Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

13 hours ago, VMcJ said:

I emailed their Graduate Coordinator last week and she said all applicants would know their final decision in the next weeks. If so, a little bit better than last cycle when they accepted people out of the waitlist after April 15, as someone told us here several days ago.

No, they did not accept anyone after April 15 last year; I stated that someone got accepted on April 15, after being notified much earlier that they were on the waitlist. As for the strange behavior, there is a different director of admissions this year, after several years of the previous one, so that could very well be the cause, although I'm obviously not certain. 

Edited by PizzaCat93

12 minutes ago, PizzaCat93 said:

No, they did not accept anyone after April 15 last year; I stated that someone got accepted on April 15, after being notified much earlier that they were on the waitlist. As for the strange behavior, there is a different director of admissions this year, after several years of the previous one, so that could very well be the cause, although I'm obviously not certain. 

Thanks for the information. Can we expect that there will be more offers or waitlist decisions?

1 hour ago, PizzaCat93 said:

Sorry for my misunderstanding and thanks for correcting me. :)

55 minutes ago, nate3869 said:

Anyone care to claim the Harvard acceptances?

46 minutes ago, Bibica said:

@nate3869, I would love to claim one of the Harvard acceptances, but they would need to send me one first :P Until it's been confirmed here, I'm sticking with the trolly-troll hypothesis. 

I've seen this kind of exchange a lot on this thread this cycle. Claim what Harvard acceptances? And who's trolling? Is there another site that people are checking for admission rumors?

2 minutes ago, Bibica said:

@AsymptoticallyUnbiased Here you go, my friend. This is the source of our obsessions. 

Wow. I feel like it's almost a blessing that I discovered that page this late in the cycle. I'm positive that I'd be a 10x larger ball of anxiety if I knew about it earlier.

Edited by AsymptoticallyUnbiased

1 hour ago, Bibica said:

I wish I'd never found the results page. My SO also hates that I am constantly refreshing it, even on weekends lol.

Mine too - he told me if I came home from work one more time and talked about grad cafe or spent the entire night refreshing grad cafe he was going to have to leave me hahaha

6 minutes ago, StrengthandHonor said:

If the past years are any indication, we should be receiving rejections from Chicago in the next few days. I'd appreciate some closure, at least!

Yeah and perhaps an extra admit or two.

Just now, Comparativist said:

Drag what out? Harvard is almost always early March.

Weeks ago a source told me decisions would come out yesterday or today. That's the timeline I was referring too. 

Happy the source turned out to be reliable and I didn't mislead you all. :-P