Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

11 hours ago, TheWalkingGrad said:

Yep, just presented my paper today! How about you?

Congrats on presenting! I'm just here to soak up the knowledge this year.

7 hours ago, krapp said:

Still waiting on both. Looking at the results board CUNY seems to be late in the cycle usually. Georgetown I have no idea.

And come on Northwestern. I know it's it's rejection, you know it's a rejection...Just send me the email and let's get this over with!

I received an interview request from CUNY yesterday. 

1 hour ago, HermioneWannabe said:

Sorry to repeat the question, but have anyone in American Politics heard from Yale yet?

When is the visiting weekend, by the way?  Maybe that will shed some light on when we can all expect to hear by.  Thanks!

Got accepted to Yale for AP. Visiting weekend is April 4-6. Heard from EH and JH.

This Yale news is preparing me to be very sad...

Do any of you guys know about waitlists? I got waitlisted at one of my top choices and the portal says I'll get a letter in the mail for me to respond to if I want to stay on the waitlist, but it's been a week and no letter yet. 

I'm usually not a very patient person, and this process is really making me realize this even more.

I called Brown just now since I still haven't received a response 10 days after everyone else has. They told me I was on the "unofficial waitlist" so they couldn't notify me, but they are glad I called to inquire. The department administrator said it is a "very short waitlist" (I presume 2-3 names), so there is hopefully a decent chance I get in.

To anyone who got into Brown but will not be attending, please let them know earlier rather than later. I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

@The0ry ah ok, mine was a notification that I have been "offered a place on the program waiting list" so I'm guessing it is an official waiting list. I just need the paper letter, but I'll probably call if I don't see it after the end of this week. And if only they left off the "waiting list" part...

Good luck with Brown!! 

Edited by ralphwiththeconch

I just called two departments and asked about their process.

Northwestern says that the adcom is not finished yet. They've sent out some rejections and some acceptances, but they are still finalizing their list. I was told that we could expect that process to be finished within a week. So for everyone who hasn't heard either way, there is still hope. 

University of Virginia: The department says that they have sent out their acceptances and their rejections, and that if you have not heard either way, you are on the waitlist. 
*EDIT* also, UVA didn't say how many students were on the waitlist.

Edited by StrengthandHonor

1 hour ago, ILikeHotDogs said:

I received an interview request from CUNY yesterday. 

I haven't heard a thing from them. So maybe another rejection in the works. I'm just ready for this process to end...

And in light of the Northwestern info, it might never end!

Edited by krapp

29 minutes ago, krapp said:

I haven't heard a thing from them. So maybe another rejection in the works. I'm just ready for this process to end...

And in light of the Northwestern info, it might never end!

Last year I did not hear anything from CUNY until April when I was informed I was on the waitlist.  I ultimately received a rejection letter a few weeks later.  Keep the faith :)

23 minutes ago, ILikeHotDogs said:

Last year I did not hear anything from CUNY until April when I was informed I was on the waitlist.  I ultimately received a rejection letter a few weeks later.  Keep the faith :)

Thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed (and keep leaping to my phone each time it rings). What subfield are/did you apply to?

1 minute ago, ralphwiththeconch said:

@HermioneWannabe I just got waitlisted at Yale too. Second waitlist...this is killing me! But glad it's not a rejection, at least. Fingers crossed, and sending so much love to whoever has an offer and decides to go elsewhere :P

Obviously I would have preferred an acceptance :-P 

But I'm also have acceptances I'm happy with...it was just killing me not knowing!

@HermioneWannabe It's awesome you have an acceptance that you're happy with! I saw earlier that you're thinking of going to Columbia - I worked there for a summer with poli sci profs, and it was great. It's a beautiful place to study.

And yes, an answer is better than radio silence, for sure. I'm just really really hoping that I get off one of my waitlists, both are at my dream schools.

Just now, ralphwiththeconch said:

@HermioneWannabe It's awesome you have an acceptance that you're happy with! I saw earlier that you're thinking of going to Columbia - I worked there for a summer with poli sci profs, and it was great. It's a beautiful place to study.

And yes, an answer is better than radio silence, for sure. I'm just really really hoping that I get off one of my waitlists, both are at my dream schools.

Do you mind me asking what the second one is? What are your specific interests in AP?

Fingers crossed for you!