MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

20 minutes ago, tilde_swiñtoñ said:

I heard back from Columbia this morning. All interviews for the MFA program have been scheduled for this year. They keep all applications on file until final decisions are made so won't send out official rejections until mid- to late-March. :unsure: Guess it's time to get back in the studio and start prepping for next year. Good luck to everyone with interviews!

ok! bye dream school!

good luck everyone!

29 minutes ago, oliveoil said:

Thats great! Congratulations!! I wonder if graphic design is later — fingers crossed! 

good luck! and I see you won't have to worry too much as you've already got interviews/accepted at great schools B)

36 minutes ago, tilde_swiñtoñ said:

I heard back from Columbia this morning. All interviews for the MFA program have been scheduled for this year. They keep all applications on file until final decisions are made so won't send out official rejections until mid- to late-March. :unsure: Guess it's time to get back in the studio and start prepping for next year. Good luck to everyone with interviews!

Well...eff!  Good luck to you! 

1 hour ago, tilde_swiñtoñ said:

Thanks for sharing this. It feels good to just close the door on Columbia and move on. Yesterday I called and asked if all interview requests have been sent out and she said "we haven't finalized the process" and I said "so there's still a chance?" And she said "uhhh... I suppose so." I think that's a technicality and it's game over- vague answer because... what else can they say until decisions are final? Anyway, good luck to you, and to everybody on their applications. Stay strong everybody! This process can feel degrading but the most important thing is that we just keep making art. We will all find our way! Don't let the man get you down! 

For people that have hunter interviews already- what concentration? When were you notified? When is the interview? 

Also is there anybody here who has interviewed there before and would you be willing to share about your experience?

Edited by tunamindmelt

1 hour ago, meghanmetier said:

Just received and interview invite at Pratt!

Congratulations!! From which department? I  received my invite for an interview two days ago for painting. 

Edited by Chrisel

12 hours ago, oliveoil said:

Thats great! Congratulations!! I wonder if graphic design is later — fingers crossed! 

Also applied to the MA Visual Communication (GD) program at RCA ... haven't heard anything yet :/
On their website it says that everyone who is to be invited for an interview will hear back by Feb 17th .... tomorrow!!

Good luck! Hopefully we hear tomorrow .. 

Edited by strawberry_jam

Okay, maybe I'm being a tad bit delusional but when I logged into my TUPortal for Tyler. I noticed there was a "Masters of Fine Art" added under  "Current Program". Any Tyler applicants have this, Master Fine Art under Current Program? I'm just assuming that I didn't notice it before but wanted to make sure. Sorry if I freaked anyone out in advance, it could be that everyone has it... :(

Screenshot (10).png

23 minutes ago, Zander said:

Okay, maybe I'm being a tad bit delusional but when I logged into my TUPortal for Tyler. I noticed there was a "Masters of Fine Art" added under  "Current Program". Any Tyler applicants have this, Master Fine Art under Current Program? I'm just assuming that I didn't notice it before but wanted to make sure. Sorry if I freaked anyone out in advance, it could be that everyone has it... :(

Screenshot (10).png

I have the same thing for sculpture—I think it was there before but I could be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, sylviecerise said:

I have the same thing for sculpture—I think it was there before but I could be wrong. 

it was there before a decision was made for me too. tbh Tyler is one of my last choices especially since OSU just guaranteed my funding + stipend for a full 3 years

newgiagunn.gif

1 hour ago, peanutbutterjelly said:

New here!! 

Anyone who got invited for an interview at Columbia also receive a follow-up e-mail with further directions? 

I got invited but have not received a follow-up email with further instructions yet. When are you interviewing and for each department? And are you going in person or doing it by Skype?

5 hours ago, peanutbutterjelly said:

New here!! 

Anyone who got invited for an interview at Columbia also receive a follow-up e-mail with further directions? 

I did. I am interviewing on 28th for sculpture in person. Alex told me they'll send additional info in the coming week. I completed the CSS profile yesterday and that was all. 

12 hours ago, strawberry_jam said:

Also applied to the MA Visual Communication (GD) program at RCA ... haven't heard anything yet :/
On their website it says that everyone who is to be invited for an interview will hear back by Feb 17th .... tomorrow!!

Good luck! Hopefully we hear tomorrow .. 

Yeah! I'm so anxious! Let me know if you hear anything! Good luck!