I feel you! I´m desperately checking my mail and... nothing. I was devastated when I saw the Results, that people have been contacted. Does anyone know if different POI may take different times to contact people?

Good Luck Popmochi, hang in there!

Has anyone heard back from UC Irvine?  It is the saddest thing but I looked yesterday to check my status and apparently I somehow forgot to send them my GRE scores so I'm actually not sure if my application will even be processed!! In any case I am planning to call them tomorrow to ask but has anyone been accepted or rejected yet? 

I finished my applications and am curious to know if anyone else is interested in technology + art. I applied intending to focus on contemporary and modern with the intention of specifically focusing on information systems + cognitive science within art and art history. 

1 hour ago, techart said:

I finished my applications and am curious to know if anyone else is interested in technology + art. I applied intending to focus on contemporary and modern with the intention of specifically focusing on information systems + cognitive science within art and art history. 

I did some work on new media art in undergrad, and while I'm not entirely sure that's what I want to solely focus on, that's part of what I want to study. (I'm torn between new media art and feminist art histories of modernism and the avant-gardes.) Did you apply to Oregon? I love Kate Mondloch's work but I'm worried about their record for job and PhD placements. I also applied to terminal masters programs, not PhDs.

6 hours ago, bnaebain said:

Anyone else realize this is the week last year that Princeton posted and is freaking out? Just me? Okay. *deep breath* 

Count me in! I am also waiting for this... But since I've got a positive feedback from another program yesterday, luckily, I am kind of less freaked out now (but still thinking about Princeton, for sure). 

Finger crossed for us. 

Hey y'all!

Used to lurk on here when I was freaking out a few years ago about the MFA - my fiance is in this pool and my thoughts have been going out to all you applicants!

Turns out Wisconsin - Madison just sent out notices. My fiance was accepted! Now we are wondering about funding for the program - anyone have specifics on what review is like this year for the program??

Again, good luck to you all!!

1 hour ago, JellybeansGalore said:

Ahhhhh!! Who got an interview for Yale?!? Congratulations! Details?

I did! The DGS sent me an email inviting me to a Skype interview this week with two faculty members not related to my field. They want to see who I am as a person.

20 minutes ago, elisewin said:

I did! The DGS sent me an email inviting me to a Skype interview this week with two faculty members not related to my field. They want to see who I am as a person.

Nice! What is your field, if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: I just noticed your mention of Japanese art yesterday. 

Edited by JellybeansGalore
Reading is fundamental

23 hours ago, igotangels said:

@techart I work at MIT and there are tons of people here interested in those topics! Have you looked into the MS in Architecture studies - History Theory and Criticism of Architecture and Art? A friend of mine is in this program and is studying modern/contemporary art history. Caroline Jones would be the main faculty member for this area at MIT.

Thank you! 

This might be a silly question, but if you haven't gotten an interview yet, does that mean you aren't being considered for a school?

On 2/3/2017 at 1:04 AM, itscontents said:

Has anyone heard back from UC Irvine?  It is the saddest thing but I looked yesterday to check my status and apparently I somehow forgot to send them my GRE scores so I'm actually not sure if my application will even be processed!! In any case I am planning to call them tomorrow to ask but has anyone been accepted or rejected yet? 

Did you end up calling? Hoping you heard some good news if so!

I am thinking UCI is already pretty far along in their admissions review process, though. As I suppose you've noticed, judging by previous years' results pages, Visual Studies tends to send out acceptances right about now. The little bit of evidence I can add to the pile is that while I haven't heard anything from the program re: decisions, I did have a Skype interview with them a couple weeks ago. I'm completely at a loss for how it went, but speaking with someone from Visual Studies def. confirmed my reasons for being excited about the program.

On 2/5/2017 at 4:13 PM, ohthehumanities said:

Did you end up calling? Hoping you heard some good news if so!

I am thinking UCI is already pretty far along in their admissions review process, though. As I suppose you've noticed, judging by previous years' results pages, Visual Studies tends to send out acceptances right about now. The little bit of evidence I can add to the pile is that while I haven't heard anything from the program re: decisions, I did have a Skype interview with them a couple weeks ago. I'm completely at a loss for how it went, but speaking with someone from Visual Studies def. confirmed my reasons for being excited about the program.

Yes I called apparently GRE did not matter for them. Grad division deals with it but not the dept so it did not affect how my application was reviewed. That being said, pretty sure if you already had an interview since I was not asked I will be rejected in time. Unless they do another round of interviews later in a second wave. I think it is an excellent option if you do get in and congrats for getting an interview! you probably have a good chance of being accepted but I dont know what their admissions process is.

Welp. I'm assuming with the four Princeton admits that went up, I'm out. That's okay though, I still haven't heard back from any schools. 

If anyone here was admitted, care to share your field/area? 

Good luck everyone! 

2 hours ago, bnaebain said:

Welp. I'm assuming with the four Princeton admits that went up, I'm out. That's okay though, I still haven't heard back from any schools. 

If anyone here was admitted, care to share your field/area? 

Good luck everyone! 

I'd like to know this as well!  Thanks, and good luck/congrats to everyone!