Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

1 hour ago, cydxb said:

Re ND. I just spoke to a friend there who said that the process hasn't finished and different sub-fields are running at different speeds. (I see a new ND offer was posted on the results page, suggests there's some truth to what I was told.)

Good to know, thanks! 

33 minutes ago, Mike_Novick said:

Yeah, Brown's rejection letter seems polited now ... At this moment I'm kinda anesthetized with all these rejections, so I laughted when I first read JHU's "tweet".

Right there with you. 'tis only a slight scratch on an already gaping wound. We can only assume a more thorough letter is on its way, I believe in years past they snail mailed an actual letter of rejection.

Edited by magicdonhuang

Well, another week has passed with no more verdicts from my schools.

So far, 2a / 1w / 1r / 5p. 

Are any of the rest of you slowly going crazy? I'm just keeping myself busy with a conference paper I'm writing. I've got a couple of good options, but I'd certainly like to hear from the rest of those schools so I have some clue. 

8 hours ago, StrengthandHonor said:

Well, another week has passed with no more verdicts from my schools.

So far, 2a / 1w / 1r / 5p. 

Are any of the rest of you slowly going crazy? I'm just keeping myself busy with a conference paper I'm writing. I've got a couple of good options, but I'd certainly like to hear from the rest of those schools so I have some clue. 

I'm in the same boat with a number of schools.... plus, Northwestern is still teasing me with silence.

I'm also waiting to hear from 5 schools, but as I don't expect any acceptances anymore I don't care that much. I'd like some closure, of course, but probably won't get all my responses until mid-March...

19 hours ago, Mike_Novick said:

Yeah, Brown's rejection letter seems polited now ... At this moment I'm kinda anesthetized with all these rejections, so I laughted when I first read JHU's "tweet".

You really seemed to draw a lot of negative attention this cycle. :P  Hope the acceptances you get are just as nice as the rejections are nasty. :)

Yesterday I pulled the trigger on UGA, so I'm officially done and dusted.  Received an email from one of my POIs that was very persuasive, so that sort of kicked me off the fence.  I needed to get this wrapped up anyway so I can get on with finishing my M.A. on time.

I sent Indiana a note to take me off the waiting list, so hopefully someone else can have the spot if one opens up.

19 minutes ago, Mike_Novick said:

Just to let you know, Penn's letters (at least the rejection ones) are now available at their application portal (sorry if this was posted before).

Thanks for warning us about that, didn't get any email from them informing that decisions were issued. Nice letter of rejection. Now only four remain for me.

15 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

Thanks for warning us about that, didn't get any email from them informing that decisions were issued. Nice letter of rejection. Now only four remain for me.

Yeah, I didn't receive any messages from them as well. For me, it's Harvard, Oxford, LSE or bust.

Is anybody else waiting to hear from Syracuse? I sent an email to the graduate school on Thursday inquiring about when results might be sent out, but I haven't heard anything yet. 

5 hours ago, Mike_Novick said:

Yeah, I didn't receive any messages from them as well. For me, it's Harvard, Oxford, LSE or bust.

Is it weird that they didn't send out an email that these were emailed? They are using the same application system that Brown, Cornell, Northwestern, etc. are using and they all sent out emails...? Bizarre... Still can't steal my joy.

Finally got the Northwestern rejection. So I'm now at 1a/1w/2r/3p. Michigan State or Georgetown may be settled for me this week, CUNY could be...whenever. At the moment it's looking like a pretty clear decision for where I'll be in the fall!

2 hours ago, territhemayor said:

Got my no from northwestern which makes me 

1a/8r/3p 

I'm happy with my acceptance and will probably be going to Duke (theory). 

Where do you find the rejection on Northwestern's portal? Is it just on your main profile page? I'm still seeing nothing, and just want to make sure that there isn't some alternate system like Duke's. 

22 hours ago, tkid86 said:

Is anybody else waiting to hear from Syracuse? I sent an email to the graduate school on Thursday inquiring about when results might be sent out, but I haven't heard anything yet. 

I know they've sent some acceptances, but visiting day is late March if I'm not mistaken, so they might send out late acceptances maybe?

1 hour ago, StrengthandHonor said:

Where do you find the rejection on Northwestern's portal? Is it just on your main profile page? I'm still seeing nothing, and just want to make sure that there isn't some alternate system like Duke's. 

You'll get an email to check your page. Then there is a link right in the middle of your application status page to view the letter.