Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

3 hours ago, StrengthandHonor said:

Is anyone claiming the new(er) acceptance to ND? 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the fact that the only acceptances from ND showing are two international students means we can still hang onto hope ;)

5 hours ago, aroundandabout said:

Claiming the acceptance at ND! Best of luck to those who are waiting for good news!

I was glad to see another ND acceptance! 

@Bibica I got a follow-up email about whether I could make the visit days on 30/31 March so it seems like they are trying to firm up numbers for the visit. 

@philpot all I can tell you is that my follow-up email also gave me some new updates, which suggests to me that my offer went out in an early "wave"... Good luck!

13 hours ago, Anxiously Awaiting said:

@HermioneWannabe, also waiting to hear back from Yale. Is anyone else waiting to hear back?

What subfield are you?  I haven't seen anything (acceptances / rejections / waitlists) for any americanists so I'm wondering if they're just doing it by subfield. 

10 minutes ago, correlatesoftheory said:

Yale rejection. Don't know if I'd go there anyway, even though it's a good fit. I've heard there's some internal department dissension that would best be avoided. 

I've heard this too but have know idea if it's just PSR being PSR. No idea where to get honest answers on this though.

1 minute ago, AsymptoticallyUnbiased said:

I've heard this too but have know idea if it's just PSR being PSR. No idea where to get honest answers on this though.

Definitely not a PSR exclusive. I've heard this same critique from former professors and one other at a nearby institution. 

On 2/15/2017 at 9:15 AM, waterloo715 said:

Claiming the Indiana acceptance yesterday. My first offer and it came with a huge sigh of relief.  

Can you verify which program exactly you were accepted to? Is this the Public Affairs PhD?

24 minutes ago, dih2 said:

What do you all mean by dissension at Yale? In the entire department? Just some subfields?

I haven't heard any of this!

It's my understanding that the department, but especially AP, is a bit of a mess - unable to agree on things, etc.

But I don't have any insider information. 

2 minutes ago, HermioneWannabe said:

It's my understanding that the department, but especially AP, is a bit of a mess - unable to agree on things, etc.

But I don't have any insider information. 

Not only AP, but they've had a hard time retaining faculty in other fields because of some apparent drama. Juniors are always looking to leave (I think this is normal when you don't have tenure...). That said, it is Yale. Whatever is going on it probably won't be a permanent problem. Whether it will change quickly enough for incoming grad students I cannot say. 

*No insider information. Just gossip I've heard from my professors. FWIW. 

1 hour ago, dih2 said:

What do you all mean by dissension at Yale? In the entire department? Just some subfields?

I haven't heard any of this!

From what I understand, IR and AP have had a bit of a meltdown. Some real talent has left recently, NS comes to mind. Take what I and other anonymous people say on the internet (especially PSR) with a grain of salt. This is what I've heard from three different persons across two different institutions. You could go on the visit and see that this internal dissension is exaggerated or non-existent, but I think it's something to bear in mind. 

Edited by correlatesoftheory
Words

omg I'm so glad I found this forum - those Yale entries on the results board were freaking me out. But I'm still confused what's going on with the notification process.

Also, does anyone else here have any experience or have heard anything back from the joint degree program for social policy at Harvard?

Hope everyone is hanging in there!

Got an email that my ND portal was updated. The admission letter has a bit more detail on the info the department sent last week. Not sure that it means anything though in terms of people waiting to hear back from ND. 

@ralphwiththeconch Don't know that hanging in there is the right way to express it lol. My productivity this month has been pathetic! I wish I could say that I knew something about Harvard. Someone in the thread mentioned that decisions would come out early next week, so hopefully that is true for the joint program as well (I only applied to the PhD in Government).

If someone wants to email their grad coordinator for information, and post that information on here, that would be a really nice thing to do, and very much appreciated. :P 

1 hour ago, cydxb said:

Got an email that my ND portal was updated. The admission letter has a bit more detail on the info the department sent last week. Not sure that it means anything though in terms of people waiting to hear back from ND. 

can I know what is it about? are you saying the acceptance?

Great Thanks!

So, I'm really not a masochist, but I can't post up my rejections on the results forum... it keeps telling me something about its inability to use 'the socket'? Not sure what that's all about... anyone having issues posting on results posting?

4 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

So, I'm really not a masochist, but I can't post up my rejections on the results forum... it keeps telling me something about its inability to use 'the socket'? Not sure what that's all about... anyone having issues posting on results posting?

Maybe that's why the results page has been static for the whole day... I thought it was unusually quiet.

6 hours ago, RevTheory1126 said:

Claiming an official Northwestern rejection. The silence has been confirmed.

Did you receive an email or did you just check the website?

10 hours ago, HermioneWannabe said:

What subfield are you?  I haven't seen anything (acceptances / rejections / waitlists) for any americanists so I'm wondering if they're just doing it by subfield. 

I'm in IR, and I have seen both an acceptance and a rejection in the IR field. Not quite sure what to think at this point..