Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

1 hour ago, tkid86 said:

BFB said the end of February would be likely, so I'm expecting it soon. Just wasn't sure if the info came out and I wasn't yet aware.

I'm on the same boat. It probably will come this week.

36 minutes ago, StrengthandHonor said:

I, too, am waiting for ND--theory. 

Yeah, what's up with ND? I also applied to the Kroc Institute, polisci track... haven't heard anything. At this point, I'm waiting on people formalizing their rejection. Would be nice just to hear something at this point, so I could feel like this is "wrapped up" and move on.

25 minutes ago, jge said:

I'll be accepting my offer at Columbia too, but I wont be at the visit day. D:

jeez. Am I the only one visiting programs before making a decision? :(

14 minutes ago, resDQ said:

jeez. Am I the only one visiting programs before making a decision? :(

Well my case was sort of different because all directions pointed to Columbia. (I'm from NY, better funding, and I visited some of my schools in the past so I met grad students and some faculty already). Visits are important! I actually was at Columbia today. Definitely dont choose the school before seeing it I feel unless there are some extenuating circumstances. 

TL;DR: It's all good, don't feel any rush to make a choice.

@ZJxk congrats! Are you going to accept? Could you share funding details and your area? Did you receive an email or checked the portal? I've been told I'm on the waitlist (Comparative/Asia) but through an informal email. Thanks!

@_Dreamer_ Thank you! At the moment I'm trying to decide between it and another program, but I'll be sure not to wait around if I decide to go elsewhere. Sure, I'm the first result on the results page http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=Political+Science+UBC The initial email I received was from the department and more formal updates followed. If it helps, I only have till mid-March to respond, so maybe there's another round? Good luck!