Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

17 minutes ago, krapp said:

Now that I know Northwestern results are coming out my productivity at work tomorrow will be zero. Who can focus on work when you can refresh your email instead?!

me in two weeks :blink:

24 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

Congrats! That's amazing. But based on results section, looks like there are two Theory acceptances claimed here, plus your American acceptance, making 3 accounted acceptances (they seem like they took 7 or so last year)... am I doing the math right here?

Edit: I am also assuming that the previous Northwestern from over a week ago was a troll

They should be sending more than 7 because many people who are admitted do not accept the admission offers as they get admitted to other places as well

On 19.01.2017. at 8:30 AM, meteora said:

Did anyone hear from UIUC? I can find two acceptances in the results page. Since there are so many trolls, I cannot trust the information. 

yep I can confirm an offer. came in sometime in mid January.

Received indirect early word through my advisor that I was accepted to UW-Madison. Notices aren't out yet, but it sounds like they will be soon. No word on specifics. 

I haven't actually had time to fully process, but having an acceptance is a wonderful feeling. 

6 minutes ago, jazzmintea said:

Congrats! mine still says pending............................................... 

Ditto. One of my letter writers said, even after I told him I got a call from the DGS, that it's still way early for decisions to be made. 

2 minutes ago, correlatesoftheory said:

Ditto. One of my letter writers said, even after I told him I got a call from the DGS, that it's still way early for decisions to be made. 

Is it still early? I'm not sure. Based on the previous cycles and the timing of the interviews, I'm expecting to hear from them this week. 

4 minutes ago, jazzmintea said:

Is it still early? I'm not sure. Based on the previous cycles and the timing of the interviews, I'm expecting to hear from them this week. 

I have no horse in this race, but I remember it being said that the OSU grad school system updates slowly. I would wait a bit until  freaking out. 

Edited by resDQ

4 minutes ago, jazzmintea said:

I'm expecting 2-3 decisions this week too. My hunch is that OSU, Madison, and Davis will come out this week. Maybe Chapel Hill. That's just a guesstimate based off previous cycles. I'm saying for most schools, it's still early. I think we'll see a wave of decisions beginning at end of next week. 

20 minutes ago, jazzmintea said:

Congrats! mine still says pending............................................... 

Mine says pending as well.

51 minutes ago, resDQ said:

I have no horse in this race, but I remember it being said that the OSU grad school system updates slowly. I would wait a bit until  freaking out. 

I hope that's true!! Except I remember when I applied for 2015-2016 cycle, something came along after "pending" before it was shown "decision." Can't remember what it was. 

51 minutes ago, correlatesoftheory said:

I'm expecting 2-3 decisions this week too. My hunch is that OSU, Madison, and Davis will come out this week. Maybe Chapel Hill. That's just a guesstimate based off previous cycles. I'm saying for most schools, it's still early. I think we'll see a wave of decisions beginning at end of next week. 

I'm expecting Madison next week and since it's February next week..omg. 

42 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

Mine says pending as well.

Let's hope for the best! 

4 hours ago, wqndy said:

I confirm a UIUC waitlist, and this is the first notification I received by now. As far as I know from the email, UIUC's first round of admissions had been completed. So if you receive no notification, you are at least not selected in the first round.

I hope that your waitlist status will be changed to accepted status soon. 

May I know when did you get the notification? Did you get the notification after contacting the department?

3 hours ago, jamesdilla said:

just checked OSU portal, accepted. no funding info yet. 

1 hour ago, jej3 said:

I also have an OSU decision on their portal, just to try to lend some certainty to this process. 

1 hour ago, tkid86 said:

I also received my OSU decision via portal. International relations subfield.

Claiming another OSU admittance! Status hasn't changed from "Pending," but was told via phone. Don't give up hope just yet people! 

Had you had interviews before getting acceptances?

8 minutes ago, swanblack said:

I personally did, yes. But judging by past cycles, an interview doesn't necessarily guarantee admittance, and a "non-interview doesn't mean denial. 

I personally did, yes. But judging by past cycles, an interview doesn't necessarily guarantee admittance, and a "non-interview doesn't mean denial. 

Got it. Congrats for the acceptance. Mine is still showing "pending". Don't know when it will change or otherwise notified.

18 minutes ago, correlatesoftheory said:

Claiming another OSU admittance! Status hasn't changed from "Pending," but was told via phone. Don't give up hope just yet people! 

Wow! Congrats to all OSU folks. But I'm curious @correlatesoftheory, did you get the phone call in the evening? Wild! Working late hours up in Columbus...

25 minutes ago, swanblack said:

17 minutes ago, correlatesoftheory said:

I interviewed, as well. I had also spoken with a POI last summer before I even applied. But as @correlatesoftheory said, no interview does not mean a rejection. I think that has been demonstrated in past cycles, too.

Edited by tkid86

12 minutes ago, swanblack said:

Got it. Congrats for the acceptance. Mine is still showing "pending". Don't know when it will change or otherwise notified.

Mine still is pending, so don't stress out. We're not nearly out of the woods yet. 

2 minutes ago, tkid86 said:

I interviewed, as well. I had also spoken with a POI last summer before I even applied. But as @correlatesoftheory said, no interview does not mean a rejection. I think that has been demonstrated in past cycles, too.

Thanks. And congrats for the admit. I did exchange an email with POI and was told my interests was interesting. Did not get the interview though and the status is pending as of yet. I am beginning to interpret as sort of "not a good news". But who knows what happens. 

4 minutes ago, swanblack said:

Thanks. And congrats for the admit. I did exchange an email with POI and was told my interests was interesting. Did not get the interview though and the status is pending as of yet. I am beginning to interpret as sort of "not a good news". But who knows what happens. 

Stay optimistic! I still haven't received formal notification either -- just checked the portal. But it's not over until it's over.

2 minutes ago, tkid86 said:

Stay optimistic! I still haven't received formal notification either -- just checked the portal. But it's not over until it's over.

Thank you @tkid86 I understand. But the wait is always nerve-wrecking. Good wishes with OSU and rest of the apps.