33 minutes ago, Storico dellArte said:

Congratulations to all admitted candidates (and fingers crossed for all who are still waiting)! I was also accepted at Columbia. So far I have been called by my POI and have received a letter from the Department. I probably also won't be able to make it to the Open House (I'm an international student). But they certainly put a lot of effort into this event, in particular their current second years who emailed me with more details.

I also got into Yale. Any thoughts on the differences between Columbia and Yale? International student here, so totally new to the American system and both universities have, of course, a great reputation. However, it seems that Columbia requires a lot of teaching, while Yale provides better funding for less teaching. But then New Haven seems to have a lot of social tensions, and New York certainly offers endless opportunities to network within the art world. What do people think about Yale versus Columbia? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Can I ask what program you applied to?

Does anyone have insight about funding at Temple? It seems like first two years are guaranteed funding with a TAship. After that, the dept sets PhD student up with an adjunct-like arrangement for years 3 and 4....but this aspect is not guaranteed in writing. I'm super uncomfortable with this. Anyone heard anything different or have thoughts? Feel free to private message if you prefer. 

So, as acceptances trickle in, I have a question about making decisions. What kind of criteria would everyone recommend to judge various offers?

Specifically, I am lucky enough to have been accepted at two really great programs, comparably ranked (thought School A is probably slightly more prestigious than School B). If I think about the overall program and resources outside the department, School A is a better fit. However, the POI at School B is more recognized and does work more related to my area of interest. The POI at School A is great too, but potentially not as good of a match research/personality wise. 

Thoughts? Should I go with the program or the POI? 

1 hour ago, fresh2death said:

From the results search it looks like Bryn Mawr sends out paper letters regardless of decision, without any prior notice! So it might take some people longer than others to hear back??

I've read/heard conflicting accounts about Bryn Mawr's notifications. On the one hand, I've seen people receive acceptances as late as early March, without any warning. On the other, last year someone told me in early March that they had just come from a school visit with two people who were going to an admitted students day for BM (which would mean they would likely have to have been notified at least a few weeks prior). In 2015, someone was accepted WITHOUT an admitted students day.

So pretty unpredictable! :-) Oh well, just thought I'd ask. 

5 hours ago, MaytheSchwartzBeWithYou said:

I've read/heard conflicting accounts about Bryn Mawr's notifications. On the one hand, I've seen people receive acceptances as late as early March, without any warning. On the other, last year someone told me in early March that they had just come from a school visit with two people who were going to an admitted students day for BM (which would mean they would likely have to have been notified at least a few weeks prior). In 2015, someone was accepted WITHOUT an admitted students day.

So pretty unpredictable! :-) Oh well, just thought I'd ask. 

I came home to a letter saying I'm on the waitlist for Bryn Mawr! So I guess they are doing paper notifications this year for some things.

17 minutes ago, fresh2death said:

I came home to a letter saying I'm on the waitlist for Bryn Mawr! So I guess they are doing paper notifications this year for some things.

Congrats on the waitlist, and thanks for the info! :-) I'm on the West Coast (I notice you're in NC), so whatever the notification is, I'm sure I'll get it in a few days.

On 16 February 2017 at 5:42 AM, waiting1111 said:

hey guys, any courtauld applicant still waiting? heard nothing since the submission, looking at post from past year first round of result should be out by this time. Does that mean first option decision are already all out ? 

Are you talking MA or PhD? Waiting to hear back regarding PhD application myself...

To Penn admits: Congratulations! Could you please let me know whether you will attend Penn? Also, is there anyone who is waitlisted? Would you be kind enough to share your status with me? (Please PM me!) Thank you!

Edited by arthis_IB

On 18/02/2017 at 3:25 AM, karak said:

Are you talking MA or PhD? Waiting to hear back regarding PhD application myself...

Also waiting to hear back from Courtauld concerning my PhD application...did you receive an interview invitation or have you previously met with your POI ? 

21 hours ago, IKBlue said:

Also waiting to hear back from Courtauld concerning my PhD application...did you receive an interview invitation or have you previously met with your POI ? 

I had an interview for a PhD position in the last week of January and received an official offer via e-mail at the beginning of February. Maybe it depends on the supervisor when they send out acceptances, like in the MA application process? Hope everyone will receive good news soon!

Long time lurker here! I just wanted to see if anyone has any idea why Columbia has waited so long to send out PhD rejections this year. It seems like they generally notify applicants shortly after POIs start contacting accepted students, but it's been two weeks and I haven't heard a thing!

48 minutes ago, cinnamonchai said:

Has anyone heard from Williams College Grad program? sorry if someone had already asked about it, a newbie here... :) 

If you check the results board and search for Williams, it will show that the first round of acceptances usually come out within the first ten days of March. Of course, acceptances continue to trickle in as the first round of people decline, but that's the general timeframe. 

All of these good news from Columbia and Yale are freaking me out...

I applied to their MA programs in Asian Art. Is it common that we hear back from them later than the PhD decisions???

*screaming internally*

10 minutes ago, mnzxcdmn said:

All of these good news from Columbia and Yale are freaking me out...

I applied to their MA programs in Asian Art. Is it common that we hear back from them later than the PhD decisions???

*screaming internally*

I totally feel you. I've also applied to MA programs and check the emails and gradcafe daily... It seems that many schools with late December~January deadlines announce their MA admissions in March, so all I can do is waiting patiently *sob*