2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

KR_ChemIntern

4 hours ago, sk8er determinant said:

still waiting (i applied for organic as well.) i sent my app on the 15th so I wouldn't be surprised if my app is the last batch of the apps to be looked at.

@CKabes I also sent my app in on the 15th and am in organic. I haven't heard anything yet.

On 1/13/2017 at 3:33 PM, Dibenzofulvene said:

Hey guys, I've received the unofficial letter from the University of Michigan Department of Chemistry. It states that the offer will be official upon certification by the Graduate school. Deadline to sign up for visiting days is Feb 3rd. 

Was this snail mail or email?

On 1/14/2017 at 1:46 PM, Herbert West said:

Where did you see your application status for UNC? I can't seem to find it. 

I got an update through their applynow page. It just says that there was an update to my profile posted on the 13th with a link to my decision letter.

40 minutes ago, CKabes said:

Although I have not heard a denial from UMich or Wisc., its hard to stay hopeful when others have received acceptances weeks ago. How are y'all feeling? 

The easiest way to find this out is to go to this link (part of gradcafe) http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=chemistry+university+of+michigan&t=a&o=&pp=25 and this link http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=chemistry+university+of+wisconsin&t=a&o=&pp=25 and count the number of admits in 2017, then compare to the number of admits from 2016. If they're about the same number, that's not a good sign. 

1 hour ago, CKabes said:

Although I have not heard a denial from UMich or Wisc., its hard to stay hopeful when others have received acceptances weeks ago. How are y'all feeling? 

oh i haven't either, but it's totally my fault for sending it on the due date (i needed some time to save the money i need for sending the dec 15th apps). truthfully, i'm very anxious about it, as well as for other schools lol

52 minutes ago, matsguy said:

@Chem123 Totally, agree. Have you heard of any domestic students hearing back from Stanford?

Yep I am domestic and heard back by email last week. Also, just got acceptance to Princeton by email today!

Edited by Disselkyle

50 minutes ago, Disselkyle said:

Yep I am domestic and heard back by email last week. Also, just got acceptance to Princeton by email today!

whoa congrats on your acceptance to princeton!!! may i ask which division you applied for, and when you submit your application?

9 minutes ago, sk8er determinant said:

whoa congrats on your acceptance to princeton!!! may i ask which division you applied for, and when you submit your application?

Inorganic chemistry, submitted Nov. 30 (day before it was due). I did have a Skype interview with a professor a couple weeks ago.

13 minutes ago, Disselkyle said:

Inorganic chemistry, submitted Nov. 30 (day before it was due). I did have a Skype interview with a professor a couple weeks ago.

oh damn! i submitted mine on the 31st (i applied for organic chem). getting rly nervous now but like damn congrats again! 

EDIT: ok I'm so stupid I sent mine on the 30th idk why I thought November 31st existed....

Edited by sk8er determinant