MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

13 minutes ago, leekrasner said:

Turns out my Tyler application wasn't synced because I changed my last name recently and they didn't group the two names together. Whew, good thing I emailed them! Apparently they're not conducting any interviews for Painting this year, and updates will be sent at the beginning of March. 

I would ask for a refund!

11 minutes ago, desertdog said:

I would ask for a refund!

Maybe I should have, but they'll still be able to review my application, and the admissions person I spoke to was very accommodating. They personally have spoken to the painting department about the situation as well gave me the department head's info so I could follow up with them too.Hope it works out. They said there are 120 applicants for 5 spots!

12 minutes ago, leekrasner said:

Maybe I should have, but they'll still be able to review my application, and the admissions person I spoke to was very accommodating. They personally have spoken to the painting department about the situation as well gave me the department head's info so I could follow up with them too.Hope it works out. They said there are 120 applicants for 5 spots!

oh I read it wrong I thought you said they weren't accepting any painting. Hopefully you still have a shot!

26 minutes ago, altiplano said:

has anyone heard anything from calarts or university of illinois at chicago?

Hi! I got an acceptance from Calarts (for 2 yr graphic design) last week. I think I might be a funny case though because I visited the school and met with faculty there back in December before applying. When I did apply they didn't ask for an interview (but I think they usually do interviews?). They have rolling admissions and told me that they look at applications in few different different rounds throughout February and March so I wouldn't worry! 

Edited by oliveoil

14 minutes ago, andandyanderson said:

Has anyone heard from UO? I'm assuming I should count myself out since their timeline said mid-jan to mid-feb for interviews, and it's solidly mid-February now and I have not heard anything.

University of Oregon? 

8 minutes ago, BlCEO said:

once I got the notification that you responded I got nervous lol.  I was like shittt, then I read it and went calm again.  

I need a drink hah.

hahaha seriously, I got an email a few hours ago that had "MFA" in the subject, heart immedietly jumped, then realized it was from SUNY Purchase to let me know their deadline is today. Didn't even apply there.