schools I'm waiting to hear from)? That's going to be the deciding factor for me....

On 3/24/2010 at 7:57 PM, HeidiJB said:

I just got into Smith!!! So excited... after being rejected from Hunter (I was a little surprised - I was invited to the first round of interviews, and I thought it went really well), I was secretly afraid I wouldn't get in anywhere! Is anyone here going to the Dean's Reception in early April?

Has anyone received a Financial Aid package from Smith - or WUSTL, UConn, or BU (the other schools I'm waiting to hear from)? That's going to be the deciding factor for me....

Congrats!! I was accepted to BU last week via e-mail. They sent the Financial Aid award letter along with the acceptance letter and I was offered a 1/3 tuition scholarship. I will be BU and NYU next week to make my final decision!

Congrats to all those accepted!

I just found out I am accepted at Columbia for their 2 year msw! Very exciting, although they have not given my a financial aid package which may be a determining factor.

Still waiting on NYU and especially HUNTER!

Had my interview last tuesday and still haven't heard. Anyone know about Hunter's program? its so much cheaper!!

Congrats to all those accepted!

I just found out I am accepted at Columbia for their 2 year msw! Very exciting, although they have not given my a financial aid package which may be a determining factor.

Still waiting on NYU and especially HUNTER!

Had my interview last tuesday and still haven't heard. Anyone know about Hunter's program? its so much cheaper!!

Congratulations about Columbia! I know someone who goes there and is very satisfied with the program.

I'm also waiting to hear back from Hunter. I interviewed two Fridays ago so technically I should hear back today. I'm so nervous but hopefully it'll work out. I also applied to Fordham and should hear back from them any day now.

Hey everybody! I was wondering if anyone had heard anything from Hunter yet. I should be hearing anytime now so I was just wondering if anyone else had heard back. Please mention when your interview was and if you've heard back. Thanks and good luck to all!!!!

Okay, so I have no idea what to do now! I got into Smith, WUSTL, and BU (still waiting to hear from UIC and UConn), and I can't decide! I LOVE Chicago, the city's amazing, family's nearby, etc, but Smith has an awesome program and feels more personalized, and it's close to my friends on the East Coast. Agh! I know this is a good problem to have, but I just don't know what to do!

Finally made a decision! It feels as good as I thought it might. No fireworks, just a sense of calm and satisfaction. Now, I can focus on moving to Berkeley. Yay! My last day of work is April 15! I'm so excited to spend some time at home and relax with my family.

Anyone here get accepted into University of Michigan? I got accepted a few weeks ago...have yet to receive my acceptance package. But online they have updated my financial aid status...I noticed that I don't have anything except loans and work study. Did anyone get scholarships? I know they have scholarships you can apply for in Sept but that is not a guarantee that I'll get it. I was hoping they would just offer me something like WUSTL.

Finally made a decision! It feels as good as I thought it might. No fireworks, just a sense of calm and satisfaction. Now, I can focus on moving to Berkeley. Yay! My last day of work is April 15! I'm so excited to spend some time at home and relax with my family.

Yay! Congratulations :).

Wow, I feel like I've been waiting for my aid letter from Columbia for ages.

Seriously. Did you get their mass email a while ago that explained the reasons for the delay? Something about implementing a new online system or some nonsense. Hope you hear soon!

Anyone here get accepted into University of Michigan? I got accepted a few weeks ago...have yet to receive my acceptance package. But online they have updated my financial aid status...I noticed that I don't have anything except loans and work study. Did anyone get scholarships? I know they have scholarships you can apply for in Sept but that is not a guarantee that I'll get it. I was hoping they would just offer me something like WUSTL.

I got into Michigan and got all scholarships.I was notified in late Feb and fin aid. I applied for scholarships when I submitted my app. They prob are still considerig ppl for scholarships. All the best.

Seriously. Did you get their mass email a while ago that explained the reasons for the delay? Something about implementing a new online system or some nonsense. Hope you hear soon!

I did get it - nonsense indeed! But, alas, I still wait...

I got into Michigan and got all scholarships.I was notified in late Feb and fin aid. I applied for scholarships when I submitted my app. They prob are still considerig ppl for scholarships. All the best.

Oh my goodness! Has anyone been accepted to PSU yet? I was waitlisted at University of Washington and am waiting back from USC and PSU. I am going crazy over here, I swear I check the PSU site everyday other day..still says In Progress. Darn!

wow wow wow i just got an email from University of Washington saying I was accepted pending review from the graduate school. I keep reading and rereading the email thinking its a cruel cruel joke that someone is playing on me or maybe they sent it to the wrong person and that tomorrow or the next day, they are going to send me an email that says oops haha just kidding. I actually called the admission office but nobody picked up the phone. if this turns out to be true, i would be so grateful that someone out there believes in me. To everyone, please don't lose hope !! there is still hope, and to everyone waiting, good luck !!!

wow wow wow i just got an email from University of Washington saying I was accepted pending review from the graduate school. I keep reading and rereading the email thinking its a cruel cruel joke that someone is playing on me or maybe they sent it to the wrong person and that tomorrow or the next day, they are going to send me an email that says oops haha just kidding. I actually called the admission office but nobody picked up the phone. if this turns out to be true, i would be so grateful that someone out there believes in me. To everyone, please don't lose hope !! there is still hope, and to everyone waiting, good luck !!!

Yay! Congratulations!

congrats Kobe! I just got back from a vist to the UW! It has a gorgeous new building with skylights and lockers for your books. All your classes will be held in the building. The building is across the street from the university so you get the best of both worlds. Right nearby are awesome restaurants and cafes and access to the sprawling campus. The faculty seem very bright and warm. What is your topic or interest in social work? Also you won't need to use your car because the city has a great bus system. I stayed at the university travelodge near the university village mall. It was cheap and easy access to the campus by bus. We walked the first day, but with a three year old on my back it proved to be too uphill. private message me if you want.

thank you for all the congratulations !! I am not ready to believe this myself until I get it officially in writing. You all have definitely made this process so much easier. Congrats to everyone who have accepted for fall 2010 and to all those still waiting, don't lose faith in yourself. There is still hope out there for everyone !! good luck to everyone !!

Hey everyone...!

I am from India. I got accepted at Brown School( Washington University in St. Louis) with a $20000 for 2 years. Can anyone tell me about the RA / TA /GA opportunities if they know of any? I also got an offer from Univ of Chicago ($10000 scholarship for the 1st year). I would be going for Brown I think. Any suggestions anyone? I would be glad to have your comments.

Good luck everyone :)