Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

16 hours ago, StrengthandHonor said:

Those without answers are on the waitlist. In past cycles, UVA has made waitlist offers up until April 15th. 

I just received rejection via email so I think if you haven't heard anything, it's a good thing~ :) 

4 hours ago, Anxiously Awaiting said:

Is anyone planning on UCSD? I'm hoping to learn a bit more about the strength of the program and the University overall.

Best way to learn about any program is to attend the Open House/Recruitment Event, talk with faculty and grads, and learn more about methods training. This is a big decision. I wouldn't take anyones advice on the quality of a grad program from places like gradcafe or PSR. Unless you are sitting in a hospital in a coma (dramatic example) or living abroad, there is no excuse to not visit the school prior to making decision. 

8 hours ago, Historiaeros said:

Anyone on the wait list of Boston College? Sigh. Another month of waiting...

Hi. Did you receive your notice from postal mail or online? I still have got my results now. But I think it is probably a rejection.

I just wanted to make a post again here... if you've been accepted to Ohio State and don't intend to attend, please let them know as soon as possible. I've been waitlisted for funding and would very much like to go there.

(I am also waiting to hear from Georgetown, still.)

On 3/17/2017 at 8:05 PM, Wongs said:

GWU rejected from Waitlist

Same. Not too bothered by - it would have been a good fit but I had already written it off as a rejection. 

On 3/17/2017 at 8:19 PM, stella2016 said:

Hi. Did you receive your notice from postal mail or online? I still have got my results now. But I think it is probably a rejection.

Hi Stella2016! I tried to leave you a message and reply you during the weekend, but this website seemed not working. I contacted the DGS at Boston College on March 9th, and he replied me next day that I was rejected from Ph.D. program but accepted in MA program. Also, he also told me I had an option to put myself on the waitlist if I do not want to come to their MA program. I did receive a mail from Boston college with the MA admission letter last Wednesday. That is my story. Wish you best luck!

39 minutes ago, Historiaeros said:

For the possibility of getting off two waitlists.

I'm in a similar situation. Waiting on some waitlists to clear up before making any final decisions. Just a few weeks left and then it'll all be over!

On Tue Mar 21 2017 at 1:42 AM, Historiaeros said:

Hi Stella2016! I tried to leave you a message and reply you during the weekend, but this website seemed not working. I contacted the DGS at Boston College on March 9th, and he replied me next day that I was rejected from Ph.D. program but accepted in MA program. Also, he also told me I had an option to put myself on the waitlist if I do not want to come to their MA program. I did receive a mail from Boston college with the MA admission letter last Wednesday. That is my story. Wish you best luck!

Thank you! 

4 hours ago, territhemayor said:

So I have yet to hear anything at all from Notre Dame. Anyone received an official rejection from them yet? I want my hundred bucks back! 

I received my rejection last Friday.

5 hours ago, territhemayor said:

So I have yet to hear anything at all from Notre Dame. Anyone received an official rejection from them yet? I want my hundred bucks back! 

I know a guy (theory) who received a formal rejection on Friday as well. 

I, as of yet, still have no news from them. I'm happy enough with my other options with but I'm not finalizing anything until I hear back--I wish ND would administer the coup de grâce promptly!