Cal State Universities MSW Applicants Thread

BackNSchool83

41 minutes ago, fanzzublay said:

I just checked my portal and saw I was accepted to SJSU! No email yet so check your account if you're waiting. 

Congrats! Finally they give an answer huh? When did you apply? What concentration? Are u gonna go to SJSU? We need more details, haha! But seriously, that is awesome! Bask in the awesomeness!

What area on your portal was it in? Was it on Okta or admissionspro?

Edited by meltoid

1 hour ago, meltoid said:

Congrats! Finally they give an answer huh? When did you apply? What concentration? Are u gonna go to SJSU? We need more details, haha! But seriously, that is awesome! Bask in the awesomeness!

What area on your portal was it in? Was it on Okta or admissionspro?

Thanks! :) It was on my MySJSU page (the oracle/peoplesoft one). I submitted on Jan 5 for the 2 year Health/Mental Health concentration. I think I am actually going to go to SDSU, so there's at least one spot opening up haha. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 9:34 PM, fanzzublay said:

Thanks! :) It was on my MySJSU page (the oracle/peoplesoft one). I submitted on Jan 5 for the 2 year Health/Mental Health concentration. I think I am actually going to go to SDSU, so there's at least one spot opening up haha. 

Just curious, why SDSU over SJSU?

On 3/21/2017 at 2:39 PM, Bflor said:

Hello everyone, 

I also recently received an acceptance  letter from CSULA  and I am so excited!! However,  I am still waiting to hear back from CSULB. I submitted my application on January 13th and I am anxiously waiting for a response... 

Wish all of you the best :)

Are you going to the meet and greet today? :)

3 hours ago, rmeza said:

@MSWfall2017 hello, i recently got an acceptance offer from LB after being put on the waitlist. Hopefully good news for you as well

@rmeza Congrats!! Have they told you anything about an orientation? Thank yoyyou, I hope so! I havent heard anything at all yet

On 5/5/2017 at 1:35 PM, MSWfall2017 said:

Is anyone going to the CSULA MSW meet & greet today?

So far I've been accepted to CSULA, CSUF, and CSUSM. I'm still waiting on Long Beach. Has anyone else heard from them?

I just heard from Long beach yesterday and was accepted into the 3 year program. 

Good luck !

21 hours ago, sjimenez67 said:

@Bflor hey! Congrats on Long Beach! Would you mind sharing your stats? And when you submitted? Thank you.

Yeah I don't mind.  I graduated from Cal Poly pomona with a 3.62 gpa and my major was psychology. I was vice president of a psychology club for one year. I was also a research assistant for a year and a half. I volunteered at a hospice facility for a year and a half and also worked with autistic children for about a year and tutored children for 8 months. That's about it. Also, I submitted my application on January 13th and heard back from the school on May 7th. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and best of luck !

And thank you:) 

On 5/5/2017 at 3:18 PM, rmeza said:

@MSWfall2017 hello, i recently got an acceptance offer from LB after being put on the waitlist. Hopefully good news for you as well

Congrats!! :) I hope so! Im getting a little discouraged

Edited by MSWfall2017

Hello All,

I have a quick question....I interviewed yesterday at CSUF for their full time program.

Did you guys send a thank you card or thank you email?

I usually mail cards but wonder if it will take too long to receive?

Hi! I just found this thread today. I was wondering if anyone applied to CSUEB has heard back yet? I know they are sending admission letters through the mail, because they want it to be more person. But I literally live down the street from campus and haven't gotten anything. The suspense is killing me!

10 hours ago, steph-vie said:

Hi! I just found this thread today. I was wondering if anyone applied to CSUEB has heard back yet? I know they are sending admission letters through the mail, because they want it to be more person. But I literally live down the street from campus and haven't gotten anything. The suspense is killing me!

I've heard nothing! My coworker (who also applied) and I have called their office multiple times and have been given a variety of answers. While we've been told to wait for a letter between now and mid-June, another lady had also mentioned that they separated applicants into two groups (Group A vs. Group B ). She stated that they sent out letters to Group A and are waiting for people to accept before sending out Group B letters, and Group B people could be waiting for as long as the first week of the new school year before hearing anything. 

6 hours ago, Southerngrl42 said:

I've heard nothing! My coworker (who also applied) and I have called their office multiple times and have been given a variety of answers. While we've been told to wait for a letter between now and mid-June, another lady had also mentioned that they separated applicants into two groups (Group A vs. Group B ). She stated that they sent out letters to Group A and are waiting for people to accept before sending out Group B letters, and Group B people could be waiting for as long as the first week of the new school year before hearing anything. 

I got accepted via mail to CSUEB! The letter was dated May 19 and I got it on May 23rd. They gave me 2 weeks to accept or decline their offer so maybe you guys will hear back after that period. 

@Southerngrl42 Ahhh, this is the worst waiting process ever. If Group A was given two weeks to accept or decline their offer, how would there be people waiting that fair into the year? I will call them if I don't get anything by the last day of May to ask and report back to the thread!

@sophia09791 Congratulations!! That information actually helps a lot and gives us a better time frame of when our group can expect letters. Thanks!