IS GRE required for International Students to Canada?

Sagnik_G

Question

Hey everyone. I was just wondering, I am currently an undergrad student of Pol. Science in India. I will be applying to some Universities in Canada for my Graduate studies. My top choices are of course University of Toronto and McGill University.

I was wondering, would I need a GRE to apply for a Political Science program at either of these two Universities? If so, what sort of score would you count as 'very good'. 

While I'm at it, could someone please tell me roughly the sort of fees an international student might incur at these two places? I know they're there online but I'm seeing different figures everywhere and it's a little confusing! 

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

Most programs in Canada do not require the GRE, but there are exceptions. Since you have specific programs in mind, you should check their websites, and if you cannot find any information there, you could contact those departments.

7 hours ago, MathCat said:

Most programs in Canada do not require the GRE, but there are exceptions. Since you have specific programs in mind, you should check their websites, and if you cannot find any information there, you could contact those departments.

Thank you Math Cat. I found that Uni. of Toronto does not require a GRE for my Program, and McGill requires one for Doctoral Students, so I guess I'm okay for now! 

1 hour ago, TakeruK said:

Just a reminder to check both the department-specific requirements at the department website and the university-wide requirements at the Graduate School's website, just in case :)

I will, thank you.