MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

10 hours ago, icw said:

Congrats! I knew they would be sending out notifications this week, it being two weeks after the due date. I have not heard anything from painting. If I don't hear anything this week, then I think I know my application's fate.

@icw Thanks! It sounds like each department selects their own finalists. I got an e-mail from the head of Photo. Good luck and hope you hear back!

4 minutes ago, desertdog said:

It's okay! Keep working there are so many schools. Plus it gives fuel to the fire to keep making.

Yep you're right! I've had a couple of interviews so far and 2 upcoming ones but I was so hoping Rutgers would work out. Oh well! Are you waiting on any other schools? 

8 minutes ago, chikapea said:

Yep you're right! I've had a couple of interviews so far and 2 upcoming ones but I was so hoping Rutgers would work out. Oh well! Are you waiting on any other schools? 

Just NYU I only applied to 2 this round. So probably won't get that either lol

Just got an email invite for an interview for MFA Painting at Pratt Institute.  Also had an interview with UT Austin in the beginning of the month.  Still waiting to hear from UCLA and VCU.  I don't see a lot of people talking much about UT Austin and Pratt, is there not as much interest in these institutions? 

On 2/14/2017 at 2:54 PM, bblox said:

Bravo!

I applied for Painting and haven't heard anything yet either. Had a little shock moment there, but I guess our departments will let us know soon as well

Thank you! 

Looking at other schools it seems like they deliver the answers not all at the same time and according to departments so you might still get good news. Good luck!

1 hour ago, desertdog said:

checked my status. Denied! Thanks Rutgers!

@desertdog where can i check rutgers result?? I logged thru https://admissionservices.rutgers.edu/graduate/ but don't see any where shows status?

Program Name Term Year School Degree Submitted Date Application Fee Express Mail Fee Application Review
Visual Arts Fall 2017 Mason Gross School of the Arts (Graduate) MFA 2016-12-16 Paid Pay Review
Edited by jbsp

1 hour ago, Chrisel said:

Just got an email invite for an interview for MFA Painting at Pratt Institute.  Also had an interview with UT Austin in the beginning of the month.  Still waiting to hear from UCLA and VCU.  I don't see a lot of people talking much about UT Austin and Pratt, is there not as much interest in these institutions? 

I had an interview with UT Austin in the beginning of the month too. I haven't heard back from them since. 

Edited by BrainDamage

24 minutes ago, jbsp said:

@desertdog where can i check rutgers result?? I logged thru https://admissionservices.rutgers.edu/graduate/ but don't see any where shows status?

Program Name Term Year School Degree Submitted Date Application Fee Express Mail Fee Application Review
Visual Arts Fall 2017 Mason Gross School of the Arts (Graduate) MFA 2016-12-16 Paid Pay Review

Im not sure?? In mine next to "submitted date" it says "decision" and under that it says "Your application has been reviewed, and the Committee has denied admission." maybe click on "review"?

4 minutes ago, desertdog said:

Im not sure?? In mine next to "submitted date" it says "decision" and under that it says "Your application has been reviewed, and the Committee has denied admission." maybe click on "review"?

@desertdog

that's so weird...was the "decision" section there all the time??

Turns out my Tyler application wasn't synced because I changed my last name recently and they didn't group the two names together. Whew, good thing I emailed them! Apparently they're not conducting any interviews for Painting this year, and updates will be sent at the beginning of March.