I completed my BS in Computer Science last year with a CGPA of 2.82. I have two publications (as co-author) at good venues. I am in the process of writing papers (as first-author) on two of my current projects, which will, unfortunately, be submitted after the current admission cycle has ended (after December). I will be taking GRE in the next month. I don't want to wait for the next year to apply and have decided to try my luck this year.
My main concern is my GPA. Most schools that I have looked at have a minimum requirement of 3.0.
Is there a realistic chance of getting accepted with my current stats, assuming I get a good GRE score? Should I apply to the schools that clearly mention a minimum GPA requirement of above 3.0?
Also, is it stupid to apply to Ph.D. programs with my current profile? Can I apply to both Masters and Ph.D. programs at the same school?
Question
rhllor
I completed my BS in Computer Science last year with a CGPA of 2.82. I have two publications (as co-author) at good venues. I am in the process of writing papers (as first-author) on two of my current projects, which will, unfortunately, be submitted after the current admission cycle has ended (after December). I will be taking GRE in the next month. I don't want to wait for the next year to apply and have decided to try my luck this year.
My main concern is my GPA. Most schools that I have looked at have a minimum requirement of 3.0.
Is there a realistic chance of getting accepted with my current stats, assuming I get a good GRE score? Should I apply to the schools that clearly mention a minimum GPA requirement of above 3.0?
Also, is it stupid to apply to Ph.D. programs with my current profile? Can I apply to both Masters and Ph.D. programs at the same school?
Edited by zaintq3 answers to this question
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now