PhD Applicants Fall 2017

aj_h

On 2017/1/11 at 5:51 AM, SocialEpi1216 said:

Has anyone heard anything from the Epi program at the University of Washington?

Just received an email from the Epi department that they intend to send PhD admission notification this week.

But I haven't received the notification so far, wondering if I am rejected.

I heard someone has already received PhD admission from Department of Biostatistics.

I also haven't heard anything from University of Washington, except for the email saying it would be this week.

I received an interview request from UCSF Epi/Transl Sci yesterday. 

Anyone else have updates? Fingers crossed for you all.

Long-term double-lurker here.

Clarification regarding the UW decision dates will probably come out soon. Decisions should be made this week, notifications will be next week. Now hopefully we can all enjoy our weekends :). 

7 hours ago, JSnow said:

Long-term double-lurker here.

Clarification regarding the UW decision dates will probably come out soon. Decisions should be made this week, notifications will be next week. Now hopefully we can all enjoy our weekends :). 

Yeah, received a clarification letter from UW. Notification will be next week. 

Anybody wants to claim the Drexel University interview? I am curious as to when you applied, since they told me (applied 12/15) that apps won't even be looked at until this week! And what are your interests?

55 minutes ago, light10491 said:

When do you guys think we could be hearing back on decisions? It's getting close to 2 months since December 1.

Anyone hear back from JHU (for Health Policy & Management), I know they had some phone interviews already. Typically when do they give out decisions (and is it via email or phone)?

For UW health services it should be the first few days of February, for Hopkins mental health it should be mid February, and I don't really have any solid prediction for UNC health policy and management. This is all just based on what the results page says for the past few years for the programs I'm applying to.

5 hours ago, dandelion8 said:

For UW health services it should be the first few days of February, for Hopkins mental health it should be mid February, and I don't really have any solid prediction for UNC health policy and management. This is all just based on what the results page says for the past few years for the programs I'm applying to.

I was contacted by UNC Health Management and Policy today asking to do a short phone interview (I'd spoken with the POI last fall at length regarding research fit,) but I didn't get an idea of when they'd be making any decisions. 

9 minutes ago, aj_h said:

I was contacted by UNC Health Management and Policy today asking to do a short phone interview (I'd spoken with the POI last fall at length regarding research fit,) but I didn't get an idea of when they'd be making any decisions. 

I had the same thing happen to me today! I also didn't get a chance to ask about when they're releasing decisions but I guess we'll see what happens. I hope your call went well!

Have not heard from UW yet, but they said they would be sending out decisions for the PhD in Epi this week.

So far have only heard from Emory (rejection) and Michigan (interview) for Epi PhD programs. 

I saw that one person heard from Johns Hopkins today for the PhD in Epi. 

4 minutes ago, epi_08 said:

Have not heard from UW yet, but they said they would be sending out decisions for the PhD in Epi this week.

So far have only heard from Emory (rejection) and Michigan (interview) for Epi PhD programs. 

I saw that one person heard from Johns Hopkins today for the PhD in Epi. 

Congrats for the Michigan interview.

When did you receive interview invitation from Michigan?

I have only heard from Emory (interview) for Nutrition Health Science PhD programs so far.

Anxiously waiting for the results.

On 1/18/2017 at 3:23 PM, light10491 said:

Anyone do the JHU Health Policy & Management call? Any details on when they could be deciding?

No information received yet. Called the department yesterday at 11:45 AM but no one answered.

By the way, is there anybody applying to the health care management & economics program in Wharton here? Any results / interview invitations?

3 hours ago, KAR30 said:

Has anyone heard from Harvard PhD in Population Health Sciences, Social and Behavioral Sciences track?

Should we be expecting something this soon? It seems that (from previous threads) the action happens in February with no interviews....

8 hours ago, JSnow said:

Should we be expecting something this soon? It seems that (from previous threads) the action happens in February with no interviews....

I spoke with someone in the department a few months ago and she said that sometimes they will conduct interviews. So, I was curious to know if anyone had been contacted.