HGSE 2017

aina7

3 hours ago, graciasadios said:

Current HGSE student here. Just wanted to confirm that we are being recruited for a phonathon to congratulate accepted students on March 7th @ 5:30 pm. I think it's safe to say that y'all can expect admission decisions before then! :)

thanks graciasadios! It's so reassuring to hear that we are going to find out soon! 

You find out online first (presumably Friday) and then a student in your program will call you on the 7th :). Last year we found out on March 4th which was also the first Friday.

ALSO, because I know y'all will be going crazy---last year I did not get the email notifying me to check my decision until 5:47 PM EST.  (Which is after the normal work day). I don't remember if it was available online slightly earlier (before the email was sent out), but it may have been. I think I blacked out that day and don't really remember it :D  

Edited by Vulpix

1 hour ago, Vulpix said:

You find out online first (presumably Friday) and then a student in your program will call you on the 7th :). Last year we found out on March 4th which was also the first Friday.

ALSO, because I know y'all will be going crazy---last year I did not get the email notifying me to check my decision until 5:47 PM EST.  (Which is after the normal work day). I don't remember if it was available online slightly earlier (before the email was sent out), but it may have been. I think I blacked out that day and don't really remember it :D  

Hehe with the time zone difference, that's about 4 AM for me. Going to be an interesting night ☺

You guys, I checked the online portal and it shows a receipt of a final copy of the application. Does it show anything else besides that on your online portal when you log on? Like just that the check boxes and application fee paid and a final copy of application right? Is that the same place we log on to find out our status on Friday?

Edited by goldenangel1

1 hour ago, goldenangel1 said:

You guys, I checked the online portal and it shows a receipt of a final copy of the application. Does it show anything else besides that on your online portal when you log on? Like just that the check boxes and application fee paid and a final copy of application right? Is that the same place we log on to find out our status on Friday?

Yup, that's what mine shows as well! I believe, like @vulpix mentioned, we'll receive an email along with the decision being made available online. 

11 minutes ago, Lisha said:

Yup, that's what mine shows as well! I believe, like @vulpix mentioned, we'll receive an email along with the decision being made available online. 

Thank you so much Lisha. I feel better knowing that yours show the same as well. So I guess Friday after 5pm, we will know the final result of our admissions status then. Good luck everyone!

1 hour ago, Gradhope1 said:

Agh! Can someone screenshot it for me? I see application proof, just want to make sure I'm seeing what you guys are. Anxiety is mounting! Good luck all! 

I see only the application proof as well. I've attached the screenshot for reference. I hope everyone sees the same thing? 

HGSE Application Proof.png

23 minutes ago, Supraja said:

I see only the application proof as well. I've attached the screenshot for reference. I hope everyone sees the same thing? 

HGSE Application Proof.png

Yes, this is what I can see as well.

Also, guys, some people got results from Stanford so I guess this week for results. Haven't heard anything from Stanford and I guess it's a rejection there. I really hope HGSE releases results for everyone at the same to avoid this kind of anxiety which is really awful!

You guys, I just got off the phone with admissions office. The person I spoke with said to be on the look out for an email from HGSE that will direct me to the portal with a decision. She didn't say when, but she just said in March. haha. 

How are you guys handling the anxiety? I have been so nauseous this week and can barely eat. Any tips for getting through the waiting and going about your day? :wacko: 

16 minutes ago, mg91 said:

How are you guys handling the anxiety? I have been so nauseous this week and can barely eat. Any tips for getting through the waiting and going about your day? :wacko: 

It's been really hard. Hang in there! I have found netflix watching to be a welcome distraction haha

22 minutes ago, mg91 said:

Well, I can tell you that refreshing this page and your email constantly does NOT help :\. But just like @pj060690, binging Netflix helps! Maybe try handing your phone over to someone for a bit ?  Might help with the anxiety. And deep, calming breaths :). We're almost there.

7 hours ago, mg91 said:

Try to stay busy! Hang out with friends, do things active if possible. When you're running around (literally), your brain doesn't have a chance to think about other things :) 

I can't believe it's been a year since I was accepted. It goes UNBELIEVABLY FAST.  Well, I'd say the spring/summer waiting to start goes slowly, but then this academic 9-month whirlwind... yikes. I can't believe by the time we got comfortable here we are applying for jobs and preparing to graduate. It's really a fast program.

19 hours ago, pj060690 said:

Yes, this is what I can see as well.

Also, guys, some people got results from Stanford so I guess this week for results. Haven't heard anything from Stanford and I guess it's a rejection there. I really hope HGSE releases results for everyone at the same to avoid this kind of anxiety which is really awful!

Sorry this is a bit delayed! I'm glad this is what everyone else is seeing as well, phew! A few more hour left!! I'm firmly in freak out mode, my stomach feels like its eating itself inside out. I can't put the anxiety into words!

5 minutes ago, Longhorn2014 said:

Its going to be a long day...good luck to everyone! 

Good luck to you! For us India it's already Friday evening. We're expecting results around 4 a.m., so it'll be a long, long night :\

1 minute ago, Int_EdPolicy said:

Were results posted at 5 pm EST last year or earlier (or god forbid later)?

@Vulpix posted that she got her email at 5:47 pm EST (Stalker alert, I know.), so hopefully they'll stick to that!

1 hour ago, Lisha said:

Good luck to you! For us India it's already Friday evening. We're expecting results around 4 a.m., so it'll be a long, long night :\

Good luck! I am based in Kenya so will be up all night as well! No better excuse to be up all night and binge watch the shows/movies that I have been putting off for a while now :)

13 minutes ago, Plane_Jane said:

Okay guys, hang on for one more day! Just a few more hours to go now, really. 

tumblr_m2gfw6nYTa1qdojzho1_500.gif

Best of luck to everyone. Hope to see you all there!

the office michael scott nooooo horrible bosses

Can't wait any longer!

good luck to everyone, though :)

Edited by Lisha