MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

3 minutes ago, sylviecerise said:

Yikes!! I hope it works out, maybe they got your info mixed up? If you got a slideroom confirmation I would think they'd be able to see everything from their end. 

I emailed this morning too for sculpture and was told they hadn't reviewed my application yet & I should hear back in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully they're still reviewing painting too! 

Thanks, I hope so too. I sent them the confirmation number along with a screenshot. Fingers crossed!

27 minutes ago, tugbamina_871 said:

I called Columbia today and was told noone was in, and to call tomorrow.

I think new genres and sculpture interview invites have gone out but I haven't seen any for painting. Let us know if you find out anything tomorrow! ;) good luck! 

Edited by chikapea

15 hours ago, gigigigi said:

No but I'm dying!! Does anyone else know anything? Do they review all their programs at once or separately? (I applied for metals!)

I think the interview request should be sent out sometime this week.. because it says mid feb on the website.. finger crossed. Some of my friends already got the RISD offer from architecture and interior design.

42 minutes ago, EmD28 said:

I think the interview request should be sent out sometime this week.. because it says mid feb on the website.. finger crossed. Some of my friends already got the RISD offer from architecture and interior design.

Ahh! That's good / terrifying. Thank you so much!

51 minutes ago, BlCEO said:

Anyone hear anything from UCLA yet?  I think based on last year some people heard this week from some departments...

I actually called them today to figure out scheduling.

She said she couldn't give me definitive dates but phone/skype interviews should be announced the third week of February. Acceptances are typically announced mid-march which I believe is earlier than last year? 

23 hours ago, EmD28 said:

Anyone heard back from RISD? 

17 hours ago, gigigigi said:

No but I'm dying!! Does anyone else know anything? Do they review all their programs at once or separately? (I applied for metals!)

I applied for graphic design (2 year) and have an interview on the 20th! I think I got the email on the 7th

Edited by oliveoil

Congrats!!!! I applied for GD 3yrs but heard nothing back from them. Does that mean i have been rejected? I don't know exactly when they are gonna send out interview request..

FWIW, today is a state holiday for CT, IL, MO, and NY (Lincoln's bday observed). Anyone waiting for info from any schools in these states will probably get more info tomorrow or later this week. Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, oliveoil said:

I applied for graphic design (2 year) and have an interview on the 20th! I think I got the email on the 7th

Congrats!!!! I applied for GD 3yrs but heard nothing back from them. Does that mean i have been rejected? I don't know exactly when they are gonna send out interview request..

1 hour ago, sssettam said:

She said she couldn't give me definitive dates but phone/skype interviews should be announced the third week of February. Acceptances are typically announced mid-march which I believe is earlier than last year? 

oh okay yeah.  Last year I got an official rejection like mid march, so i guess if we dont hear this week, then bummer.

1 hour ago, sssettam said:

Wow that's way earlier than past years! Not complaining. What department did you apply to / did they say this applies to all departments?

3 hours ago, EmD28 said:

Thank you!! :) 

I don't think that means you've been rejected — I bet they send it out in batches! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

1 hour ago, hastr683 said:

I just got an interview request from Tulane (Photography) over e-mail. 

Congrats! I knew they would be sending out notifications this week, it being two weeks after the due date. I have not heard anything from painting. If I don't hear anything this week, then I think I know my application's fate.

First time commenting this year.

Yesterday I received an interview invitation from UCLA by email. I applied for New Genres, maybe sculpture comes soon this week as well. Interviews will be over the phone and will happen in the weekend.

Good luck everyone! Hope we all get into the programs we want this year! 

3 hours ago, MfaNewGenres said:

Yesterday I received an interview invitation from UCLA by email. I applied for New Genres, maybe sculpture comes soon this week as well. Interviews will be over the phone and will happen in the weekend.

Nice, congrats! I applied ceramics & haven't heard anything.

5 hours ago, MfaNewGenres said:

1 hour ago, Cengstro said:

Nice, congrats! I applied ceramics & haven't heard anything.

Bravo!

I applied for Painting and haven't heard anything yet either. Had a little shock moment there, but I guess our departments will let us know soon as well

6 hours ago, MfaNewGenres said:

Congratulations!!!