MFA 2017 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

thebestartistintheworld

7 minutes ago, Dirty Jersey said:

Yeah I'm such a loser for being on this forum when I'm already in the program! Anyways, I can't wait for people to be here loooool BTW for anyone out there, the rumors are correct, Tyler will only be accepting around 6 people for painting and another 5/6 for sculpture

No way! Now we got someone on the inside haha. You have any idea why they're only accepting that amount? 

18 minutes ago, leekrasner said:

No way! Now we got someone on the inside haha. You have any idea why they're only accepting that amount? 

The program is small, that's  all there is too it.  All I can say is the painting program loves painters :)

Edited by Dirty Jersey

1 minute ago, Dirty Jersey said:

The program is small, that's  all there is too it.  All I can say is the painting program loves painters :)

Thanks. Hoping they'll give me a chance. I'd love to see your work sometime! :)

@Dirty Jersey any word on when sculpture & painting will be sending out responses? Are you guys interviewing people these year? 

Now that you've outed yourself as a current student we're gonna be hounding you for insider info! :D 

edit: also did you visit my website cuz I got a hit from temple.edu hahahaha 

Edited by sylviecerise

I had my skype interview with Pratt today, it was only 10 minutes.  Except I think I might've bombed it, I ran home from work to do it and didn't take my ADHD meds so was really nervous and talked really fast and blanked a bit.  But they seemed friendly but idk ugh

2 hours ago, Dreaminghigh said:

Hey good luck with your interview, I hope it went well! I applied to Columbia and Hunter, and interviewing for both. I signed up for an interview date with Columbia but haven't received confirmation about where the interview is going take place. I am a little worried because the interview is about a week away. 

Thank you! I think that it did, and I was very impressed with some of their answers as well.   Wow! Congrats, its not easy getting interviews at Columbia and Hunter!   Im sure you will still receive the confirmation, but if you are stressing to much about it, email them and follow up. 

7 minutes ago, meghanmetier said:

I had my skype interview with Pratt today, it was only 10 minutes.  Except I think I might've bombed it, I ran home from work to do it and didn't take my ADHD meds so was really nervous and talked really fast and blanked a bit.  But they seemed friendly but idk ugh

Don't stress too much about it. I also had my interview today.  They were super friendly, and even though my interview was about 20mins, it could have easily been only 10.  They were done after about 10 minutes and then asked if I wanted to ask them something... and I had a few things I wanted to know, so we spent about 10 minutes just talking about my questions and not theirs.  It's not necessarily bad if they know that you are nervous, because it means that it's is really important to you - and that's important for them. 

2 hours ago, gigigigi said:

I've only seen graphic design acceptances! I haven't heard anything else on here / from other friends who applyed. This seems really late, right?

Yeah, I've only see Graphic Design and D+M acceptances (thanks to those posters!!). No one has even mentioned interviews from other departments... 

2 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Yeah, I've only see Graphic Design and D+M acceptances (thanks to those posters!!). No one has even mentioned interviews from other departments... 

I also apply for RISD MFA photography. I email them for update, and they told this morning me that my files are still under review by the department. 

51 minutes ago, LingX22 said:

I am waiting for MFA Studio Art at NYU. Since I submitted my application in Dec 22 2016, I literally heard nothing back from them...

Are you for painting? I know the deadline was Feb 1st and when I called they said late March early April but was hoping it was sooner!

Just now, desertdog said:

Are you for painting? I know the deadline was Feb 1st and when I called they said late March early April but was hoping it was sooner!

No, I am doing photography. However, I believe it is the same program under MFA Studio Art. In the info session, they mention that they will admit about 10-12 students each year, regardless of the medium of our practice. 

3 hours ago, sylviecerise said:

@Dirty Jersey any word on when sculpture & painting will be sending out responses? Are you guys interviewing people these year? 

Now that you've outed yourself as a current student we're gonna be hounding you for insider info! :D 

edit: also did you visit my website cuz I got a hit from temple.edu hahahaha 

Hmmmm I'm not sure why everything is so backed up.  Last year interviews were around Valentines Day and mine was actually on Valentines Day lol.  One (or two) lucky applicants should have already been accepted to Painting (and also for Sculpture).  Besides that I'm guessing both Painting and Sculpture are putting together their short list.  I would get concern if you don't hear anything in ten days.  

Yeah, that was probably me on your site, I mean I did visit loooooooooooooooool sorry

Edited by Dirty Jersey

5 hours ago, felixo said:

Unfortunately, this was the situation with my institution (UNC - Chapel Hill). My acceptance was in the form of 'You're in, sorry we've taken this long to let you know, we are still trying to figure out funding for next year which is uncertain and that is the reason for the delayed response. Usually we know by now - and we will let you know as soon as we can'

So, basically, a good call overall, with caveats as it is usually a well funded program. I do think, however, that it could be a reason that some other institutions may be uncharacteristically behind - if it happened to one, it wouldn't be surprising that it happened to others. 

Interesting, I think this might be the case for some other institutions (as you have said) this year who are normally known for being well funded- as this happened to me also with two acceptances. I wonder if some institutions are being tighter on funding as a precaution for upcoming years...

10 hours ago, Vespertine said:

Has anyone heard from RISD? I feel like I haven't seen posts about ANY department yet...

What program did you apply to? I only have news from the graphic design department! They have sent out and started interviews. They said that they should be sending out acceptances starting the week of March 6th!

6 minutes ago, oliveoil said:

What program did you apply to? I only have news from the graphic design department! They have sent out and started interviews. They said that they should be sending out acceptances starting the week of March 6th!

I applied to metals but haven't heard anything. At least there's a date for something, that's some news! Thanks for the update. 

36 minutes ago, oliveoil said:

Photo!

Congrats on the interview, hope you get good news in March! :)