Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

7 minutes ago, Bibica said:

@resDQ, same. Have to say I'm extremely disappointed, I thought it was my best fit. Now have to navigate the great options I do have, but I hope the rejection emails come soon. Having to wait so long definitely led me to idealize the school.

@Bibica, if my experience should mean anything, is that after all is said and all is done, and you have options, gradually one tends to forget one's idealizations and focus in finding the best fit among those that remain. I'm afraid your decision will be much more difficult than mine, and mine is difficult enough, I think, but is getting easier and easier on a daily basis and I kind of already forgot I preferred school X or Y or Z. One can say this is like an accomodation of sorts, but I think I am far more excited about my future studies than I've ever been, now that I know where I can go if I wish so.

Edited by VMcJ

25 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

@Bibica, if my experience should mean anything, is that after all is said and all is done, and you have options, gradually one tends to forget one's idealizations and focus in finding the best fit among those that remain. I'm afraid your decision will be much more difficult than mine, and mine is difficult enough, I think, but is getting easier and easier on a daily basis and I kind of already forgot I preferred school X or Y or Z. One can say this is like an accomodation of sorts, but I think I am far more excited about my future studies than I've ever been, now that I know where I can go if I wish so.

I totally agree with this.

A few months ago, one of the schools that has since rejected me was in my personal, mental top 3. Now that just sounds ridiculous to me. :-P

Edited by oakeshott

Chiming in with a brief PSA: If news/lack thereof from the big H has ended your cycle, it's time to make your way over to the results thread! It's still a bit lonely in there at the moment. Thanks, and congratulations/condolences to all.

I'm still waiting on three results. If my predictions hold true (Rejections: MSU & Georgetown, Acceptance: CUNY) then I'll have a "simple" choice with just two options. With that said, I'm entirely ready for the waiting to end and the decision making to begin.

Congrats to those who got Harvard today and condolences to those who didn't, hopefully we all have something good to look forward to in the results we do have.

4 hours ago, oakeshott said:

I totally agree with this.

A few months ago, one of the schools that has since rejected me was in my personal, mental top 3. Now that just sounds ridiculous to me. :-P

ditto on that.  With the Penn State rejection I received today, my cycle is officially over (even though technically it was last Friday when I accepted an offer).  Unfortunately I can't edit my post on the results thread, but, no biggie.  

Still waiting for my first offer, with my U.S. apps presumably being unsuccessful. Though I can't claim the LSE offer, I can vouch for it as I know the person who got it. Both of us had interviews in London last week and currently do a Masters' course at a good UK school.

9 minutes ago, HermioneWannabe said:

Did someone here say they already accepted their Columbia offer?  I thought someone did, but I can't find it.

I think @Monody did.

Anyone accepted at Indiana or Chapel Hill thinking about going elsewhere? I'm wait listed at both and want to get a sense of what my chances are. 

3 minutes ago, yousowildrach said:

I know the acceptance letter said they would inform us around the end of February. I don't want to be a bother by shooting an email.  

BFB said the end of February would be likely, so I'm expecting it soon. Just wasn't sure if the info came out and I wasn't yet aware.