2017 Canadian Application Thread!

12 hours ago, SLPlease? said:

I just got a confirmation email western this afternoon. The email contained information to log into the Western portal to check my application status. Admission info. will be released on March 31.

I still haven't received my confirmation email :S

On 3/3/2017 at 11:08 AM, slp_wannabe said:

Hi! I have a question for those who applied to U of A. Under the grad portal my application still says 'Pre-screening', however my friend's says her has advanced to 'Under Review'.

I'm somewhat freaking out! Can anyone else share where their application is at?

Mine is still on the pre-screening stage as well...

On 2017-03-04 at 2:20 PM, mizuro said:

I got a call from U of A yesterday with an acceptance and funding. Hope everyone else hears back soon!

Congratulations!!  

Also, I hope everyone's McMaster interviews went well! All there is to do now is wait!

@mizuro That's awesome! Great job! Are you going to accept? Can I ask where you did your undergrad? I'm also really hoping to get into U of A, and am now compulsively checking my application status...

@theyaaz Hi there! After some debating, I'm planning to accept the offer! I'm finishing up my undergrad at UBC. I hope they call you soon! From the results in the past years, it looks like they generally give out acceptances in mid-March. Also, I think they actually send out e-mails regularly, at least that's what it looks like from the past results, so you might not need to check compulsively, but it's so hard not to! Good luck. :)

2 hours ago, WesternGradGirl said:

How did everyone find their interview at McMaster?? (Without breaking non-disclosure of course!) It's so hard to judge your own performance! 

I think it went well! I have no idea how they're going to be able to choose though everyone in my group seemed so well put together, professional and ready! 

2 hours ago, SLPhopeful17 said:

I think it went well! I have no idea how they're going to be able to choose though everyone in my group seemed so well put together, professional and ready! 

I also think mine went okay, but it's so hard to tell! They gave very little feedback, I thought. It's also crazy because it still depends on where you are in the 125 grade wise - if you're on the lower end, it does put you at a disadvantage. And i can't believe they're only accepting 28. I hope everyone else's went well!! I'm kind of hoping they will tell us before April 1st just cause they sent out the interviews a little early but I think that's just wishful thinking. 

We (myself and two of my classmates) have received an email for an interview (MMI) at UOttawa. They are for next week! Omg, I can't believe this is happening, and now to prep!

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎04 at 11:20 AM, mizuro said:

I got a call from U of A yesterday with an acceptance and funding. Hope everyone else hears back soon!

Just out of curiosity, did your status change on the UofA portal after, or around the time that you received the call?

16 hours ago, Vee_SLP said:

We (myself and two of my classmates) have received an email for an interview (MMI) at UOttawa. They are for next week! Omg, I can't believe this is happening, and now to prep!

I got one interview for the audiology program at UOttawa. Stressed about the MMI as well

Hi there, 

Has anyone heard anything from Dalhousie University? 

Also, on my DalOnline account next to decision it says "Written Notification to Follow" 

what does that mean? 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

3 hours ago, slpslpslpbc said:

Hi there, 

Also, on my DalOnline account next to decision it says "Written Notification to Follow" 

what does that mean? 

I got an email confirming that they got my application but nothing else so far. Based on past years I think we should hear by Monday.

Has anyone heard anything from McGill? From what I can tell they should have started making calls yesterday. But maybe it'll be next week. 

6 hours ago, slpslpslpbc said:

Hi there, 

what does that mean? 

I read somewhere on the website that they'd be sending out notifications by mail... I'm not sure if they meant email or snail mail but the date was super late and vague. So it's hard to say. As far as I know they still haven't even gotten my GRE scores which I had sent AGAIN. They assured me in emails that they'd email me when they were found/received but I still haven't heard anything... I'm worried they're going to send out the acceptances and I'll be forever wondering if I didn't get in because they didn't get these stupid scores... =_=

3 hours ago, ihpmpsdcdrr said:

I got an email confirming that they got my application but nothing else so far. Based on past years I think we should hear by Monday.

Has anyone heard anything from McGill? From what I can tell they should have started making calls yesterday. But maybe it'll be next week. 

How do you know they started making calls?