2017 Canadian Application Thread!

On 2/24/2017 at 2:42 PM, slp_pau said:

Hi guys!! Has anyone received an email from Western or heard anything yet? 

I am a current student at Western so I can see my application status on the UWO student centre... hopefully that means an acknowledgement email is coming soon!

3 hours ago, SLPhopeful17 said:

I am a current student at Western so I can see my application status on the UWO student centre... hopefully that means an acknowledgement email is coming soon!

I thought I had read on the Western SLP page that they wouldn't be sending any offers out until April. I would love to hear sooner though, the anticipation is killing me!

Was anyone else waitlisted for the McMaster MMI? I had an email that let me know that individuals on the waitlist would hear back Feb. 28 by 11:59pm, and I still haven't heard anything. I'm on the west coast so it's now 6:38pm in ON. I think it's safe to say this is a bad sign? haha

On 2/27/2017 at 3:58 PM, SLPhopeful17 said:

Thank you!! I hope they send the email soon. 

2 hours ago, DP123 said:

Anyone still waiting for an acknowledgement e-mail from Western? 

It's already March. Kinda worried 

I haven't received anything either! 

50 minutes ago, linguistics_grad said:

Hi!!

Has anyone heard back from McGill yet?

Nothing yet!

But, I have a classmate from last year who is in her first year there. You get a phone call if you're accepted, and it should be within these next few weeks. If no phone call or email by the 15th, then you will get a rejection letter sometime between the 15th-20th.

Unless you get waitlisted, then I'm not sure if you just get a letter or email at the same time as everyone else who was rejected.

Edited by Vee_SLP

34 minutes ago, Vee_SLP said:

Nothing yet!

But, I have a classmate from last year who is in her first year there. You get a phone call if you're accepted, and it should be within these next few weeks. If no phone call or email by the 15th, then you will get a rejection letter sometime between the 15th-20th.

Unless you get waitlisted, then I'm not sure if you just get a letter or email at the same time as everyone else who was rejected.

Awesome!! Thank you. :)

3 hours ago, slp_pau said:

Thank you!! I hope they send the email soon. 

I haven't received anything either! 

I haven't gotten anything either... from Western or Toronto! Has anyone received acknowledgment from Toronto either? 

5 hours ago, SLPinthemaking said:

I haven't gotten anything either... from Western or Toronto! Has anyone received acknowledgment from Toronto either? 

Have not gotten any acknowledgement from Western for the audiology program 

9 hours ago, SLPinthemaking said:

I haven't gotten any acknowledgement from either! I wonder, do they usually send acknowledgment emails?

1 hour ago, MissSLP said:

I haven't gotten any acknowledgement from either! I wonder, do they usually send acknowledgment emails?

From the other forums, it looks like Western sent them out around the middle of February, but Toronto didn't. So it looks like we're just waiting on Western 

9 hours ago, SLPinthemaking said:

From the other forums, it looks like Western sent them out around the middle of February, but Toronto didn't. So it looks like we're just waiting on Western 

Last year I got an acknowledgement email from Western on February 16 but not this year! Since I already have a login I can see my application status as well, On April 1 at exactly 12:00am they update your status on your student centre.

29 minutes ago, Jdmac said:

Last year I got an acknowledgement email from Western on February 16 but not this year! Since I already have a login I can see my application status as well, On April 1 at exactly 12:00am they update your status on your student centre.

Hmm okay, good to know. Thank you!

Hi! I have a question for those who applied to U of A. Under the grad portal my application still says 'Pre-screening', however my friend's says her has advanced to 'Under Review'.

I'm somewhat freaking out! Can anyone else share where their application is at?

@slp_wannabe Hi there. My application has been "Under Review" since the second week of February? When my application was under "Pre-screening," that was before the administrative assistant asked for an official scanned transcript. Once I submitted that, my application went under review. If you're worried, I would e-mail the administrative assistants. They are super helpful!

1 hour ago, slp_wannabe said:

Hi! I have a question for those who applied to U of A. Under the grad portal my application still says 'Pre-screening', however my friend's says her has advanced to 'Under Review'.

I'm somewhat freaking out! Can anyone else share where their application is at?

My application status with U of A recently switched from "pre-screening" to "under review". It happened roughly two weeks ago I believe. If you're really concerned about it you could always email the department. I had some issues with one of my academic reference letters and the contact I was speaking with in their office of was fantastic!

Has anyone heard from UBC yet? I think it was around this time last year that early acceptances started going out but they also changed the reference deadline so I'm wondering if that'll affect when they send out their admissions decisions.